Tightwad Tuesday 2019 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    That's nice that your DH appreciates your time and efforts getting his car stuff done. The rocks sound nice.

I put mulch around our trees 2 mths ago and the bag said that it stops grass from growing through it due to whatever it's made of.....Yeah, right. We've had snow a few times and when it melts, I can see the grass through the mulch.

I tried to do laundry but DS2 has his stuff in the washer and won't let anyone touch it. So, I can't put it in the dryer. I have a folded pile here for DS2 but he hasn't retrieved them yet..... Kids....

My doc is closing his practice and I'm heartbroken. He's the 4th doc that has done this and finding anyone good is extremely difficult. He sent me a check for $500 as that was owed to me from our contract. Sure, it helps, but I'd rather have him as my PCP.

We got a new tenant for the rental and it should work out. We also had the windows measured as the frames are rotted and the tenants can't open one of them.

DH will smoke chickens again. Maybe not in the next 2 days as we are expecting more snow.
    lord I must be a hardass lol I would be get your ass down to the washer if you don't want us touching it. or would dump it in a basket if not in the dryer. training ds to be on top of his lol because sitting on the computer playing video games isn't not a reason not to take a minute to change machines. same with taking late showers when we are in bed ..don't want the fans running when we are trying to sleep. now if it was because he is working hard and had a job of course but not to be sitting on his butt on Instagram for hours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, Martha, I'm a pushover. I let him keep his laundry in the washer or dryer until the cows come home because I'll get read the riot act if I put a finger on his stuff. Terrible to treat a parent like that and it certainly holds up the works when he's working and I wanna get my personal laundry done. But to get around it, I'll take his clothes out of the washer, put mine in, remove mine when done and then throw his back in on "spin" cycle so it doesn't look like anyone touched them. DH and I get upset with some of this stuff but we try to keep peace and figure out how to deal with it. One day, we have an empty nest and will do as we want to do and not try to make everyone happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's been quite a week. The last of the out of town visitors have left. I'm glad it's over. Now to see if there is lasting relationship damage from all the fighting.

It was good to see ds. He looked so handsome in his uniform along with his cousin in uniform. They were the lead pall bearers. I'm glad ds was able to be here. He missed a day of training, but they said it was okay. Ds also took one of his dogs back with him. The bigger one that is a bully. The other dog is acting a little different. I'm sure she'll be fine in a few days. Not sure if they will send for her later. That's okay, we really love her. She's small and doesn't "complain" too much.

We were saying that it just doesn't feel like Christmas. I don't have my tree up and not sure I'll put one up this year. Oldest ds will be at his inlaws for Christmas, so it really doesn't matter. We didn't put up any of the outside decor either. Probably won't now. We were going to do it the week mil passed. I'll see what I can do. Dgd and I put out the snowmen and she put up a few other decorations. I can't remember if I have a small tree in the basement. Maybe I'll put that one up this year.

I still need to get a couple of small gifts for Christmas and some gift cards. That's about it for this year. Just not feeling it.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. I think we have pork chops in the freezer. Maybe that will do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did get a tree up and decorated. I had some new hallmark ornaments and dug out a few special ones. Put some lights and a ribbon and we're done. Dgd helped. She had made some foam ornaments this year. She likes putting these together. They are also on the tree.

I got my quilt pinned together yesterday. Now to start sewing.

I need to start wrapping gifts. Brought some paper up, but now to get everything together. I do need to get the gifts for my sister and parents together. I'll see them tomorrow. Tonight we are going to dgd's karate graduation. She's so excited to finally get her blue stripe belt. She's been waiting at least a year for it. She said she's never taking it off. Then we'll go to McD's to eat. That's a special treat for her that she looks forward to.

Need to fill one of the bird feeders. I have a couple of tube feeders and one is almost empty. Dh filled the main feeder this morning. Poor birds had run out and I couldn't lift the bag, so they had to wait until today.

Going to color my hair today. DIY at home. It grows out too fast to have it done professionally. One day I'll let it go gray or maybe not. Just going to see what else I can get done around here. Still trying to get back to normal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No shopping today. Off from work today and just doing some things that have to get done...Will be getting donated bagels this afternoon and take them to the food pantry tomorrow. Getting to the gym...Taking things from the garage and putting them in the basement..

I found a jar of salsa to add to the taco meat that I'll be cooking today. I'll layer that mixture with onions and cheese and put it into a casserole for dinner. DS2 says he doesn't like that salsa, but he's eaten it before and I won't let him know that I used it for dinner...

I filled out another survey for free bagels. I have $40 in swagbucks so far and will probably get a ebay card so I can get new work shoes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have to make a last minute run to the store today. Need to get cheese and crackers for tonight. We are getting together for light snacks for father in law. This could be his last. He's ready to go too. He's lonely. Also dh decided we are going to have a crab boil for dinner on Christmas. I need to get everything for that today too.

I have a mountain of laundry again. When dh decided to throw his clothes in the wash, there's a ton. He cleaned out his corner and everything went in. It will end up being two loads instead of one.

Tomorrow I may start putting the Christmas decor away. Just didn't feel it this year. I did very little and I'm ready to put it away and start the new year. Hopefully this will be a good year. I don't think it's going to start off the way we'd like, but we'll get through it all. I've always said that teenagers were easier than adult children. I don't need the stress and worry.

I probably won't be around much this next week. Dh is off and the weather is supposed to be nice, so we'll be working on a few things outside and cleaning up the cars and a little work in the yard.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234