Tightwad Tuesday 2019
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday 2019

Post all your Tightwad Tuesday's here...

4/16 Beautiful day here. Today I will plant my flowers. Got busy helping dh last night.

Post office yesterday wasn't as bad as it looked. The parking lot was full, but there were only a few people in line. The lot has had a lot less cars and more people before.

Doing laundry again. It never stops. Cleaning the kitchen too.

Dinner tonight will be either cabbage and smoked sausage or bbq sausage and rice. Something so we have leftovers. Dh hasn't had any leftovers this week for lunch.

I'm not planning on spending any money today, but we'll see how the day goes. I made need to make a fruit run to get us by until Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/23 Going to watch the grandbabies, so momma can run to the store.

Then I'm going to the store, to return some crackers I bought. They are burnt and taste bad, so they are going back. Premium crackers are no longer premium. You should see the online complaints.

I need to pick up the groceries my walmart didn't have. I can't believe they don't carry the same products at all stores. I'm beginning to really dislike walmart. I think what I can't get at Aldi or the other grocery store on the way home, I'll just have to order from Amazon. Walmart has become the kmart we used to have here. Really run down and almost too scary to shop there. I guess if I do need something only walmart has, I'll do an online order and pick it up. I'm currently going to the walmart in the next town over, because I just feel safer. That whole part of town has been going down hill fast. Actually the whole city is becoming that way.

Dinner tonight will be either chicken or maybe eggs. Dh mentioned wanting eggs tonight. We'll see. We've been doing really well with not eating out. That's part of why I need to go to walmart. I want some of those ballpark burgers, for a quick meal, when we don't have time and I don't feel like cooking.

We'll go work on inlaws house again tonight. Yesterday, we went to buy a few supplies to finish up a few things. I'll be glad when that is finished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes housework never stops does it! miss piss pants is upset that dh is putting new flooring in the basement so has to be upset about it and I got to step onto a wet throw rug by the bed. so more laundry. think she peed on a binder too downstairs so don't know if it soaked though the new flooring cracks ..don't know how or it was just a little bit. and of course as I am typing not so little kitten wanted to climb over my boobs all wet and smelly cus playing in the toilet again. a second floor to clean.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/30 Rainy day here. I need to try and run errands between storms.

I'd like to stop and get my library books. They are all ready. We'll see how the rain is.

I need to get dog food and dog treats. Dh says to take money out and buy extra so I don't have to go as often. Feeding 5 dogs, takes a lot of food and now the bags are 2 pounds smaller. I also need to get some fresh fruit. We ran out before payday, or was it I didn't make it to the store to buy any for this week? Time flies these days and we've been really busy too.

If I get to it, I have a couple of loads of laundry to fold and put away.

Dinner tonight will be fried rice. There will be enough leftover for dh to take for lunches.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom- these companies charge the same price for smaller bags. I agree with DH. Buy more and drive less for dog food.

Martha- MsPP sounds like a trip. My mom had a 5 lb mini terrier. She was my dad's favorite. After dad passed, mom moved into a apartment. That pup did her business right after mom took her for a walk. Furniture, bed, carpet, you name it. Mom took her to the vet to see if there was a problem. Nope. Just being spiteful.

No work today so stew in the crock and running errands. I had DH remove the towel bar in my bathroom. It fell off and was hard to put back on so I got rid of it. I did that to another bathroom as well (it had 2 bars). I will try to find large self-stick plastic hooks to put over the holes where the bar used to be. If not, I'll spackle and try to have the Home Depot remake the color.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/7 Another rainy day. So tired of rain. Can't get out to do anything in the yard and it needs help. We also want to get started painting the house. Then this summer when we need rain, we won't get any.

This morning I slept until almost 11. It felt great. I needed the rest.

Today I will marinate some chicken. May eat some for dinner and freeze the rest.

Set up the camera last night and found out who is peeing in the living room almost every night. So in the crate you go at night. Sorry, but I don't want my house smelling like dog pee.

Something always comes up and so we haven't been back to inlaws house, so that needs to be done. We did get the outside yard cleaned up while the weather was nice. Just a few safety things and a doggie door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's been rainy and snow expected this week as well....Not my idea of a good time.

I spent $3 on rice and cooked out the rest of the frozen shrimp to go with it for dinner. Quick meal.

DH doing laundry today and DS2 getting ready for finals. Engineering is not an easy field and the classes aren't easy. I'm happy that he passes, although he tries to achieve very high scores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/14 Another sunny day! It may rain later tonight, but I'll enjoy the sunshine today.

It's dh's birthday, so we are meeting ds and his family and McDonalds for dinner. We had a surprise birthday party last night. It was planned by dgd. She's so cute.

Continuing with laundry today. When it's just the two of us, I tend to let it build up a little too much.

Also continuing in the kitchen. Thought I could fit everything in, but cleaned out the fridge, dh brought containers home from work, and it piled up again. Today, I'll get to catch up, since I won't be cooking dinner.

Always seems like there's something going on. Having elderly parents that need a lot takes so much time. One day, things will calm down, hopefully.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Running to Family dollar to get some detergent pods. Will put five in baggie and donate to food bank in June for the big give for my birthday.
    Sunny and beautiful here....no rain so far....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/21 Rain, Rain go away....

The rain slowed down enough that I was able to get to the store for fruit and pick up a few things we needed. Did stop at one store to get the pork chops they had on sale. We grilled some last night and they were so good, that I went back for more to put in the freezer. We should be able to get 3 meals out of that with enough leftover for lunches too.

Not much going on right now. Nice to have a few slow days. I do have quite a few sewing projects to work on, but I need to clear the sewing table off first.

Dinner will be leftovers from last night and Sunday. It's nice to have a no cook day. It wasn't fun grilling in the cold rain last night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/28 I hope everyone had a good, safe Memorial Day.

We didn't do much this weekend. We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and the kids came over for eat. We did finally pick the exterior house paint. We are keeping it green, but going lighter. We had green before it was popular. That was the color when we bought the house 20+ years ago.

I placed an order at Kohls. I had some Kohls Kash to use by yesterday, but just didn't feel like going out, so I placed an order online. There were even more discounts. I was able to get dgd a new pair of shoes and some denim shorts for $12. I will have to go to the store to pick up the order, but I just didn't want to take the time yesterday to go there and look.

Today we are expecting more storms and they could be pretty bad today, so I'm staying home. Dh cleared out the garage and got my car back in. He'll park in the parking garage at work.

I'm just going to start the laundry for the week. The house stayed pretty clean from the long weekend considering dgd was here.

We found some steaks in the freezer that are starting to get freezer burn, so I'll cut away the bad parts and maybe just slice it up with some veggies and rice for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had some frugal moments today and posted them on the frugal challenge board.

We took a trip and came back to a house full of nothing. DH didn't want to stop at the market and the kids were tired, so we just went home and to bed. We woke up and DH asked me what was for dinner. I said I was having cereal and he found some frozen items that didn't really fill anyone up. So I got a few things today for dinner and breakfast. I pulled out a ham and turkey to thaw and will cook whichever thaws first in a few days.

We got snow last week and it's been hailing and rainy ever since. My spearmint plants may come back but the thyme that I planted is lost.

My new bedding arrived and I put it on our bed. It was on clearance for $27 but I had to act fast and couldn't get it at the store, so it had to be shipped. I paid $40 for an 8 piece set for a California king. I didn't put the comforter on, although I wanted to. DH sleeps in a folded vellux blanket and I have a comforter and heavy fleece blanket on me. I just took the electric blanket off today but let's see how long I last without an extra blanket.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/4 The sun is shining for now. They are talking about more rain. I'm so done with rain.

It was a very difficult weekend for us. We had to have two of our dogs put to sleep. One dog came on quickly. His back legs just gave out on him. There really wasn't much we could do for him. He couldn't stand to do his business and would just collapse. He fell down the stairs and scraped up his elbows and peed all over himself. The other dog was old, and the vet said he could go anytime. That was a month ago. So we decided to let them go together. It's been pretty quiet and lonely. We still have one dog and a cat and we also have ds' dogs while he is deployed.

We did get the yard mowed last night and edged. I wish our neighbors would do the same. I think we have a creeper living behind us. Dgd and I went out on the deck while papa was mowing. Their back curtain was only opened a little bit and when we went out he opened it more. We have a bunch of landscaping fabric, so we are going to put it around the railing so the creep can't look over, especially when we put the pool up. We wanted one for the yard this year, but decided against it. Glad we did now,. Maybe if they keep the fence line growing, that will block his view too. Jerk!

Today, I'm going to fold all the laundry I haven't gotten to all weekend. It was just too sad to do anything.

Not sure what we'll have for dinner. Maybe ham and eggs. Something easy. I'm not feeling real great. The Crohns is acting up. Has been for a few weeks, but I think it's ready to go full blown.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jett- So sorry about your pets being laid down. Sending hugs your way. That's always a very tough situation.

We had to be more frugal and thoughtful in spending due to decreased income. I've been pulling from the freezer and DH smoked the turkey and made mashed potatoes/gravy today. Tomorrow he wants the leftover ham fried with rice. I'll be coming up with ideas for the turkey. I only plan to spend $200/mth for food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I normally just stick to the threads I post on but found myself here this morning. I am so sorry for the loss of your dogs, I can't imagine the heartache of losing both in one day. My heart hurts for you. I hope your other pets will be comforting to you as you get used to a much smaller household.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast