Tightwad Tuesday 2020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday 2020

Today will be another appointment for dh. It should start to slow down now until the rehab starts. I think it is early enough in the morning that he'll be able to go before work. Waiting for an appointment with a dietician. That was recommended too. I think we are doing pretty good, but hopefully they will be able to help me not spend so much time reading labels.

Need to go pick up a new prescription for dh. He'll get to start that one tomorrow. I called the pharmacy last night and they said they didn't have anything for him. It was probably there, but too lazy to look.

I have laundry to fold and put away. We visited dgd last night and took her to walmart market and bought the things we needed, so I don't have to do that today.

Dinner will either be leftovers or a zucchini stir fry. I'm thinking leftovers as long as dh has something to take for lunch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another cloud day. It was good to finally see a little sun yesterday. The snow is melting and pretty much gone.

Going to the store for a few things. I really need something for my lunches. I looked at freezer meals and they are so full of sodium and high calorie. I think I'll stick with turkey sandwiches. I do need a different bread. The whole wheat isn't doing it for me. I have crohns and too much fiber isn't good. I tried to make a grilled cheese this weekend and it was horrible. I'm going to try the sara lee whole grain white. Need to pick up a few other odds and ends.

It should be a quiet day. Will spend a little time in the sewing room, trying to organize it so I can actually have room to sew. I have so many project ideas in my head and I can't do anything until the room is clean and I finish the other projects.

Not sure about dinner. We still have some leftover and dh will probably eat that or have a sandwich.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another cold, cold day. It snowed yesterday and we're supposed to get more snow over the next few days. I plan to go to the store to get some things so I don't have to get out in the bad weather. If it's too bad, dh will take my car and I won't drive either of the other two.

Dh started his cardiac rehab today. It went well and he met a friend that had a heart attack a few months ago. The nurses there said he is doing really well and looks so much better. As far as diet, they didn't really have to talk to him much because he had already started eating better and was losing weight. He will need to adjust his calorie intake, now that he is starting rehab. I guess they had a patient that would go outside and smoke instead of doing the rehab. Dh has this. He's determined to lose weight and be in better shape. He said I'm too young to be left alone and he has two granddaughters he wants to see grow up. He always knew he needed to lose weight. His brother had a heart attack several years ago, his dad had a stroke, his other brother died of a brain bleed because of high blood pressure. You'd think he would have done something then. The sad thing is his brother doesn't do well after having a heart attack. But he has no support because he is divorced and lives alone.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. We still have some leftovers and dh will probably want to eat that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It won't be a no spend day. We decided to do a mini super bowl party. Dgd loves parties and decorating for them. I'm going to get some Chiefs plates and whatever else I can find. Most of it is sold out around here. I'm still looking for another shirt for her. She has one and that may have to do, but I think I found a store that has one that might fit. It might be a little big, but she'll be able to wear it for a few years. Waiting for one more package to arrive. Shouldn't be too much longer. I love the UPS delivery manager. It will give you updates on where your package is and shows a map where the truck is. The other two packages already came, just waiting on this one.

Dh had a good day in class yesterday. They fed him and he ate pretty good. There were a lot of bad choices offered, but he stayed strong and ate as good as he good. I'm so proud of him. He did take a few snacks with him and his water bottle just in case. We just had turkey sandwiches and vegetables for dinner last night.

I think I'm going to try a hibachi chicken recipe I found on pinterest. I love hibachi chicken.

Need to finish cleaning the kitchen. It's so unorganized. I need to find a place for a few things, that will make room on the counter for me to work. I also have some apples that were not so good to use up. I may make some applesauce or just some healthier fried apples.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Should be a quiet day. It snowed this morning. Had to feed the birdies. There were bird tracks up to the back door. They were waiting for food. Glad we stopped and got some last night.

Going to finish taxes and get them sent off today. Pay a couple more doctor bills for dh. We finally got the statement from insurance and I can make sure I'm paying the right amount to each bill. It's too bad I couldn't just pay the whole deductible to one and then let the insurance pay the rest, but nope, got about 8 bills coming.

Need to clean the kitchen. It's so unorganized. The counters are always a mess. Can't get everyone to put things away or dirty dishes in the sink. They don't understand that I only have a small space to work and prep dinner. Got to clutter it up too.

Didn't feel great this weekend, so I've been moving a little slow and not getting everything done like I want. So much to do. Time to make another long "to do" list.

Dinner tonight will be some kind of chicken and vegetables.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is good that your dh is on board with his health! yes that is annoying w people won't clean up after themselves. strike time maybe or they may like that lol any clear flat spot here the family fills fast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's cold and sunny today. Another snowstorm coming tomorrow. I may run out and return some items to walmart and pick up a cheap bottle of laundry soap for $1. That's the only way I buy it. It has to be under $2, but preferably $1. I'm not brand loyal, so whatever is on sale. I don't know if there is a limit, but I'll pick it up while I'm going somewhere else.

Going to cook some ribs today. It'll just be done in the oven. They'll be okay. Just need to make sure I don't overcook them. Will cook some rice and a veggie. There should be some left for dh to take for lunch tomorrow.

I also have apples to use up. Never did get the applesauce done. Maybe today or tomorrow for sure. If it snows, I know I'll be staying in. It seems to snow every Wednesday, the day I go visit my parents. They are busy with appointments and there own stuff on other days, so Wednesday is they day the set aside for us to come visit. Oh well, spring is around the corner.

I do have a load of laundry to fold and put away. If I don't get to it, at least it's clean.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another busy afternoon. Dh has a diabetes education class. I get to go with him. Dinner will be whatever we find. It will be late when we get home. I'll eat something small before the class and then maybe just some popcorn when we get home.

I need to finish up in the kitchen. Didn't get it all done. My foot was hurting and so was my arm. I have plantar fasciitis and a muscle injury in the arm. I have exercises to do. Better get on those today. Got a decent sleep last night. Feeling a bit better today.

Also need to do a load of laundry. I'll at least get it washed and dried today. Folding will be another day.