Straight Talk Phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Straight Talk Phone

has anyone used it and what is your opinion? we currently have ATT and are spending about $200 for 3 lines....

at a flat rate of $45 a month per phone, switching will save us about $65 a month... but is it worth it?? does it get good service, easy to reload the phone, etc....

thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i switched to a tracphone from walmart. 10 bucks a month or whatever plan you want TracFone | Prepaid Cell Phones | Prepaid Wireless

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

@fluttermuffin: I recommend Straight Talk not only because of the savings, but it is reliable and has great service. I will tell you to first see what towers are used in your city for the connection to be perfect. I live in Florida and have great service all of the time. I was spending and incredible amount with Att and now the savings are good. Good luck with your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use Straight talk for a few months now and we get great service no matter where we go. I do suggest that you go on the web page and punch in your area to see the map of the coverage and if you can wait to order a phone you can get a better deal on the web. We signed up to have it refilled monthly so I don't have to worry about forgetting to do it. Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by fluttermuffin View Post
    has anyone used it and what is your opinion? we currently have ATT and are spending about $200 for 3 lines....

at a flat rate of $45 a month per phone, switching will save us about $65 a month... but is it worth it?? does it get good service, easy to reload the phone, etc....

thanks.
    Have you started using Straight Talk? I am seriously considering this option.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of my teens has the straight talk unlimited. He loves it. He throughly investigated it before he spent his $. It runs off of verizon towers so terrific service in our area.

Dh and I are under a Verizon contract. With his work discount it cant be beat. However i am pondering going with naked dsl at home, cutting the home phone and getting a starigh talk phone for home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got a tracfone from QVC for just under $80 + free shipping, it comes with a case, home charger, car charger and 1000 minutes that last for 1 year! I will not use that many minutes in a year and it comes out to around $7.30 per month. Oh, it also comes with double minutes for life, so I can get a 60 min. card for $19.99 that lasts for 3 months so it will average out to be about $6.67 per month for 120 minutes for 3 months. I don’t use a cell phone that often so this will work out great for me. It also comes with 5 easy payments.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have straight talk and love it. Moved from NY to AL and had great service. I recommend straight talk to anyone. No more contract for us

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to go with a pre paid phone. At&t is not working well in our area. We were with Alltel and they migrated to Att. If I could get out of my contract without a steep penalty I would do it now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My son brad has had straight talk for about 2 years. My husband I have had mine 4 months so we absolutely love it. NO CONTRACTS.
    We spend $45 a month unlimited talk, text, my phone has a camera, and a video camera on it, plus internet.

If you have not already started using Straight talk, you can keep your same number, also you can have the cost of the card taken out of your account each month without a trip to the store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been away from FV for awhile, thought I'd update. We are still with ATT... the hubby got an iPhone and we are still under contract with it until March 2014. I upgraded last march as well, but with only a year contract. The daughter opted not to renew her contract and is still using her phone. My son uses Straight Talk and raves about it. When the time comes, I may drop the 2 phones from ATT and just let hubby keep it for his iPhone. (which he LOVES)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got one for my son for college. $30 monthly and phone cost $56. Works great

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have straight talk and my service is iffy at best. But from what I hear, it depends on what type of phone you have as to who is your carrier. Sprint is my carrier but my SIL has Verizon as a carrier. I don't know if there is a way to find this out if ordering the phone on line, supposedly if you buy your phone at Walmart they can scan it and find out who the carrier is.

I love the $45 fee but I would love to have better service.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is the cost actually a flat $45.00 per month or are there extra taxes and fees like a regular phone?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is $31.01 including the taxes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast