electric bill down again
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default electric bill down again

So last month I posted that my electric bill went down $82.00. I was happy with that but thought that it could still go down further. I figured that currant usage and the price per kw we should see a bill around $125.00. The new bill came in at $106.00!!!

I know that some people may think that is still high, but not for the 5of us. The bill showed that we used less than 25 kw per day. I hope the trend continues at least for a little while.

We have had a lot of days of rainy weather so I couldn't hang the laundry to dry outside and it was taking forever inside. I hated using the dryer. We have also kept a light on for the chicks constantly, but that is over now. We'll see what happens on the next bill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Homekeepn View Post
    So last month I posted that my electric bill went down $82.00. I was happy with that but thought that it could still go down further. I figured that currant usage and the price per kw we should see a bill around $125.00. The new bill came in at $106.00!!!

I know that some people may think that is still high, but not for the 5of us. The bill showed that we used less than 25 kw per day. I hope the trend continues at least for a little while.

We have had a lot of days of rainy weather so I couldn't hang the laundry to dry outside and it was taking forever inside. I hated using the dryer. We have also kept a light on for the chicks constantly, but that is over now. We'll see what happens on the next bill.
    Wow that is really good!! I have mine down to $80 but that's just myself and my teen who is never home. I can't imagine adding 3 more people and keeping it at only $20 more like you have, wow!

How is the family handling it? Any grumblings? Supportive and nagging at each other to turn off lights?

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are doing really good! Something I need to work on more. This weekend the air is going on for good for the summer months. Hello 250.00 electric bill.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you!!! Keep it up and maybe you can get it down under $100.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is great news! I'm trying to do it at my home too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not a lot of grumbling by the kids, just when its time for ds and girlfriend to do their laundry. She is good about hanging it, but with going to school full time and work part time, she is not around much when it is sunny. She "nags" him to hang it on his days off. He complains about hanging it period. He rather stick it in the dryer.

The other ways of reducing are more behind the scenes. Not too many things are kept plugged in. Chargers are unplugged when done with, microwave is on a powerstrip and that gets turned off, Lights are off unless they are being used. Although I still have issues with some lights and the radio being left on in the garage when ds goes in town for a while.

Dd has been wonderful. She has never been a waster of anything really. Her bf though is here a lot and he and my son are always tinkering on something in the garage or yard. That means lights, radio and power tools.

The biggest helper and now power police is the hubs. He used leave his lights, radio and scanner on in the garage when he came in for dinner usually never going back out to shut them off later. Now he is very careful about turning everything off when he leaves.

Debbie...getting under $100.00 would be awesome. I haven't seen a bill like that in about 10 years. My MIL power bill is about $20, I can't compete with that. She is by herself and goes out to do her laundry. She is also very diligent about shutting off and unplugging.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you! I have gotten slack about our electric usage but I'm going to get back to unplugging, etc. Keep us posted as to your progress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I;ve been really frustrated lately. Our has been in the 260 range all winter... and a 250 dollar propane bill. UGH!
    500ish a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice juan! I'm excited to see our next energy bill to see how low it is. It's so nice to not have to use the heater barely any more

Nice comfortable weather FTW

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~You're doing great! Keep it up and you will see a bill under $100. ~