Your Latest Electric Bill - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

For electric and gas, our budget billing is 164.

We have a new furnace and air conditioner. That has helped decrease the bills significantly, but we have really old windows and that works against us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The last bill I paid was 278.00 It is supposed to adjust this month to 245.00, because our budget was ahead. After this heat I expect a jump in the budget from running the AC so much. I don't quite understand their budget method. I never know what my bill will be. Dh talked to them and they said that is how they do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by khaski View Post
    I'm a little shocked to hear how high everyone's is! We are usually $140-190, and that's with a small machine shop running part time in our garage!
    Personally speaking, our house is 2800 sq ft of living space and all electric. We live in the deep south and I refuse to sweat. I keep our thermostat between 70*-73* at all times. From late March/early April until late October the central air never shuts off and there are at least three fans going. We wash and dry roughly 20 loads of laundry a week, and I do not line dry anything. We keep 3 televisions running 24/7 along with a desktop and up to three laptops. There are also certain rooms that I leave the lights on 24/7. Cutting back on the electric bill is not one of my money saving areas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gas and electric only:

Our bill would have been $250, but we have budget billing. Our actual payment was $186. We have a balance (owed) on our account during the summer months and play catch-up and receive a credit during the winter months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our bill for July was almost $105 bucks, which I thought was still too high. We have alternative energy sources and do not use central air much, or we will have to pay .We did have a light left on a few days in the basement that someone forgot to turn off. Our house is almost 5000 square feet! I love my sunny and windy days- on those days we can use more electricity. I want that electric company to feel the sting of watching us have service for FREE. LOL!!Feels so good to work towards independence from their bondage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    Just over $450 this month
    Quote Originally Posted by lparker View Post
    Granted, I don't use much electric - I think last months was a little less than 1200 Kwh - an actual read that followed an estimate - the bill was $112.
    I'd seriously question your bill and maybe change your supplier.
    ~Polly, you should be able to take advantage of a supplier change. Your electric company won't change, just the company that supplies the electric.
    I switched earlier this year(to Verde and saved $.04 a KWH) and got a $50 check from that company for switching. Depending on the rate from a company I'm calling tomorrow, I may switch again. It takes 5 minutes on the phone or online. This company(IDT) is offering $75 for being a customer for 3 months.
    Lee, your electric is half the price of mine. It's insane here!
    We paid $113 last month for just 662 KWH. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last month my bill for electric, sewer, water, and garbage was $54.00. It might be a little more when it comes in next week because I had the A/C on at times due to the heat and humidity. When it comes in I will let you all know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

our last bill was 260.00 and I know the next one will be a LOT more, it has been so hot here I don't think the ac has shut off in weeks.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mine was over 400.00 and that was with my air sit on 75. I dread it this month. TC

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was so scared to open our bill...but it came in at $135.00. Last year at this time it was just about $200. Don't think we've done anything different. But good news for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lora88 View Post
    It was 315.00 but that is not accurate as it was an estimated bill based on last years usage which was lower. Its been hotter this summer and we now have the pool so the filter is running 400.00 would be closer to the right reading I hate when they estimate the bill as the next month the bill is so much higher. Just installed a gas hot water heater this weekend so that should help with electric costs and have been line drying all the clothes so no dryer use bills are out of control and so is the weather long for some cooler days
    I'm not sure how your power co works, but if they estimate ours they will let us read it and send a corrected bill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess our electric bill is pretty reasonable at $71.65. We don't have air conditioning though, and I don't use the dryer very much. What is NOT reasonable is our water/sewer bills here! Last month it was $138.41 and this month it is a little better at $113.85. For just WATER!!

It's interesting how much utilities vary across the county.

Polly, I know we talked about this in another thread awhile back, but something REALLY does not sound right about your electric bill! Especially w/out using air conditioning, and all the other things you do to cut back. Why would it be that high?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeow.........think with our very mild summer I had best stay out of this discussion...........but you can have the payback this
    winter when I am complaining about the heat bill.

While the rest of you are baking..........we have been very mild........and my gas and elec. was below $50. (I don't line
    dry anything--gas hot water heater---elec. dryer and have a chest freezer) No AC here....but haven't needed it at all this summer.

Now my water bill will be another story........my last one
    was $35 and I thought that was good...........if I can keep
    the next one under $60 that will be good too.......but bet
    that won't happen...........could be $80!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine runs $130 to $160 a month year round. Every month is a disconnect notice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$105 this month, last month was 90 something. 3 bd 2ba house. That includes water, sewer, trash.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast