Your Latest Electric Bill
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your Latest Electric Bill

I guessed 350.00 but came in with a sweet 348.60. Heh

Our bill includes sewer and water in one bill.

Sewer 23.07
    Water 9.34 (how the heck did this happen? It's usually around 15-18 bucks? My yelling at the kids 30 minute showers and my dead garden?)
    Electric 309.60 A very hot hot summer!

The good news is it's going to be payed soon and another high bill next month and it's going way down from there! Hello fall!!

And you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mine was $292. It has never been that high! I am usually between $90-$130. This was a shocker!! I can't wait until the fall!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought mine was going to be $200 for the first time ever because our weather has been extremely hot and we have been using the air alot. It was $148 and I was shocked!!!! AND excited.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our power bills include only electricity, nothing else.

We are on the budget plan and pay $250 a month year around. However, if we were not on the budget plan our bill would have been $415. August is typically our highest usage month, so we haven't hit our peek, yet.
    Last edited by Neeley; 08-07-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm thinking about being on the monthly plan, just to make budgeting this time of year much easier!! Our gas bill is that way.

Yep, I'm sure the next bill will be an even more doozy!

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just over $450 this month

And that's with no air, line drying, unplugging everything and living in a cave. Our usage is down from last year, but our bill is higher? I'm starting to think no one reads our meter anymore and they guess the amount we owe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

July was $150 for us. In south Louisiana. I am SO glad that our house is well insulated! This is also our highest bill for the year to date! I feel lucky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are on budget and pay $178 monthly. Our whole house is electric. We live in the snowbelt, so we have pretty cold winters. Strangely, we have inconsistent, yet, pretty hot summers. We definitely get a break during spring & fall with heating and cooling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was 315.00 but that is not accurate as it was an estimated bill based on last years usage which was lower. Its been hotter this summer and we now have the pool so the filter is running 400.00 would be closer to the right reading I hate when they estimate the bill as the next month the bill is so much higher. Just installed a gas hot water heater this weekend so that should help with electric costs and have been line drying all the clothes so no dryer use bills are out of control and so is the weather long for some cooler days

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Polly - electric hot water and cook stove?? Do you check your meter and compare with the bill?

Granted, I don't use much electric - I think last months was a little less than 1200 Kwh - an actual read that followed an estimate - the bill was $112. This is while running a dehumidifier in the basement 24/7 and a large window AC when the inside temp gets above 84 or so - 80 if the humidity is high.

I'd seriously question your bill and maybe change your supplier.

Lee

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're on a budget plan and normally around this time of year we had been paying 170.00 but I've been line drying and unplugging everything and I keep thermostat at 78 to 79. So for the month of July I'll be paying 116.00.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My bill in July ran $148. I expected more since we are all electric and the a/c has been running alot because of the heat and humidity, but it wasn't too bad, guess living in a small house with lots of shade trees helps lol. I look forward to fall though so I can get it back down again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a little shocked to hear how high everyone's is! We are usually $140-190, and that's with a small machine shop running part time in our garage! One month recently we were over $200, the highest ever, but I think that was because our old fridge was about to 'go' and running constantly. We replaced it, the bill fell by over $60 the next month, even with a 3-4 day heat wave the ac ran full time. My gripe? If there's lot of snow down (we're in NH) they estimate, which is fine...but it seems the last few Dec's they've estimated- using a figure from a Dec. we had a horrific ice storm that left us powerless for 10 days, so the estimate is VERY low, meaning the next month's bill, when they actually get a reading, gets jacked waaaay up. Luckily I'm aware of it and usually pay extra over the estimate, so the next month isn't such a bitter pill to swallow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours was $304 this month...highest it's been since 2009. We have well water so the pump runs as with the water softener. I wasn't prepared for the cost. The kid has been working the last couple weeks so I thought that would suck up part of it.
    Like everyone else August is yet to come and there's not much else to cut..just try to keep from using anymore I guess.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yipes! We get billed every 2 months, and the bill for June/July was 130.00. It is for electricity only, and we have an electric hot water heater.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast