EdenPure Heaters
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default EdenPure Heaters

Well it's starting to get cold here,and every penny counts.

In the past 3 years my electric bill has TRIPLED! Anywho, I came across this product that claims to save you money.

I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with the EdenPure Heater?

And if you have electric heat pump as your primary source of heat like I do has this product actually saved you money on your electric bill?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have one but I have two friends that each have one. They have nothing but good to say about them. They both say it saves them money on their electric bill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I heat with propane so I don't get excited about electric heater claims. But -

I've looked at them...1500 watts is 1500 watts no matter how it's packaged. I'd look around for a quartz infrared heater in the $50 price range...hmmm...I did. Don't use it much because it uses - Ta Da! 1500 watts per hour or on a really cold day for 24 hours = 36 Kwh - say, times 30 for a cold month - 1,080 Kwh which for me would be a little more than $110. My electric bill is generally around $70/month or less average for the year. And I like it like that. (I live near Buffalo, NY)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one from Walmart.com that is the same thing as the Eden Pure for alot less money.I paid $199 for it.And yes 1500 watts is 1500 watts.Mine does turn down to only use 600 watts which is what I always turn it to when I use it.It will only heat one small room and I'm still cold so they are not that great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a heater like it...used it a few hrs per day a couple weeks last month...and after getting the bill unplugged it...not a wise investment for 399.99. But it is handy to have in the family room downstairs...so when it is super cold using it once in a while is fine...but long term heater, no.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You would do better to improve the insulation in your attic, upgrade your central A/C and furnace, upgrade your windows, put insulation around doors, etc. You can start off doing small inexpensive things and work your way up to the more expensive things. I have been working on all of this since we bought our home 4 years ago. My electricity/natural gas usage has gone down every year do to these improvements.

I do have two small ceramic heaters that I purchased over 5 years ago for $19.99 total. We use one in the bathroom on the mornings that we shower and I use one in my office (that is where I spend most of my day). That allows us to turn the thermostat lower.