Frugal Village Forums banner

What's life like without a land line

Tags
land life line
5K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  LBKB 
#1 ·
I think I have some irrational fears or something. LOL We have tons of roll over minutes, unlimited texting, lots of friends have at@t like we do, so it's free minutes. The teens mostly text anyway.

If I drop my land line I could save around 30ish a month. The net would be 40.00 plus tax.

What do I do when I drop my cell in the couch cushion and have no land line to call to hear where it's at? LOL

TIA

#31 ·
My biggest problem with the cell isn't losing it, it's getting it wet. We've had 2 phones get destroyed by going through the laundry accidentally. DH recently destroyed a phone when he feel into water at work with the phone on his hip. I destroyed one last summer when I rolled my jetski repeatedly and had my cell phone in it. (Yes, usually I bag it, but I had NEVER rolled the thing before, so I figured it wasn't worth the effort. Go figure, the ONE time I don't bag my phone.... LOL!)

To combat this, everytime we have ever gotten a new phone, we keep the old one if it still works. Then if we destroy one, there's a back up that we can have activated and are not without a phone until we can get a replacement. Then I'll go on ebay to pick up another phone. Right now I'm using a phone that was DH's several years ago with a nasty cracked screen and NO features except calling; I still haven't gotten around to replacing the one that was in the jetski.

#32 ·
We went to just cell phones (loved it, no solicitations and paying always increasing wacky taxes) in our old house, now living in the Adirondack Mountains cell phone coverage is really bad.
If you misplace your phone, go talk to your next door neighbor ( hope you talk to your neighbors, sad to see many people don't) and ask them to give you a call. ;)

Reactions: Libby
#34 ·
Good idea about the neighbors, but they all work during the day. Except the retired highway patrol guy next door and his wife that has cancer..wouldn't bother them for something like that, but friends with all of them. I like it that way. :) We all watch out for each other.

Phone is getting cut in Jan.

#35 ·
I've not had a landline in about 4 or 5 yrs. all i have is a data line so i can get calls coming in but none going out. I have two cell's (one my mom has the number to the other she does not)- the house cell is for emergencies (like ds needing chocolate milk while i'm shopping for food, or dd to see if her friend can come over) lol

#37 ·
Would so love to do this but I have a question? Att told me I had to have a land line if I wanted to still have internet service. Our youngest is a sr in high school and needs internet for homework. What do you do for internet sevice if you drop land line?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.