What's life like without a land line - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My biggest problem with the cell isn't losing it, it's getting it wet. We've had 2 phones get destroyed by going through the laundry accidentally. DH recently destroyed a phone when he feel into water at work with the phone on his hip. I destroyed one last summer when I rolled my jetski repeatedly and had my cell phone in it. (Yes, usually I bag it, but I had NEVER rolled the thing before, so I figured it wasn't worth the effort. Go figure, the ONE time I don't bag my phone.... LOL!)

To combat this, everytime we have ever gotten a new phone, we keep the old one if it still works. Then if we destroy one, there's a back up that we can have activated and are not without a phone until we can get a replacement. Then I'll go on ebay to pick up another phone. Right now I'm using a phone that was DH's several years ago with a nasty cracked screen and NO features except calling; I still haven't gotten around to replacing the one that was in the jetski.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went to just cell phones (loved it, no solicitations and paying always increasing wacky taxes) in our old house, now living in the Adirondack Mountains cell phone coverage is really bad.
    If you misplace your phone, go talk to your next door neighbor ( hope you talk to your neighbors, sad to see many people don't) and ask them to give you a call.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We pay 60-70 a month for the land line(long distance, call waiting,voice mail,and something else)...I have a pay-as-you-go cell which is $10.50/month but its like 30 cents a minute if you use it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    We went to just cell phones (loved it, no solicitations and paying always increasing wacky taxes) in our old house, now living in the Adirondack Mountains cell phone coverage is really bad.
    If you misplace your phone, go talk to your next door neighbor ( hope you talk to your neighbors, sad to see many people don't) and ask them to give you a call.
    Good idea about the neighbors, but they all work during the day. Except the retired highway patrol guy next door and his wife that has cancer..wouldn't bother them for something like that, but friends with all of them. I like it that way. We all watch out for each other.

Phone is getting cut in Jan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've not had a landline in about 4 or 5 yrs. all i have is a data line so i can get calls coming in but none going out. I have two cell's (one my mom has the number to the other she does not)- the house cell is for emergencies (like ds needing chocolate milk while i'm shopping for food, or dd to see if her friend can come over) lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought a holster for my Motorola flip phone. It's just a plastic holder with a large clip so I can wear it or clip it to the outside of my purse.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Would so love to do this but I have a question? Att told me I had to have a land line if I wanted to still have internet service. Our youngest is a sr in high school and needs internet for homework. What do you do for internet sevice if you drop land line?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123