Electricity Bill?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Electricity Bill?

I try really hard not to waste electricity, no one is home from about 8:30AM till 4:00PM during the week which helps. My electricity usage bill is only $21.72 monthly but there is a charge on here for $27.36 for Standard offer service. That's more then what I use for electricity. What is that?
    Last edited by Stacia; 02-10-2012 at 01:21 PM.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My guess is that it is a monthly service charge for making electric service available to your home.

I would verify that with your service provider.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    My guess is that it is a monthly service charge for making electric service available to your home.

I would verify that with your service provider.
    It states it's for people who did not chose their own electricity supplier. I did not know we had that option.

Okay I guess it's a good thing. I just found this article on-line. http://bangordailynews.com/2011/01/1...tandard-offer/

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default i live in maine to....

and as far as i know there are two main suppliers for the state unless things have changed....I cant imagine having an electric bill at $50....we use over $200 a mmonth...the company we have to use charges one is the electricity and one is to supply it to you...

QUOTE=Stacia;1615376]I try really hard not to waste electricity, no one is home from about 8:30AM till 4:00PM during the week which helps. My electricity usage bill is only $21.72 monthly but there is a charge on here for $27.36 for Standard offer service. That's more then what I use for electricity. What is that?[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by alotofgooddeals View Post
    and as far as i know there are two main suppliers for the state unless things have changed....I cant imagine having an electric bill at $50....we use over $200 a mmonth...the company we have to use charges one is the electricity and one is to supply it to you...

QUOTE=Stacia;1615376]I try really hard not to waste electricity, no one is home from about 8:30AM till 4:00PM during the week which helps. My electricity usage bill is only $21.72 monthly but there is a charge on here for $27.36 for Standard offer service. That's more then what I use for electricity. What is that?
    [/QUOTE]

I live in an apartment, no washer and dryer, no dishwasher, I have a coffee maker which I use on the weekends. I cook most my meals in the crock pot instead of the stove and use 40 watt light bulbs. I really don't watch much TV, only for a couple hours at night and on the weekends. My kids don't watch much TV either although my son has his PS3 on a lot. When I leave in the morning I make sure everything is off. My bill is usually right around $50.00 total.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I pay about $8.00 a month for Netflix live streaming. (Instead of $70.00 a month for cable)

$50.00 for electricity

And my phone and DSL are about $80.00 a month. But i'm going to buy the Magic Jack Plus and cut out the land line phone. So It will be about $50 a month for just DSL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

our bill is around $30 a month - the only big electric things we have is fridge and freezer. Again, we have a $10 "monthly charge" that you have to pay even if you use NO electricity.

Before you get Magic Jack, look into using Google Voice. - it is totally FREE to US and Canada. No monthly fees, nothing. And you get a separate phone number to use if you want to be anonymous, like in classified ads.

We have not had long distance service for years now, all we use is GV.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default love love love how determined you are...

i love reading about peoples determination...it give me motivation that i so need.///

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by josantoro View Post
    our bill is around $30 a month - the only big electric things we have is fridge and freezer. Again, we have a $10 "monthly charge" that you have to pay even if you use NO electricity.

Before you get Magic Jack, look into using Google Voice. - it is totally FREE to US and Canada. No monthly fees, nothing. And you get a separate phone number to use if you want to be anonymous, like in classified ads.

We have not had long distance service for years now, all we use is GV.
    I will look it up now, thanks so much!