There goes my water bill!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default There goes my water bill!

And electric bill for that matter.Let's see since Wednesday I've washed 20 loads of laundry in hot water and dried them all.And I still have about 20 more to go.Why?Lauren and Cannon got lice!!!! I was mortified.Not only did I have to strip all the beds,wash comforters,pillows,vaccum furniture all carpeted areas and bag all stuffed animal,barbies and toys with any kind of hair or clothes(10 bags full).I also had to take down every item of clothing in our closets(4 of us)every item of clothing out of our drawers,blankets,sleeping bags(lauren had a slumber party 2 weeks ago)backpacks,coats you name it its getting washed in hot water and getting dried.I don't care how frugal I am.I am getting rid (ha)off them all!

Oh and I also spent 10 hrs going threw Lauren's hair wednesday night and thursday.Cannon got scalped cause there was no way he was goin to let me pick threw his head for hours.

Anywho,good thing we did our taxes cause I bet my water bill will be atleast $50(usualy $15)and our power atleast $150 (usually under $100)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I know how you feel. Dakota ended up with it last year during baseball season. I think he must have caught it from sharing baseball batting helmets! I told him never, ever do that again!! I stripped everything down too and washed and cleaned. That is the only episode I have ever had to deal with and hopefully the last!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh no! Amanda...at our school, a teacher told us that her kids had lice 2 years in a row. She told that she was informed by a nurse, that she could also put the clothes the toys in a tightly closed plastic bag for 24 hours. She put it out on her balcony for 48 hours, to be sure, then she washed the clothes in hot water, too to be even more safe. This way the lice and the eggs die for sure...they have no air and no place to jump on to...

I hope I never get this problem here...(crossing my fingers)...can you imagine we're 6 here!...Imagine all the trouble....

Good luck Amanda in getting rid of those nasty things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there! When there was an outbreak at dd's school, I added pure tea tree oil (just a bit) to her shampoo and we did not get the lice (knock on wood). To this day, I still add it to every bottle of shampoo we get. I've also heard that coconut oil and olive oil are good to put on their hair to smother the lice. I can only imagine how frustrated you are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually a good way to prevent it is to keep your hair dirty.By blowdrying,putting in leave in conditioner mouse hairspray.Lice love clean hair.They cannot stick to dirty hair.Also lice cannot jump they crawl.There is no telling where she got it,from the movies,trying on hats at party city,school or her slumber party.None of the other kids in her class have it,yet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm soory Amanda, I know the expence, hassle and work involved.... Tea tree oil does work ! We buy it Walgreens for about $3.00 and it lasts for over a month.... You can make a sashet and add tea tree oil and put it in their coat jacket (If they use one at school ) or do like pat said and add it to the shampoo.... It really does keep them away !
    Make a light spray of it and spray coats with it between washings too ! They can't tolerate it ! {{{HUGS}}}}}

BTW... you will have to treat them again in a week ........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It may not be necessary to say this but I'm going to anyway...Even if you don't think something will have an effect...clean it...spray the matresses, furniture and carpet CLEAN AND VACUUM AND BAG EVERYTHING!!! DO NOT miss a nook or crany!

It is by far and away cheaper to do it one time and then repeat the hair treatment-- than to have to repeat the entire proceedure 2 even 3 times!

hugs!!