Great Wolf Lodge - mini vacation
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Great Wolf Lodge - mini vacation

We are headed out in a couple of hours. We aren't going far, only 2 hours from the house. With the price of gas, we didn't want to spend all the vacation money on gas, so we chose to go to Grapevine, TX (outside of Dallas) to visit the Great Wolf Lodge. We have never been before because it just opened a few months ago, so this will be something new to us. It looks fun. Here is the link www.GreatWolf.com/Grapevine

I was able to find a code online where we ended up with a great deal. I just hope the family has a great time at the built-in water park.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a good time, I think we have one in our state of Ohio.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

your link did not work. Here's the correct one http://www.greatwolf.com/Locations/Grapevine/

HAVE FUN!
    ~Russ

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a great time!!!! Sounds like alot of fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like fun. Hope you guys have a blast! Be safe!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are doing the same thing this summer (after we fly back form Washington, since we are flying into Kansas City, we are going to stay 2 nights and do the indoor waterpark thing too)

ps - yes I am on vacation with ALL my family (kids, hubby, brothers family and parents right now and they are either golfing - guys, or sleeping-everyone else) - it's going great, having lots of fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope you have a wonderful time, Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Have a wonderful time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

make sure you post how it was!!! I was looking at the grapevine one also its just a few hrs for me too....lol I seen the price per nite is kinda high right now so we were looking at waiting till sept or so. Also would love to know what the price of food was or if anything like that is included in the price!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My best friend and her husband took their 5 kids for a couple of days last month and they loved it. She said it was great and the location was terrific.

Have a great mini vacation .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went to one in PA and really enjoyed it. THey even have a bedtime story hour for the kids with the wolf at night.

enjoy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mcphlips View Post
    We went to one in PA and really enjoyed it. THey even have a bedtime story hour for the kids with the wolf at night.

enjoy!
    They have that here too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcphlips View Post

enjoy!
    I am adding this to my "visit someday" list. It's the closest one to us, I think

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23boys View Post
    rcannon, thanks for fixing the link.

The Great Wolf Lodge is a wonderful place to be if you have children. They will have a blast. The boys love it, eventhough they are teens. There is a lot for the younger children to do. You have to ride the tornado family ride. OMG! That thing scared me!! It started out dark, dark, dark!! We couldn't see each other in the raft and then all of a sudden there is light at the end of the tunnel and you are falling right into the tornado. The fall is what got me cause it is unexpected because of the darkness, but it is so much fun!! There is so much to do there. There is magiquest, a game where you purchase a wand to make little animations happen in the lodge, an arcade, an internet-type room for teens, a spa (didn't check into it, so don't know the prices), story hour for the children, and so much more! The buffet is high! It is 19.99 for adults for lunch/dinner and 13.99 for breakfast. We ate at pizza hut for dinner. You can pick up the pizza and take it back to your room. For breakfast, we are using a Starbucks gift card we got for free. We all like Starbucks so it works out great! There are mini fridges and microwaves in the room, so you can take food and drinks in your room. I recommend getting the room key bracelet. They do not cost anything unless you lose one. You do not have to worry about carrying a key around with you because your bracelet that you have to wear anyway to get into the waterpark can unlock your room for you. The gift store prices are outrageous!! Buy items before you get there - do not buy them there!! If you want a hamburger, buy it in the waterpark. They are only $4.50 there, but at the bar and grill they are $7.50. The atmosphere is wonderful!! I love the decor.

We thought it was very expensive for one night too, but I found a coupon code at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/greatwolflodge.com and it brought the price way down per night. I used the code heros and it worked for us. I tried everyone of the codes listed on the site to see which worked and which gave us the better deal.

Another great thing about Great Wolf Lodge is that the waterpark is indoors (has an outdoor section too) and today it rained and had lightening and we could still swim in the indoor portion!!

thanks so much for the update, we seen this advertised on the tv and so i checked out the website, grapevine is closest for me too and my kids are smaller they are 10 and 7 so i thought this would be fun for them. thanks again I think i will start saving money for it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Michelle for posting about this. The Grapevine one is about 2 hours away from us also, and I had seen it advertised and was wondering if it was worth the money. It sounds like my 9 year old would have a BLAST!!

I think we will have to look into a mini vacation there.