Ft. Meyers on the cheap?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Ft. Meyers on the cheap?

Would love some of your great advice here! You all have such wonderful suggestions.

We're headed to Florida this summer, Ft. Meyers/Sanibel Island. About 4/5 days. Renting a friends trailer (not a travel trailer). We'll have a full kitchen & a bbq grill. My aim is to cut down on food costs by eating as many meals as we can at the trailer. Packing picnics to take to the beach. I'm not sure what types of appliances are in the kitchen, I'd have to ask. But I'm not apposed to bringing my crockpot with me. (I've done it before.) We're driving down from Chicago.

We plan on spending our days at the beach. Nature activities. Some kayaking perhaps. Snorkeling if possible.

If anyone is familiar with the area, I'd love some suggestions on where to shop for food/fresh produce. We eat a whole foods diet - no packaged foods. Ideas on things to do down there.

Ideas to help save money are most welcomed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would pack cheese, crackers, nuts, make cookies/brownies/etc, fruit, bake a ham-slice & take for sandwiches. We eat from the camper when we're on the road & take our own drinks. I don't know the area, but I'm sure there's stores every where. Will you have a freezer/frig? Make food ahead of time & freeze. Taco meat, sloppyjoes, cooked chicken legs, cooked turkey legs. I made kebob's-chicken, pineapple, onion & gr pepper-delish. Rice with seasonings in plastic container-ready to cook. Don't forget -peanut butter. I never want to do a lot of cooking when camping--just remember simple & easy clean up & & Be Prepared! (flashlights, duct tape, batteries, ice pak, disposable gloves (for hooking up sewer line), oh gosh I could go on & on. Enjoy!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I assume you are going to the Fort Myers Beach and not Fort Myers (close to downtown)... Its my second home and want to be sure before I give my 2 cents.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to double check that. We're renting a mobile home type trailer - I want to say beach because the owner said something about taking his lawn chairs to the beach.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you're renting a mobile home-forget half the crap I posted above, but, still ENJOY!!!