What's the weirdest thing you've seen while on vacation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was on a business trip, not a vacation, but anyway, opened up the hotel room's door and walked in on an overweight fellow, curly hair probably permed, dancing around the room in his red jockey shorts. I shut the door and RAN for the elevator!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And when I was in Brazil, I was very interested to see these little white buildings with big ears of corn, complete with tassels, on top of them. When I asked about it, we pulled in. It is their equivalent of Dairy Queen - we bought ice cream cones, with the ice cream made from fresh sweet corn. Delicious.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by starsapphire View Post
    Oh wow - this reminded me. Totally forgot. Years ago, I had to commute for a few months on this country back road. I was carpooling with a co-worker and we passed by, um, yeah. Two men and a woman. Right on the side of the road. On the trunk of their car. You get my drift.
    The phrase "severe retinal damage" comes to mind.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

driving on 1-10 in Florida... a boat came of the trailer and splintered in the road in front of us. Had to swerve just to miss the boat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was just thinking about this again and remembered.
    Every summer we went UP North.
    Every summer w/o fail as we were driving down the highway w/ endless woods on either side, I would always see a long-haired bearded scary looking man walking down road w/ a gunny sack w/ something in it. It was never the same sack,never the same guy. We all fiqured it was road kill in the sack. We all laughed about once we were well passed the guy.
    WE made up a story that there were a buch of them in the deep woods sitting around individual campfires each w/ a diff. pot of nasties.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's a crazy world out there folks! Thanks for sharing your stories, I'm laughing at some, cringing at others and just enjoying them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess the one trip I will never forget was my first time to Mardi Gras. Oh my, saw things this ole country girl had never seen before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went to Germany for a work/vacation trip and saw many things that we considered out of the ordinary, but I guess were pretty normal expect...a bunch of guys out on a bachelor/stag party. They had dressed the groom in a dog costume and put a leash on him. They were dragging him from pub to pub and making him drink his beer from a dog bowl. Not ordinary, but very funny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to Washington DC a few years back and saw a very old couple making out on the stairs to the statue of Abe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Many things while walking in Time Square, but mostly people..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A tanned-to-leather, at least 300 pound woman lumbering along a Florida beach in a tiny bikini. Scary!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was while I was in China......and wasn't 'funny ha ha'...just a 'normal custom' that took some getting used to........in fact, I never did.

this was a few years ago (when the Brits still had it).......so don't know if it has changed much..........

China children don't wear diapers. Which means that some of the mothers you sit by on the bus can smell pretty rank!

Also.....they let their kids just pee ANYWHERE. I was 'trying' to talk to a guy and his son had to pee.......so he did.....right there. I had to put on a real poker face!

When you ride the trains and go to the bathroom.......it just goes right down on the tracks! No need to flush!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm living in Denmark and it still sort of feels like being on vacation so I hope this counts...

The other morning I was looking out the windows towards the street during my morning workout and I saw a tattooed man walk by wearing cargo shorts, a tank top, and Barbie-pink Crocs clogs!!!

I wanted to take a photo, but thought better of it since he'd know where I live...lol!

My friend told me a story about visiting Brandenburg Gate in Berlin with his Dad in the early 90's and for some reason his Dad decided to strip down and sunbathe in a leopard print Speedo. That must've been a sight!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Every year when we go on our vacation to Disney we see so many people wearing such odd clothing combinations that we now take pictures of them. We made a scrapbook and call it "What the Heck Were You Thinking When You Woke Up This Morning and Got Dressed? Oh Wait...You WEREN'T Thinking."

On our trip this past Christmas we took over 200 pictures of really bad outfits in 9 days. One of the worst was a 40-something lady with flaming red hair in a red sequence mini skirt; pink and white striped knee socks; blue, green, turquoise and mauve striped sweater and the ugliest pair of Mary Jane-like shoes that were ever made.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pat in east texas View Post
    A tanned-to-leather, at least 300 pound woman lumbering along a Florida beach in a tiny bikini. Scary!!
    Oh my!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast