DH and I are taking a mini vacation! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AnW819 View Post
    We both play in 2 poker leagues which once a week a whole bunch of people meet up and play poker for free. Every 3 months if you beat everyone you get a $100 voucher to play in an AC tournament.

Well, guess who won that? Me! Yep So DH and I will both play in a $50 tournament. 1st place is around $400

Now I am confused???...
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Why should I put it off? because of money? If so, my trip is paid for but food, and its only dinner, and I have a coupon for it. I won $100 for a tournament; in a poker league I play in. I don't see why I should put it off? Maybe you are thinking AC is a far drive? It only takes us 30 minutes max to get there.
    30 minutes is still quite a bit of gas and $18 is still a lot for two people to eat. And can you really say you're not going to buy anything on the way there or back? You can't afford it! You're not only broke, you're poor. See if you can sell it to someone else for $50. Or save it to celebrate when you get your own place.

Emergency Fund: $0/1000
    Get move out fund: $0/2000
    Get vet fund: $100/300
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now I am confused???...
    Stop trying to guess my motivation for posting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    30 minutes is still quite a bit of gas and $18 is still a lot for two people to eat. And can you really say you're not going to buy anything on the way there or back? You can't afford it! You're not only broke, you're poor. See if you can sell it to someone else for $50. Or save it to celebrate when you get your own place.
    $18 is a lot for two people do go out to eat?? Seriously? Not here in NJ!! And what would I buy on the way there or back? Check in is at 4, check out is at 9. I can't sell it to someone else. Doesn't work that way. Either I use it or, I don't. And I do intend to use it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    Stop trying to guess my motivation for posting.
    Huh?

(filler)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$18 is a lot for two people do go out to eat?? Seriously? Not here in NJ!! And what would I buy on the way there or back? Check in is at 4, check out is at 9. I can't sell it to someone else. Doesn't work that way. Either I use it or, I don't. And I do intend to use it.
    Okey dokey. Well like I've said before, Ashley, you may as well just accept your fate and get comfortable where you are.

I didn't say that $18 is a lot for two people to go out to eat. I said it was a lot for two people to eat. I can feed all 5 of us here for less than half that. You are POOR. You are living with family that you can't stand. Your husband can't stand your dad and it's probably part of the reason your marriage sucks right now. All you do is complain about how horrible it is to live with your dad.

If you are not miserable enough to not go on this trip, then get comfortable because you're not miserable enough to change your situation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, and my signiture, its not updated. There is no more vet fund. The cats have to go to the shelter. The move out fund is $300 because we are going to DH's dads, and my EF is $400 as of today, and $450 as of tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, and my signiture, its not updated. There is no more vet fund. The cats have to go to the shelter. The move out fund is $300 because we are going to DH's dads, and my EF is $400 as of today, and $450 as of tomorrow.
    Are you still living with your dad?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, til I get the kitties in a shelter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're going to move in with your husband's dad? You think that's going to work out?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're going to move in with your husband's dad? You think that's going to work out?
    Its his dads house and the explaination is another story. I don't get it. Everyone says get out of my dads ASAP, so we are going to, we find a solution, something that will help for a bit, and its still not good.

I just don't even know what to post anymore.

I guess im done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its his dads house and the explaination is another story. I don't get it. Everyone says get out of my dads ASAP, so we are going to, we find a solution, something that will help for a bit, and its still not good.

I just don't even know what to post anymore.

I guess im done.
    Getting out of one parent's house and in with another isn't a solution. Your marriage is on the rocks as it is. What happens if it takes a turn for the worse? You still think you're going to live with your husband's dad?

You need to learn to be an independent person. And your husband needs to feel like a man and a husband and not a teenager. Do you think living with your dad has something to do with his crappy attitude? I'm sure my husband would feel like a failure if we had to live with our parents. Do yourself and your husband and your marriage a favor and refuse to accept that kind of arrangement.

I promise you, after a few days of living with his dad, you're going to be just as unhappy with him as you were with your dad. That's just how it is. Take it from me. Been there, done that.

Skip the trip. Save your money and get an apartment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

if her husband feels like a failure thats his fault not hers.. if he doesnt like where he is living he should man up and find/make a solution..

i dont post much because i fell ash is wasting her time in a hopeless cause..i wouldhave left his sorry ass long time ago..

im not trying to hurt u ash but u can and should do a lot better on your own..i will be hard but u can do it..i hubby cant stand your father he should be there..if he has not where to go, oh well too bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh i need to learn how to type..too any errors..it should say, it will be hard and if hubby cant stand your father he should not be there..

if i lived closer (im in central nj) i would pick u up and get u out of the house..we could browse barnes and nobel ect.. anything free.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

<Wearing my flame retardart suit> I have to ask is gambling considered a 'sin'? Not to do the whole religion debate on here. I just find your other posts quite interesting and you mention your faith.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast