DH and I are taking a mini vacation! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    Nobody said you were.
    Yeah I edited my post, I didn't want it to come off like you were saying I was, because I know you werent. Or were you??? Hahah! j/p.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really hope this new move works out for you, Ashley. I still think it's a better idea to save money and get your own place, though.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    I really hope this new move works out for you, Ashley. I still think it's a better idea to save money and get your own place, though.
    So you think rushing; being I only have 3 months to try to find a place, with an evition, and a $800 rent (total needed at min to move into an apartment with 1st and last months rent and security: $2400), and a new job, sounds like a good idea?? I really just don't follow.
    Last edited by AnW819; 12-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AnW819 View Post
    So you think rushing; being I only have 3 months to try to find a place, with an evition, and a $800 rent (total needed at min to move into an apartment with 1st and last months rent and security: $2400), and a new job, sounds like a good idea?? I really don't follow.
    Just forget it Ashley. Go ahead and keep doing what you're doing. Obviously you're the expert on making good decisions, after all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, okay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

$100 --check
    Mini-vacation --check
    Living under dad's roof with stress --check
    Planning to move in with DH's dad ---check

Having a good sense of priorities --priceless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't get it!!! What am I doing wrong here?? can someone please tell me??

You all think I need to get out of dads asap. I find a solution til I can get my own place. No, thats not good.

I let people walk all over me, so I tell dad how I feel. Some say good, others say, no you shouldn't of texted him.

I am just not sure what you all expect me to do? In 3 months, find a new job, rush to find an apartment, move in there, get my ef set up, and work on my marriage?

Sure, maybe its possible, but its not something I WANT TO rush into. I did that this time last year. Where did I end up?? Back at dads.

Yeah, I am trying to be my own person, but I cannot afford to live on my own right now, at this very day, this very time. Nor would I live on my own because I still want to be with DH. I am putting my "big girl panties" on. I worked on a way to get to church, I am study to take my drivers text next week, I am opening my own bank account today with my paycheck.

Why do I feel like the bad person here? Like everything I am doing is wrong???

I almost feel like some of you think I purposly try to mess my life up, and come here and post about it because I enjoy messing my life up.

I am trying, okay?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FWIW, I think getting out of the house with your dad ind into the FIL's is a step in the right direction. If I understand it right you and hubby will be there and FIL is moving into his GF's house...yes? And that a SIL will be with you helping with the rent...yes? Gets you from the stress of Dad, a roof over your head, help with hte bills, with his family nearby...sounds win-win to me. Sure, there will be hiccups and bumps, but it eliminates one of the major stresses and allows you to focus more on the marriage. Yes? Or do I have it all backwards?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AnW819 View Post
    So you think rushing; being I only have 3 months to try to find a place, with an evition, and a $800 rent (total needed at min to move into an apartment with 1st and last months rent and security: $2400), and a new job, sounds like a good idea?? I really just don't follow.
    Ashley, are you intentionally clueless? I mean, do you even try to get out of the bad situations you put yourself in?

Three months is a long time to find a place. And you don't need 2400 to find a place. Even up here, renting a house with a min of 3 bedrooms, we didn't pay that much. There are move in specials all over the place that give you crazy cheap rent that first month. A lot of them don't require last months rent. (I've never moved into a place that did.) And some places will even let you make payments on security deposits. You picked out the absolute worst case scenario and used it as an excellent excuse to get right back into a situation of dependency.

So keep on doing what you're doing. When you come back crying about how you don't get along with the family you live with, I'm sure you'll get lots of cuddles. And when your FIL breaks up with his gf and wants to move back, I'm sure you'll act surprised and scramble to find other arrangements.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    Ashley, are you intentionally clueless? I mean, do you even try to get out of the bad situations you put yourself in?

Three months is a long time to find a place. And you don't need 2400 to find a place. Even up here, renting a house with a min of 3 bedrooms, we didn't pay that much. There are move in specials all over the place that give you crazy cheap rent that first month. A lot of them don't require last months rent. (I've never moved into a place that did.) And some places will even let you make payments on security deposits. You picked out the absolute worst case scenario and used it as an excellent excuse to get right back into a situation of dependency.

So keep on doing what you're doing. When you come back crying about how you don't get along with the family you live with, I'm sure you'll get lots of cuddles. And when your FIL breaks up with his gf and wants to move back, I'm sure you'll act surprised and scramble to find other arrangements.

Is there really a reason you are so rude?? $800 rent IS WHAT IT IS HERE. Actually, that is pretty much the cheapest. One bedrooms are around $900. So lucky you for finding a 3 bedroom house for less than that. I have never been able to find anything cheaper. Don't believe me, then look. South Jersey, or Lansdale, PA. Go ahead.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/apa/

And move in specials? I did mention I have an evition. I can't move into a 'complex'. I have to find someone (an individual) who is willing to rent to us- which I am sure we can find eventually (hopefully).

You act like I make this crap up.

And break up with his GF? They have been together for 8 years. Never lived together because she did not want to move into his 'ex wifes house'. They don't want to get married. Please stop assuming.

And no, 3 months is not a long time. No at all. Thats 6 paychecks for DH. I am still having to pay $650 rent to my dad every month on top of other bills.

But whatever, I am just making this crap up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And move in specials? I did mention I have an evition. I can't move into a 'complex'.
    Speaking as a landlord - how do you know? Have you called every complex in the area and checked? Not *every* complex rejects you outright for having an eviction. They *do* occasionally have real people working there who will hear you out before deciding.

I have to find someone (an individual) who is willing to rent to us.
    This is likely your best bet - but I do sometimes question how much of your absolute knowledge is actually assumption.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    Speaking as a landlord - how do you know? Have you called every complex in the area and checked? Not *every* complex rejects you outright for having an eviction. They *do* occasionally have real people working there who will hear you out before deciding.

This is likely your best bet - but I do sometimes question how much of your absolute knowledge is actually assumption.
    Yes, I did GO to all of them that were close to my job, and some said I can try to fill out the app which was a lot of $ down the drain, and others told me right away, with my bad credit there was no way.

We also checked apartments in areas that were no so great thinknig maybe we could get in there.

I rent on rent.com, and apartments.com- typed in my zip at the time, and wrote down every single one.

This was even BEFORE my evitction.

We got REALLY lucky finding the place we did, because it came down to dad almost having to co-sign for us to get a place. It was really rough. (I wouldnt of had dad co-sign though.)

Its not even about the eviction is about DH and I's bad credit. Its really, really bad. And no apartment is going to be like okay, really bad credit from the both of you, an eviction, Ashley, you work under the table, and Wayne you make okay money, yes, I am going to rent to you.

Not to mention I don't even think we can afford an apartment at this very minute.

I am not assuming.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nishu u h ave no ideal how expensive it is to live in n.j. rent in the gettos is atleast 1000, never mind a good area.. i make (when working) more than ash and her husband and i would have a hard time with rent or a morgage..

ash is doing the right thing for her.. this is really a last ditch effort..if this dont improve at the new house she will have to give up on her hubby and move on with her life..she is trying hard but this r not working out..there is no shame in trying

ash u have to do what is right for u..i would do something different but u r not me..

just keep trying and this will work out..one way or a nother.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by grneyegrl View Post
    nishu u h ave no ideal how expensive it is to live in n.j. rent in the gettos is atleast 1000, never mind a good area.. i make (when working) more than ash and her husband and i would have a hard time with rent or a morgage..

ash is doing the right thing for her.. this is really a last ditch effort..if this dont improve at the new house she will have to give up on her hubby and move on with her life..she is trying hard but this r not working out..there is no shame in trying

ash u have to do what is right for u..i would do something different but u r not me..

just keep trying and this will work out..one way or a nother.
    Thanks =) Is central cheaper or more expensive than south? Never been to central jersey!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think Nishu is from Jersey, or has lived there at one point. IDK.

If it were me in your shoes, this is what I'd do. I would stop all luxuries no matter how small (pop at gas station is a dealbreaker for me, ugh) or large (trips). It's small sacrifice to make in the interim of getting out of your dad's to getting into a place of your OWN even one day sooner.

The thing that I'm concerned with is that you'll take the new living arrangements (Wayne's dad's house) as the solution to the problem, when all it really is a temporary solution to the problem. The problem being of course, is that right now you guys are dependent on someone else for a place to live.

With the maritial problems you are having, it's not going to be ideal to be living with DH's sister. So even when you get into the new house, continue to save and scrimp away to get to your own place.

You are in a rut. Time to break the yoke and get out of the rut. (That reminds me of the old Oregon Trail videogame. Don't get dysentary along the way. )

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast