DH and I are taking a mini vacation! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

as long as it doesn't become a habit.
    ~Russ
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AnW819 View Post
    Thanks all, but again. I am not moving into any apartment right now, nor 3 months from now. I feel that is not the best thing for me to do.

Thanks.
    I agree with you. IMO you should stay with the family living situation for as long as possible to save money. Not just for a EF but what retirement? future savings? I know you're young and I'm guessing retirement isn't one thing you're thinking about right now. The time will come and will you be prepared or will you never be able to retire? Open up a IRA and start contributing to it.
    And your other bills....if you haven't saved a $1k EF fund in a year (I'm a long time lurker) then I'm pretty sure you haven't paid off any of the collection bills.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Anybody who starts a thread is more than welcome to ask for their thread to be locked.
    Russ, you are an awesome Moderator, have good advice and we appreciate you and all who work so hard on the board. I know off topic but wanted to show my appreciation for all the time you put into the board.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just for the record, I was more than happy to wish OP well and be on my way out of this thread, but she all but begged me to continue on with the discussion. And feel free to take a look back at how these posts progressed. All I said was that maybe she should put off a trip until she is in a better position financially and it turned into a load of bs about how it wasn't that much money and how I just don't understand how expensive it is to live up there. (Btw, that's bull too. I've found a home in nearly every corner of the country including Groton, Connecticut and Seattle. I'm quite familiar with high cost of living areas.)

I was more than happy to wish her well and walk away, and she BEGGED to be told what she was doing wrong. To say that she's getting "blasted" is just a little melodramatic.

I'm really amazed that so many of you are going to sit and encourage her to take this trip and to move in with family. I'm pretty sure that if any of you were related to Ashley, she'd be just another "I have this relative" story where someone tells a tale of money management horror that involves a person who lacks priorities and spends their money on silly things just because it's not immediately needed somewhere else.

If Ashley was a friend and we stood by and let her do some of these things without saying something we'd all be crappy people.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just my 2 cents but I think it's time this thread got shut down. Before it causes more harm then good. It's gone past the point of helping now. This is just my personal opinion.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nishu I hope you didn't think I meant you in particular. Ashley has gotten "blasted" with advice that in a few threads. Hence my post and pointing out about putting it all out there in a post , differing opinions and the results posted. I apologize if you felt attacked

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I posted to this thread at the very end. And it was just to say that things sometimes can go bad fast. Or lets say go in a direction you didn't want to go. It could be on any subject. Not just this one. If you start a thread and ask for opinions or what people think you will for sure get them.

Just in general, not even saying that I agree or disagree with your suggestion that she not go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I BEGGED you??? yeah, okay.

Shut it down please.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567