Disney under $1500? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by handerson2005 View Post
    I read somewhere that Disney extended their free dining offer through September 2011, but I can't remember where I read that, but it'd be worth asking if you call to make reservations.
    They have extended the free dining through the end of 2011, but you had to book by December 21, 2010. As of right now, the discounts they are offering are the "Kids Stay and Play Free", the percentage off room rate promotion and the usual PIN codes they give to frequent guests. But, you know how Disney is, once one promotion ends, they introduce another. If they do like they have done in the past, they will bring the free dining offer back later in the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Confirm your timeshare option, it will save a big part of your budget.

Go here for tickets:
    Tickets | Passes | Walt Disney World Resort

Also, check AAA (if you're a member) for Disney World passes. AAA also has an option to check the cost of driving from SC to FL.

I agree with packing your own food for the day and bottled drinks,
    go easy on souvenir money, and you should be fine.

Have a happy trip!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

now imo this is a loaded question...what are you hoping to get out of it? what about the kids? if this is a "true" vacation..who wants to cook and eat all meals in the room? not me. disney is every kids dream come true. we are not fans of the onsite resorts. that is just us. maybe it would work for your family. every family is different. imo - there is no way you can do disney for 2 adults and 2 kids for 1500...imo.

we were just there for thanksgiving. 2 adults and 1 child. we stayed off property and only did 2 parks - AK and SW. we spent well over 1500 (we flew, but, got a good deal on that...for all three of us it was under 1000...we are from ohio and flew out of akron and rented a car VERY cheaply) the park tickets alone will cost 100's and 100's of $$$'s.

we dislike the Disney food. never had anything we liked except for the characer brunch at the contemorary. the coffee on property is awful as is the tea. but, the monorail is a nice plus. parking is an xtra added expense at the parks. some off resort properties have transportation to the parks but you are beholden to them in regards to times, etc.

i wish you and your family the best of luck in getting to disney.

ps - we are HUGE SC fans!!! love the litchfield/pawleys area! we go every summer and just love it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Most def! It was cheapest for us to stay off (and we are military). We got a suite at the Econo Lodge and it had a fridge and a micro as well as the cont. breakfast. We packed empty water bottles to take into the park with us and well as snacks. We left pretty early in the morning, came back to the hotel for lunch, and the hotest part of the day, and then went back in the afternoon. Ate snacks at the park and had a late dinner. We bought nothing at the park, but I'm from Orlando anyway, so I didn't care about having momentos. The hotel also had a shuttle, so we didn't have to pay for parking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We love Disney too. Everyone has given you great advice. I highly recommend staying on property too- the value resorts are as cheap really as any other hotel and cannot be beat for convenience. Take breakfast foods and eat before you leave your hotel room. Take snacks and drinks too and bring them with you to the parks. We had the dining plan and ate at the resorts, but like everyone has said there are ways to share and make it less expensive. Buy souvenirs ahead of time- they sell shirts, etc at the local Walmart or we have bought at the Disney Store on clearance and surprised the kids with them at the park. I would just remind your kids that you will not be buying a bunch of souvenirs or give them a small amount of spending money and save it until the end of your trip so they can really think about what to get. We drive when we go. A lot of people drive all in one day to eliminate an extra hotel night. I'd skip the pictures from the park all together- just take your own camera. Tickets are the hardest part to cut costs. I think for our last trip for a family of 5 we spent about $3000- but we did everything and ate at the nice restaurants. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my little 4-year-old niece started to talk about DisneyWorld, I told her she had to get used to the rides at the fair before her parents would take her to Orlando. I would suggest you do this before spending this much on a trip the 4-year-old will whine and cry through. Also try some shorter roadtrips to get the kids used to long car trips plus stock up on some cheap car games to keep them busy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12