Disney world planning - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure if this will apply since you're in the US but CAA (Cdn version of AAA) offers pkg's & deals that are exclusive to CAA/AAA members only and sometimes better then what's offered by Disney and affiliates etc. Might be worth calling to find out (if this interests you)?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So we have narrowed it down to using an extra week of our timeshare at a beautiful resort in Orlando rather than staying at Disney. We are staying at a resort I stayed at when I was 13 and it's HUGE now and filled with so much to do. That way if we only do 2 days at Disney parks we will still be booked with fun activities all week. Then when we leave there we will drive down to singer island in west palm to hang out at the beach for a week. This is our celebration vacation for getting out of debt and staying that way. It stinks that it is a year and 2 weeks away but I know that will fly by ASAP with a new baby. So anymore disney tips are much appreciated. I am going to dollar general in a few days to pick up some cheap Disney reusable tote bags for the kids. I think I am going to buy all my souveniers before we leave. That seems like a great idea. I also can stock up on Disney gift cards they sell at my grocery store and then we get fuel perks back for buying them. I hope to have $100 in those soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually I decided lastnight that I am going to make my daughters matching Disney dresses for this trip and tote bags. That way they will count as souveniers/new items and they were made by mom. I am hoping to get the sewing machine in the next month. Now to find some cute disney fabric and drawstring tote bag patterns

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh bought me an early birthday present lastnight with super unexpected $. A sewing machine!!!! Made my day. Can't wait to use it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anyone have any favorite restaurants in the Orlando/Disney area that they love?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Or places to avoid?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are you looking for restaurants in the parks or outside of them?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Any that are great finds. We like to try new stuff all the time. I love deals on new stuff too. Lol! I have had some great luck with the other sites on what to plan ahead for saving $ while at the parks and such. Our major downfall is that we will not know where we are staying until a month-45 days before the actual trip. So. A pretty much hoarding $$. We own a rci timeshare and have a bonus week to use for the Disney trip. We have been very lucky to plan ahead and see what resorts we do and don't like ahead of time. I am really hoping for the beach club villas or this one particular timeshare in Kissimmee. Both have watermarks in the resort. The Disney resort of course would be awesome too. I know some people hate timeshares but ours has done wonderful things for us and was very inexpensive. So for $139 for the weeks stay and $189 maintenance fee /year I will gladly stay at a Disney resort for 7 days. Lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The planning is one of the more fun things. It is great that you have so much time to plan every detail.

I think Disney food is completely disgusting and I would avoid it at all costs.

I bought my daughter Disney tshirts to wear every day we were there. I gave them to her when we got down there so it was fun for her to see what tshirt she got each morning. It helped get her out of bed too. I also bought her a matching stuffed animal to go with the shirt each day. So, if she got a tigger shirt, she got a tigger stuffed animal to carry around and throw in her backpack.

Also, my daughter did the lanyards and pin exchange thingy. I ordered them from ebay and she had a blast exchanging pins with Disney employees. If you buy them before you go, you will save $$$

Have a great time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes planning has been so much fun so far. I really hope we stay at a Disney resort b/c I do want to use a dinning plan. Not a big one but the smaller package I think. I don't know much about the pins but I am going to look into it. I already have my dd's treat bags for in the car. Then I have been picking up stuff here and there at yard sales, targets dollar spot ect for souveniers. I do not want to spend anytime shopping if I don't have to. I do know there is a target close but I wonder if there is a close Walmart for groceries. I hope so.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In my effort to walk this baby out. Lol. We went to a community yard sale today. Got some awesome deals on things we did need. Winter coat for daughter $4, 4 Christmas presents (dsgames) $20. 2 Disney barbies $1each (souveniers) an I know I got more but I forget. While we were out we stopped t the bank and store, saw a free concert in the park and walked thru a craft festival. Then we stopped for a late lunch but had a $25 gc so we didn't spend that much. All and all we had a great day but I sure would like to top it off with going into labor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So we have to wait 45 before our actual trip to know which resort we will stay at. That sucks but I know RCI won't have us staying at a super 8 or anything. We have to do this because one of the weeks we have deposited is a bonus week. So I will just be saving up cash from here on out. I am all done with souveniers, t shirts and special outfit type stuff so I am not too upset. It just sucks to not know what resort we will be in. I have joined the dis boards and wow there is so much info over there! Thank you all for your input.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

45 days that is before booking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well we were able to use our bonus weeks a different way and now we know where we are staying. We got 2 units at cypress pointe resort. Nice pool and it's close to the parks so I am not complaining. The price was fantastic so we could not pass it up. Now we are about to get our tickets thru undercover tourist. Anyone ever use them? They are the best price and the reviews are all good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never used Undercover Tourist. On the Disney Discussion forums that I read there are many posts about them and I've never seen a negative thread or comment about them!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast