Which type of Vacationer are you? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

More of #2, although I'm not going to do so much that I'm exhausted. Depending on the vacation, there will probably be some of #1 thrown in as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~A mix of both on a trip. I plan things for us to see and do and may do 2 or 3 things in a day(and with kids that is a pretty big feat, 10 things would be crazy). Then we have planned days on the same trip where we do nothing but hang out and talk/play games/eat/read/use park amenities if available.
    Of course, the see and do stuff I plan is pretty low-key most of the time because that's what I like and what I can tolerate. A hike, visiting a historical site, U-Pick, and specialty shopping are a few things I consider things to see and do as a family. Anything that requires tickets or dressing up would be limited to one thing in a day. So I probably lean very heavily into category 1. I would not be a good Disneyland person. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I prefer to stay home than to go on a vacation but IF I were to go on a vacation, I would choose #2. If I have to leave home, I want to see or do something new.

When our three kids were ages 9, 6 and 3, we went on a 3 week road trip to the west coast. We rented a motor home and took family: DH's parents, my grandma, DH's sister, BIL and their two kids ages 4 and 1. We drove out the southern route and back the northern route. We had each adult pick two things or places they wanted to see and we went to all of the choices! Another of DH's sisters and BIL lived in CA and also two of Grandma's nieces which we visited also. It was a packed trip and I had planned it down to the minute. We were never more than 30 minutes off my itinerary until we passed South Dakota coming home. SIL and BIL keep saying we need to do that again but I'm not ready for that!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For me, it really depends on where I'm going. For example, I've never been to Europe. If I somehow was able to manage a trip to London or France or wherever, I would likely be walking all over the place. However, if I went somewhere like Mexico or the Bahamas, I'd likely just lounge by the beach and the pool.

For a trip to Disney, I do a combination of both. I relax at the hotel in the morning, enjoy the pool and whatever else the hotel has to offer. I take a little nap if necessary, and then I get to the Magic Kingdom around 5pm and walk around until they close, which is often 1am. The crowd is much smaller, the heat isn't as bad, and the wait times are much lower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12