Which type of Vacationer are you?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Which type of Vacationer are you?

do you prefer to :
    1. relax & stay in the hotel room a lot, lounge by the pool
    or..
    2. go sightseeing, walk as much as you can until you're super exhausted visiting 6-10 places in a day cramming your itinerary?

I'm definetely number 1! My daily life is already hectic with long work hours & long commuting
    the last thing I need on a vacation is to jampack my itinerary forcing myself to see 10 places in one day.
    I prefer to relax in the room, order room service or lounge by the pool & go to a nearby walking distance restaurant to catch a bite.

which type are you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am one who like to go sight seeing not one who like to stay in room very long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That second type was stated a little negatively... it's a loaded question.

I like to see things when on vacation, we generally go camping and include riding, hiking, kayaking etc. It isn't a case of 'cramming everything in' but a case of getting some variety and having new experiences.

I do see people who walk (or more often drive) to some 'sight', dash out, grab a pic, and run off to the next item. That's definitely not for me, and I love a day or two lazing on a beach or in a park - but like to do active things too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm definitely the #2 type! I'm on vacations after all! I want to see everything the city has to offer.

In June we met my entire family in Myrtle Beach. I loved being with my family and had loads of fun. But I realized I'm not a beach person! After an hour of sitting and looking at the ocean, I was ready to move on and do something else. I need to plan better for next time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't imagine going somewhere like Yellowstone or the Black Hills and just sitting around the trailer not seeing things. There wouldn't be much point in leaving home and spending all that money on gas and campsite fees to sit and do nothing and see nothing. We can stay home for free and do that.

Then again, we live on a 2,500 acre lake where it's quiet and peaceful and relaxation is as close as our nearest chair. I suppose if we didn't live in a nice place with a nice house and spectacular view in a vacation paradise, I might feel differently.

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can relax at home....on vacation, I like to see as many things as possible! We generally go, go, go until we're flat out exhausted. If we need to, we'll take a day off in the middle to recover, but yeah, generally we go like maniacs and love every minute of it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am a #2 type vacationer but we do not cram our itinerary or exhaust ourselves. I have a plan but it is not strictly followed, it is a guide so that time is not wasted doing nothing. We do stop and rest throughout the day. We often find a park to have our lunches.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do the same, KimB. We work out an itinerary of things we want to see and do. Otherwise, it wastes time and money and we miss out on too much. We do plan in some down time. One of our most favorite vacation memories was the day we pulled into Yellowstone, set up camp just ahead of a rain shower, and then laid in bed for an afternoon of listening to the rain on the roof of the camper, resting up from all the driving we'd one the days before that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We camp. So we sit around the fire at night,we visit small towns and mom and pop restaurants by the day.We arent the type to go to a city and see a vegas show or go dancing and bar hopping all night though.
    Our idea of a good time is to visit the local craft store,walk on the lake,eat local hm pie,cook on the motel grill,fish,make cob corn on the fire.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We also camp a lot and love to explore wherever we might me. Even when we do vacations where we stay in hotels we like to see as much as we can. I tend to plan big but we do what we can and don't sweat it if we don't get to everything!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Definitely

2. go sightseeing, walk as much as you can until you're super exhausted visiting 6-10 places in a day cramming your itinerary?

If I wanted to lay around inside I could do that at home for free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sort of a mix. I love the ocean and love taking long walks on the beach and swimming in the warm water. I also enjoy seeing what the locals do. I'm not one for group tours. When I go to a new place I ask people who live there where they eat. In past days, when I was able to be more active, I usually did things like scuba, parasailing, surfing, biking, and hiking. I was very active and took advantage of all nature had to offer. The other thing is that I like nice hotels with great service. Some of my best vacations have been at health SPAs.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

#2 but it doesnt leave us exhausted at all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I'm a #2 as well. But I slow the pace a bit. We plan ahead what we're going to do, but leave room for plenty of down time and for changes in plans. Things are never what they appear to be. Once on the ground in the real town/city, things are different and we might find more interesting things to do.

I'm the type that likes the art galleries, live theatre, symphony, etc. A culture vulture. Hubby does not. Nor do either of us do pubs, bars, dances, and that sort of thing. I would not have the stamina. Hubby is a #1 type of vacationer. He likes to lay around and read and write on his laptop.

The other way I like to vacation is by camping. But that has been ruled out since hubby and I have back problems and gave away our tent.

Our solution to this conundrum of vacation styles is to take separate vacations with family members and friends, or to build in a lot of flexibility so I can do my thing while he hangs out at the hotel doing nothing. I try to make sure we visit family and friends or take them with us, as I hate to do things alone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am defo number 2. Vacation is to explore places we visit. So we should use our time wisely to explore. I usually left my hotel very early and went back very late at night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast