Tip for those considering Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tip for those considering Walt Disney World

I found that purchasing tickets from the Disney Store is actually cheaper than through AAA. They are $217.00 for 5 day passes through the store, and $223.00 for 5 day through AAA. (These are adult 9 y.o. and up prices)

Also, if you are in or around Delaware like I am, there is NO SALES TAX! I'm going to take a "mall trip" with the girls when I get the child tax credit refund. Delaware is less than 30 miles away from me. It will save me over $50.00 in sales tax, much more than my gas to Delaware.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Danielle, great tip! It would save dh and I about $40 after having to pay NY state sales tax! Now to find a Disney Store on the way down in Delaware!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll find you one, Diana! Don't worry!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great tip Danielle.

I've also read that if you have smaller kids, to buy some little trinkets before you get there (without your kids knowing) and when they want something, you've already got them because of the high prices for those little trinkets at Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're right CJ. The price of trinkets at the parades is outrageous! Dh and I wondered how parents could even afford to take thier kids. It is very expensive, but I have to admit I want to go again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This will help you find a Disney store. There is one in Albany.
    http://disney.store.go.com/Images/I-...e_welcome.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually you don't have to go to the Disney store itself.Just call Disney all Park hopper tickets purchased in advance have some sort of discount.Meaning You pay more at the gate.Disney doesn't have and 800 # but you can call 407-WDISNEY for more info.Also call about those priority seating resses too esp for cindy's castle.The only thing about ordering from Disney themselves is there is a $3 shipping fee,But if you order multiple tickets its still $3.Hope this helped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh man almoset forgot CJ's post.Yep it is cheaper,a whole lot cheaper.I make sure I'm the last one out of the room and then leave a gift on their pillow so they get it when they come back.This weekend I went to The disney store and got a ballet princess doll case for $4.49 reg $19.50,buss lightyear bubble gun for bubba for $6.99 reg $14.50.They are having thier semi anual clearance ,I went to disney store online and found ariel sandals for $3.99 but the shipping was $6!I'll wait till i go back to the mall.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a great idea Amanda!

Your children are going to have a great time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I will buy mine from the Disney store in NH (10 min away) since they don't have any sales tax there

I don't know if the pre-bought souvenirs would work with us. My kids aren't big Disney character fans (except for Toy Story), so when they see something they want, they would want what they are seeing right at that particular moment, and not something that I've already picked out back at the room.

Though I will certainly try something along those lines because I won't pay Disney's ridiculous prices for those little things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chelle, I would definitely buy T-shirts and sweatshirts at home. You are looking at a minimum of $30 per sweatshirt on Disney properties. Just pack them in your bag and surprise your girls.

Hats are a must in Florida, the sun is much hotter than up here.

If you stay on Disney properties, each one has a food court type thing. Buy the big reuseable mug 1st thing you get there. They may seem expensive at first (around $6.00 each I think) but after the purchase price all drinks are free, just take your mug with you. These are good for hot or cold drinks and I just washed them out in the room.

Don't over pack! I learned this the hard way. Every Disney property has laundry facilities. You are going to need a break and most are by a pool, so while your children are swimming, throw a load of wash in. Buy your soap, dry bleach and softener at home where it is cheaper, doesn't take up any more room that one small outfit. There are lines to hang up wet bathing suits or air dry items in every bathroom in your room. Just above the tub, a line you pull out and attach to the other side.

As I think of more I'll let you know. Disney is one of my favorite places!! And I don't have kids!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great tips Diana, thank you Please keep them coming.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A must read if you are going to WDW. You don't even have to buy it, go to a Barnes & Nobles grab a drink and sit in the cafe with pen an paper to get all the great tips. It tells you the best times to go to what parks, where to eat, etc.....

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...86853727&itm=1

From the Publisher
    Expert advice from the inside source!
    Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2003, the most respected and well-known name in travel guides, takes readers to and through the world's most popular tourist attraction. Since our guide is the only one that's official, this book includes the most accurate information on prices, changes, and new attractions for 2003. Highlights include the lowdown on Disney's latest blockbuster — Mission: SPACE — as well as a complete listing of all teh attractions that offer the timesaving FastPass option. Also included is an explanation of Priority Seating and tips on how to score a seat in the most popular dining spots. All the information you have come to expect from the world's leading travel guide, including prices, insider tips, valuable coupons, and much more, is here to help you make your stay a magical and memorable one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another thing Chelle, and this is obviously your choice as a parent. It takes a lot of planning and saving (6 months to a year or more) for a Disney World trip. I may not tell my children we were going until 2-4 weeks before hand and after you have done all the leg work of gathering information, then include the children to help plan out your days and nights there. Don't miss the night parades they are fabulous, but that means some down time during the day so everyone (Mom & Dad especially) have the energy to keep going. WDW can be a very exhausting and fun filled vacation!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh believe me, Diana, I won't be telling them until about a week before we're going. We've been saving for 3 yrs--it's been going really slow because of financial problems (pay cuts and unpaid time at my dh's work).

Now that he has a new job that looks to be more stable and is better paying, we are going to start setting money aside for the trip again.

The earliest we'll be able to go would be April 2004, and then the hot months hit, so who knows if we'll even be able to go in 2004 (need to plan around Kathryn's school vacations too).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast