Any Disney tips??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Any Disney tips??

We're heading to Disney in July (I know it'll be HOT!) Anyone have any must-sees, faves to recommend?? Not sure which park we'll be going too....haven't decided yet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It would help to know if you were going to Disneyland or Disney World since things are different in each park. I can give you tips on Disneyland since I have been there. Let me know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been to Disney California .... (Many times)
    Let us know which park..........

First bit of advice tho is "Pace yourself "

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OHhh.....Disney in FL girls. Sorry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I have not been there, but I can give you some general tips that we used to save money at the other Mouse Park!
    Take in bottled water for each member of your group and refill your bottle while in the park. Food and drink items are expensive there!
    Use the Fast Pass system for popular rides. Go and get your passes first thing when the park opens and go back to those rides later so you don't have to wait in long lines.
    Look into renting a condo close to the park so you can do your own cooking. It can be way cheaper than staying on property especially if you have a larger family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just went to Disney in FL in April. Had a great, but exhausting time. I ditto the water bottle and pacing yourself. We did Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM and Blizzard Beach and were only there 5 days, 4 nights. It about killed us. My dd is 10 and she was not that thrilled with Epcot's future world but liked the section on the countries okay. If I went again and had to miss one park it would be Epcot. Go early and then try to rest in the hot part of the day and then go back in the evenings if possible. Drink lots of water and rest every chance you can. Wear really comfortable clothes and don't bother with nice makeup or fancy hair do, you'll sweat if all off in a matter of minutes. Wear the most comfortable shoes you own. I carried a backpack and had the stuff inside in ziplock bags so it wouldn't get wet on any rides. We really didn't get that wet anyway. We stayed on site at Pop Century. Bring candy or snacks that are okay even if they get hot - suckers, hard candy, gummies and of course fruit. Also a little bottle of hand sanitizer is a good idea - so many people = lots of germs. A little notebook and big fat pen come in handy for getting autographs. Remember the characters have limited vision areas due to their costumes. All the staff were very helpful, so don't hestitate to ask them any questions you have.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to try and answer them. Just pm me.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you belong to AAA get your tickets before you get there. The lines at the parks can be really long to get tickets. Park Hopper passes are the way to go. Not too mention, they also offer special parking, and a lounge at Magic Kingdom. You must have your AAA card with you to use the lounge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG girls and thanks for the tips.

Pat -- if I can think of anything else I'll pm ya but you covered alot of bases there!