Wanna share your summer vacation plans?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool Wanna share your summer vacation plans?

Anybody have any big vacation plans on the horizon? We may be going to Florida, looks like dh has won a trip through a work related contest (Trying not to get tooo excited just yet, won't know till August). I think we may take another vacation somewhere and a weekend trip for the family.....haven't decided on anything yet. Ideas anyone?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't go on vacation with 5 acres of land to tend to there isn't time. Hubby works about 80-90 hours a week in summer and then on the weekends does things around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have been really short on money for the past year or so, so we will just be doing day trips with the kids. So far we have planned to go to the beach, a children's museum, a place called Ruggles Mine, and Story Land (a child's amusement park in NH).

We may also be going to visit my parents in PA later in the summer.

Chelle

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are going to be spending every possible weekend at regional Bluegrass and Folk Festivals and Contests.:smball...the music is a HUGE part of our lives right now....and Im going to enter my boys in as many band compititions as possible...(theyve been taking lessons since October) to get them used to playing together and performing in front of crowds. Then the first week of August will be at Galax VA .....the biggest amateur compitition on the East coast....there will be musicians from all over the world....and there will be jamming everywhere...musicians literally start playing together anywhere...in the parking lot...in front of the bathrooms...at every clear spot! LOL Alll of this would be much easier if we had a camper..lol...but we will be tent-ing it.....did last year and had a great time!
    My reward for all this hard work (I hope) will be a trip to the beach funded by the Letter Carriers Union (my husband is a Union Steward in training) they sent us last summer..and we had this great hotel...right on the beachfront..it was great:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This summer we'll be going to visit family and friends in GA. Later this year we will take a short trip probably to Savannah, GA (LOVE IT!), but we haven't made up our mind yet. Sannibel Island, FL is another possibility.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am still trying to get a trip together in June for the DH and the DGD's and I. In July the six of us are camping at Bodega Bay and visiting a sticker factory there. In August we are camping at Fort Bragg and going on the Skunk Train. We joined a nearby childrens' museum so we will visit there several times as well this summer. The three girls, that are in school, have pretty short summers this year so, we won't be able to do as much as we usually do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by KathiS
    I am still trying to get a trip together in June for the DH and the DGD's and I. In July the six of us are camping at Bodega Bay and visiting a sticker factory there. In August we are camping at Fort Bragg and going on the Skunk Train. (
    Kathi--what is the Skunk Train? Sounds intruiging

Chelle

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Either Cape Cod or the Outer Banks NC, probably early Sept.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jerseygirl--what part of the Cape? My dh grew up on the Cape, and I lived there 2 summers with him while in college.

Chelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well our first plan for the summer is a golf trip (tournament) for my hubby, I am going too might leave the kids home with family and just hang around the pool for the weekend but I don't know about that yet, might be too boring without the kids..
    Then the berkshires (MA) for a weekend (a friend has a house out there)
    My mother will be up and stay here for a week or so
    And then day trips, storyland NH, santa's village NH, the beach... Hey Chelle did you ever got to Ruggles mine? was it good, I haven't been there yet.
    Nothing too big but as I look at what I wrote we will be busy...

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Right now I am not sure if we will go to the beach or to the mountains!! .......

Right now I am not sure if we will go to the beach or to the mountains!! We may even head over to Arkansas or to Texas or even up to WestVirgina!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My boyfriend and I are going to visit my stepsister, her husband, and my 1 year old niece at the beach in Florida, the week after July 4th. It will be a combination vacation, meeting my niece for the first time, and birthday present for the bf. I'm ready to see the ocean again. Hope for lots of

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are planning to go to one family reunion early Aug. and also go to Fort Bragg for a night as part of that.

We are also invited to another reunion in southern california..but I don't know if we'll be able to fit it in between the other reunion, and celebrating our 2 year anniversary, and our daughters first birthday, and trying to take a little camping trip just the two of us.

We've never taken a real vacation or even a honeymoon together yet..so I'm hoping for SOMEthing this summer

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since DH is in grad school, we won't be going very far away. I expect the beach might be in our plans (it's only about 70 miles away). Other than that, we are staying home. Sigh...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are going to go camping, our first long trip with the trailer!! We are going to Northern California, starting in Auburn and then out to the coast to Petaluma, down to Santa Cruz/Monterey/Carmel and then to Solvang one night just to break the trip home up a bit. We love going up North but like I said this is the first year we will all be stuck in the trailer together!! Dh, dd, ds and I, so we will see how much I like my family when we get back!!!