Anyone Else "not" Taking A Vacation?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone Else "not" Taking A Vacation?

We are so broke and trying to work on home improvement projects that we decided we would not even take the old RV to the RV park which is only 20 min. away this year. I need to make reservations for next year, this week, but otherwise, we're not doing a darn thing.

Is anyone else having to put off vacations due to medical, money, or work issues. I'd sure hate to think we are in this alone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We went to FL in February, so we're not going anywhere this summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We aren't taking one either...no $$ to funnel into the vacation fund.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're not going on holiday either, I'm not a holiday person really and no-one will look after Posh, so I don't mind too much.

Registered User frugalbutterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had planned to this year, then my accident happened and we lost about $20,000 from Oct. to Dec. We have used up most of the money from our taxes we had. needed to pay bills.
    So no, we are not taking a vacation, I wish we could though, and won't next year either

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We aren't planning any long summer vacations this year. We are taking little mini ones because of the boy's sporting activities. We are having to travel and stay away from home due to them. It isn't something I would actually call a vacation, but we are getting away from home. We are suppose to be going to Louisiana in a few weeks, but that is to visit DH's relatives. So nothing planned this year.

Due to Chris playing football for the high school this year, they have been doing strength and conditioning since the very first day we have been out for summer. He actually gets 2 weeks off and then starts 2 a days for football. One week of that is the week Dakota has his district baseball tournament. So needless to say our lives revolve around OUR CHIDRENS schedules. DH is going to the annual A&M Fire School again on the only week that noone has anything planned or activites going on.

I decided I would just do home improvement projects instead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Noooo,,,,,,, Dh is fiinished school for the summer but is going back in the fall. We are both working at what ever we can find and still trying to care for the children. We are broke, broke , broke and the money coming in doesn't even cover the basics.
    Two of my children will be going on a 3 day canoe trip with scouts (free). And my eldest is going on a week long confirmation camp which is paid for by our Church. Otherwise she would not be able to go.

So you are not alone. Just enjoy some nice long chats on your deck with an ice tea or iced coffee and imagine......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're not alone Carloyn, we're staying put here like we always do, lol. We may take a day trip here & there to go to the lake though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nah, the closest I can get to a vacation this year is sending hubby up to PA to drive back some construction equipment! I get three days of peace and quiet and not having to cook on his schedule.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We head up north to our cabin about once a month for a long weekend, but other than that no vacations here. I have never been on vacation, ever.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are staying home this summer too, and thats fine by me...we spent way to much the last two summers, and I feel it was a big waste

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope no vacation here. We will do "backyard" vacations. Set up picnic days for out in our yard or local parks, and so on. Nothing that is a real vacation, but instead pretend vacations. Nothing that will cost more than the picnic. We might go places with the church group, but those are afternoon trips no more than a town over. and back with in a few hours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to be 31 at the end of this month, and I have NEVER been on vacation in my whole life. NEVER.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went to Vermont in May for a week--that was our vacation! I'm going to NYC again next Friday and then we may take a couple of day trips here and there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No big vacation for us. We just returned from a trip to the inlaws (2 nights) and in a couple weeks we're going to dh's highschool reunion and staying with his family for another week. That will be our 'vacation' this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast