Myrtle Beach

Thread: Myrtle Beach

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Myrtle Beach

We are going there in June for vacation in a rv with my kids and in-laws.
    Is there anyplace anybody suggests to go besides the beach?
    Just kind of wondering I know during the morning and evenings we'll be at the beach but not sure of what else is there cheap to do.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There is alot of outlet shopping about 20 miles west (on the way in) great deals.
    Great seafood and better prices in Merrills Inlet (one town south) much more low key and I have heard the state park there is nice but have never been.
    ---Kellie

guest7
    Tourist

I've only golf there. FORE!!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really enjoyed the Ripley's aquarium!

Melanie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going with a group of my girlfriends in May. We are staying in NMB to avoid the Harley Rally stuff that happens to be going on that weekend. But there is SO much to do in MB. I plan on doing nothing but the beach, and maybe the indoor Butterfly Sanctuary. Of course theres Barefoot Landing (shopping), tons of A parks, alot of stuff. Just stuff everywhere. When I was researching for our trip I was amazed how it has grown up since I was a kid 12 years ago. There will be no shortage of stuff for you to do, but the frugal part might be harder. Try the MB sites, just google, and go to the sites that are by MB like I think www.mbfun.com, etc.

Megan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are a ton of Putt-Putt places, golf-carts, mini-speed boats and 2 small amusement parks all in the main area.

Where are you staying? Both Ocean lakes and the Koa have fishing ponds, swimming pools and golf cart rentals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I echo everyone else. There are so many things to do there you will never be able to do them all. We usually stay in a hotel on the beach and they have several different swimming pools and hot tubs, arcade, fitness room, etc. which are nice when you're tired of the beach, in addition to everything else Myrtle Beach has to offer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never been to Myrtle Beach--I am like the only person in my town that hasn't, but I do know that they have a Dixie Stampede there. If you have not been to one I highly recommend it. It is a little pricey but Between the dinner and the show something I would spend money on again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The aquarium is outstanding if you've never been to one. The best outlet shopping is at "Waccamaw Pottery" on 501. That's what we locals call it, but it's on one the main drag going into town. There are plenty of evening activities for old and young alike. We went to the Dixie Stampede in TN and it was great, so I'm sure it's the same at MB.

Murrells Inlet does have the best seafood in Horry County and Nance's is our favorite for oysters if that's your bag. For a buffet, try Crabby Mike's - it's down at Surfside, but it is INCREDIBLE!!!! They have everything from crab legs to prime rib (the best prime rib I have EVER eaten, btw) to lasagna to chicken. It's pricey, $21.95 or so, but look in the freebie activity books (The Sun or the Grand Strand guide) for coupons.

The State Park is a great location and we use to have our family reunions there too. Hunting Island State Park is south of Murrells Inlet on 17 a ways down, but a less crowded place.

Have fun.