Arizona and New Mexico Travel Tips

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Arizona and New Mexico Travel Tips

Thank you to all who replied to my "What Places in Arizona and New Mexico" Question. We flew into Phoenix and rented a car and drove straight to Tucson. We only spent two days there, going to Old Town and drove to Tubac and went to a Sidewinders Baseball game. The day we drove out of Tucson we visited the Aviation Museum. The weather was approaching triple digits so our next stop was Silver City NM, where it was cooler.

I loved Silver City, especially the old part of town. One of the things we did was to hike the Cat Walk at Gila NF. That was beautiful. We quickly found our favorite restaurant, though they were all good, but we especially enjoyed Geronimos Restaurant where all the locals seem to go and we know why. They served consistently good New Mexico food in a dinner setting and prices were very reasonable, some place you can take the whole family.

We saw White Sands Monument, we did get out of the car and hiked one of the designated trails. We then went to Mesilla, we had a great lunch at La Posta and then drove to Las Cruces. We visited the New Mexico Heritage, Farm and Ranch in Las Cruces, it was wonderful and we don't have any kids but really enjoyed ourselves. One of the things that I noticed about NM and AZ is that they have great museums, forts and historic information centers that are preserving and or informing the public of what happened in the wild west times.

Thanks again for helping us have a great vacation

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. I'm go jealous. I wanna go home to NM.