Dh and I are planning a vacation

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Dh and I are planning a vacation

for next fall to Las Veags I know it is like a year away but I figure if I am watching what I spend at the grocery and be frugal about other things we can do it.

We went last year my brother got married and stayed at the Imperial Palace (I did not like it and neither did anyone else it is a nice hotel but the staff had some laking there)

So who has been and what is a good place to stay we are looking on the strip or close to it (walking distance). We want to go for a week this time just us. So any help would be great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Haven't stayed in Vegas since the late 80s but last year hubby and I went to Reno and stayed at the Peppermill..........it was great, nice people, good food.....I highly reccamend it........I know they have one in Vegas.....

leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

www.cheapovegas.com is a good resource.

Also, visit some on-strip hotels' websites and sign up for their slot clubs. Then you'll receive promotions for discounted rooms in the mail.

I've been 3 times, one time was on my honeymoon, and we stayed at Ballys. Very nice, older crowd, nice & quiet. Awesome buffet.

The next year we went back and stayed at The Las Vegas Hilton (off-strip). Also very nice. We rented a car, but the cheap room rate $25/night.

Our last trip was 6 yrs ago when we stayed at The Flamingo Hilton. Nice there as well. In fact, I liked all of the hotels equally, but the F. Hilton has a gorgeous pool area. It was 114º when we went, but the misting thingies on the trees made it very comfortable. We were able to get flight and hotel for a week for $685 for both of us (from Boston).

I can't wait to go back...so much excitement. Have fun planning

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have bookmarked the website Michelle told us about. I would love to take a trip there for our anniversary next year, so I am going to use all of the great tips from here and from the website. Thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We stayed at New York New York. DH wanted to stay there. The rooms are nice, but ours was small. It was very adequate, but not fancy. I can't remember what we paid, but it was in 2000, so the rates would be very out of date!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mom goes there all the time. Before she bought a TimeShare out there she went to Sam's Town, a said she enjoyed it. I don't believe its right on the strip but shuttle's to the strip are avalible. Wish I knew more about it...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congratulations! and I are toying with the idea of going out to Alberta for a few days next year. We'll start looking into that better after Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We stayed in Vegas in 2001 at the Monte Carlo. It was pretty nice, but a long walk down to the main strip (being that each hotel is a block in its self). They do have the rail system now that you can take though. I signed up on the Monte Carlo website and they always send me emails that have great ideas. You could sign up for a couple of those and browse their specials.