Airline tickets...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Airline tickets...

What's the best time to book airline tickets? We're planning on a trip from the prairies to the Maritimes next summer. When I go to West Jet's site I get a rate of $393 for - I think - 2 people. Which doesn't seem right. Normally it's that much for one person return. I figured out it's cheaper to fly Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so that's what we'll be doing. Do prices get any cheaper closer to flight time? I'm wondering how far in advance to book for the best deals. Thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well the prices go up the closer to the time to go. My dd brought mine 1 month in advance and it cost her 525 round trip from Ca to Il. My younges so brought his to fly from Maryland to Ca in Dec and it was over 400. So the sooner you buy you tickets the cheaper it is. The closer to the date the more expenisive it is
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's been our experience that the earlier you book em the better deal you get. BUT, if you book really, really early they are usually non refundable. Have fun searching for the best deal

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The way Westjet's pricing works is that they have a certain number of seats available in each price range. For example's sake we'll say they have 10 seats. Two of those seats are $4, two seats are $5, three seats are $6 and the last three seats are $7. The first people to book will get those cheap $4 seats but after those two seats are gone, the cheapest seats you'll find will be $5 until those $5 seats are sold. It goes on like that, with the price for seats going up as the seats get sold. They do have seat sales where you can get seats super cheap but you can't really depend on those sales since they seem to have them only if they are having problems filling certain flights or have extra seats on "business" routes.

$393 for two people seems waaay off though, my friend lives in AB and goes to visit her mom in NF all the time and it's never that cheap for only her. I would doublecheck the price for that. When you enter the dates you want to travel on the Westjet site it will only quote you the price per seat, you have to hit the "continue" button at the bottom of the page to see what the fare would be multiplied by two passengers and including tax. You may have already checked that but I have had friends make the mistake of not going to the next page and budgeting their trip on the wrong info.

Good luck though...it should be an awesome trip!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Liz. I was wondering about the West Jet site being for one person only. It came up at $393 each way. Must have been for one person. Normally it's about $700/person when Mom's had to fly it.