Kentucky Suggestions
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Kentucky Suggestions

We are considering going to Kentucky next year for our vacation. The only problem is I know nothing about the state (one of the reasons it is on the list of possibilities) and I have ordered the tourism guide. I would love to hear from anyone who lives there or visited the state on some suggested places to stay and go.

Registered User jenloveschip2001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you are in to yard sales the best time to come to KY in the first weekend in October. We have something we call Roller Coaster Fair. It is miles and miles of yard sales that run through KY to Tn. Around where I live there is Mammoth Cave if you like nature and if you are into cars you could visit the corvette musieum(sp?) in Bowling Green KY. I would check out tourism guide though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Also check out Buckhorn Lake. It is in eastern KY. They have a nice lodge there and beautiful natural scenery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to live in Kentucky, and I love Lexington. It is so beautiful with a lot of estates where they raise thoroughbred horses. It is very scenic and enjoyable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by jenloveschip2001 View Post
    If you are in to yard sales the best time to come to KY in the first weekend in October. We have something we call Roller Coaster Fair. It is miles and miles of yard sales that run through KY to Tn. Around where I live there is Mammoth Cave if you like nature and if you are into cars you could visit the corvette musieum(sp?) in Bowling Green KY. I would check out tourism guide though.
    looks like we are very close to each other!!!!
    Mammoth Cave is great! Dont forget all the lakes in our area you can camp/ fish and boating, jetski all available
    for rent .

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mammoth Cave is a must and allow at least 2 or 3 days to do all the different things there are to do. Then don't miss the Daniel Boone locations and Lincoln's birth place. Also the Shaker Village is a good day visit. Enjoy the back roads at an easy pace because their are many Old Order Amish and Mennonite Communites you may happen upon a buggy or two. In the spring and summer farmers markets and flea markets are a blast. We have also visited a number of wineries. Factory tours like the one at the Covettee plant and Mayfield Dairy are a don't miss if you've got kids.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't forget to visit us here in Louisville, too! We have an amusement park (Six Flags), the zoo, the Louisville Slugger museum, etc. Check out the state website and maybe you can find things to do on there! There is also the state capitol of Frankfort that is lovely and has tons of beautiful historic buildings. There are tons of things to do here in Kentucky!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nightengale38 View Post
    Also check out Buckhorn Lake. It is in eastern KY. They have a nice lodge there and beautiful natural scenery.

Buckhorn lake is beautiful. The Hotel is on the lake. They also have cabins. Not really sure what else they have as we were only there for a family reunion.

The caves are great. When we went you almost had to have a reservation to get to go through them as they were always packed.