Excited about trip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Excited about trip

We leave early Friday morning. Just a small little weekend getaway, just the hubby and I, going to Vegas. Am just really excited about it, been planning it since October. Paid cash for the flight and room a few months ago, paid cash for the UFC fight there at the MGMGrand, and budgeted $1,500 spending money. All cash, baby, yeah. Of course.... I'm hoping we get home with a big chunk of that cash, but dh likes to take trips with plenty of money, so to keep the peace we're taking more than we think we need.

Not really planning much, look at the sights, go catch the weigh-ins Friday evening, the fight Saturday night, maybe hop on the monorail and see other places (the fountains at Bellagio and the Treasure Island show.. free!). Nothing extravagant, I'm not even dressing up, taking only joggins suits and tennis shoes, hehe. We've budgeted just $100 each for gambling, just to say we did. Nope, no dreams of hitting it big, haha. Hitting it big would be to come home with $1,000 of that money, oh yeah!! Got to start paying down that ole student loan, ya know?

Anyway, just getting all jazzed up, haven't been anywhere alone with the dh in almost 5 years, it's time. The kid is staying and taking care of the pooch, poor dear. No worries, my mom is coming, a sis lives across the street, and another sis lives 2 streets over. 'Sides, she'll be 18 in March and will be working all 3 of the days we'll be gone. I'll be a 'good' mommy and bring her back a t-shirt. hehe j/k.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope that you and your dh have a wonderful get away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a great time!

--Michelle

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You guys have a great time! Last time i was in vegas was in 97. WE were there for a friends wedding (the lived in Barstow Ca...pretty close) We stayed one night at Circus Circus and were pretty much broke so the next day stayed at the Shangre-La. LOL. It was fun, lots of free and near free stuff to do there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST TIME

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Vegas is great! DH was there for a convention in 2003, and I tagged along. I'm sure you'll have tons of fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woo Hoo!My kind of vacation (I'm frugal but I love to gamble....go figure!). Hope you have a blast and bring home gobs of "their" money

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are going to have so much fun!! DH and I just got back a few days ago from Vegas. We flew out of the 20th and came back on the 23rd, 3 nights was plenty for me. We stayed at Treasure Island. When we checked in we told them it was our 20th anniversary and they upgraded us to the top floor for the best view of the strip, plus gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. So, you might want to mention something when you check in of why you are staying and they "might" upgrade you. I heard most hotels on the strip do. The Mirage has the erupting volcano (next to Treasure Island). Also if you pick up a free Vegas magazine (they are everywhere on the street) they have coupons in them. If you and your DH like car shows, tear out the coupon in one of them for free tickets to the car show at Imperial Palace. We did. It was interesting. You can visit the forum shops at Ceasar's. While there, check out the statues. They are awesome. The ceiling looks like you are walking outdoors, but you aren't. Um, I am trying to think of what else was free or near it. At MGM, they have the lions and at The Mirage, they have the Aquarium (it isn't much).

Be ready to avoid people handing out "business" cards. They are positioned all along the strip. We just kept on walking by and ignored them. You will notice some of the sidewalk litered with them. The business cards are offering you send a woman to your room. Not the type of business I am interested in. We were also hit up by people wanting to give us tickets to Vegas shows if we would visit their timeshare. We didn't attend any, but I know some other people were taking advantage of them.

I know you will have a blast. Enjoy your trip!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a well-deserved vacation. Hope you and DH have a blast!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, the Bellagio dancing water fountain was really neat. The fountains were dancing to Christmas music while we were there.

The Siren show at Treasure Island is packed, so get there early. We were lucky because we stayed in the hotel and they have a section roped off up front for guest. At every showing, it was crowded so plan ahead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have a wonderful time, you deserve it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you have a wonderful time. DH and I take a couple of days every year around this time and it really rejuvenates us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks all!!! The trip was great, but it sure is good to be home. Just nothing like getting into your own bed from a weary trip, is there??

Trip was great, came back with over $500 in cash, which is already deposited and applied to the student loan. Batteries are recharged and it's time to get back to work knocking down that debt!!!