New England

Thread: New England

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default New England

I'd love to drive up to New England this summer for a quick vacation, like a long weekend. Vermont-NH-Maine would be the areas I'd like to visit. Is it impossible in such a short time? Or should I focus on just one place? One option is to fly to Boston or a surrounding town and drive from there.. We ahven't had a vacation since we drove accross the country moving from CA to VA (and that was NO fun!) and that was 2 years ago! Well, we've had separate vacations but not a family one, esp since DS was born. I'm itching to get to New England!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you fly in I would fly to Manchester NH NOT Boston, it is a lot easier to get in and out from.
    I don't think a weekend with VT, NH and ME would be a fun vacation since you would be in the car traveling for hours to get from place to place. Maybe a 4 day weekend would be okay, but depwnding on where you want to go in each state you could be driving a lot.
    I think you would pick 2 of the states well NH and one of the other states and that would be okay. I live about central NH and Maine is about an hour or more away and VT is about an hour or more away. So really it depending on where you plan to visit in each state.

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think you should ask yourself what it is that you would like to see and do. In NH the white mountains are beautiful. Maine beaches are pretty too. Vermont is a little tougher it's spread out pretty well. Do you want to go to tourist attractions? Lie on a beach? Hike? Shop?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in Southern Maine and I agree with both posts-the one about flying into Manchester and the one that says you need more than a weekend if you plan to visit more than one state. If you were just to fly into Boston and stay there-there is a ton of stuff to do as well. Fabulous restaurants, museums, historical tours-you name it. The same with the North Conway area of New Hampshire-lots to do in one area rather than spending all of your time driving. If you want to do some driving-I suggest the coastal route up Maine-just beautiful!! Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i would do a costal trip along maine. but then, i am a bit biased. Can take the girl outta maine, can't take maine outta the girl.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks guys for replying! Well I guess Maine would be my #1 choice to see since we have some friends living up there as well. I'm interested in breweries (sp?), some harbors and scenery. I'd love to stay in bed&breakfast type of places instead of hotels and just relax and enjoy the family time. Not to mention good food.