Disney World in May! Woot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Disney World in May! Woot!

Josh get's to come home from Iraq for two weeks in May.

His family lives just outside of Orlando, so that's where I'm going for two weeks.

Today he got online (HUGE surprise since he usually only gets online on Friday's) Anyways, we're going to Disney for 4 days!!!!!! WOOT!!

I cant wait!

Any suggestions or tips? Any must sees? tia!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No tips, just want to say congrats! I would love to be able to go there right now, HAVE FUN!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It has been 20 years since I have been there. So I am sure that it has change dramtcly since 1987. At that time I was a kid. But I am debating on it when we go to Detin Fl next summer. Thing of it is that Walt Disney world is about a 3 hour drive from where we will be in Flordia. I am sure that Disney world will be up for discussion. But have fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a GREAT TIME! Disney is a blast!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No tips because I have never been there. Just wanted to say "WOOHOO!" I would love to go there. I am sure you will make lots of memories.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You guys are going to have a blast. We go atleast once a year. I would say to start checking out www.wdwinfo.com. CLick on the section marked forums and go to town. It is a great help when planning a trip. There are sub forums on everything from what is the best way to get the most out of your day, to the attractions to see early in the day vs later in the evening, places for all kinds of food etc.... You can get a lot of great tips and must sees for all ages. Also www.Allears.net has some good advice.

A few of our tips for a better trip:
    ~ invest in the Park hopper ticket
    ~ Have a Dole Whip - can be found in the Magic Kingdom just off of Adventure Land.
    ~ If it is time for a hair cut for one of the boys, get it done by the barbers on Main Street
    ~Let the little girls get "done up" at Bippity Bobboty Doo
    ~Thrill seekers must do the Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Space Mountain. IMO, Exepedition Everest is the BEST!!!
    ~ Arrive at Magic Kingdom atleast one day before opening so you can be there for the rope drop
    ~Watch the parades and fireworks
    ~See FANTASMIC!!!!This is a number one for almost everyone!!! You have to line up about 30-45 minutes before hand so you can get a seat, but it is so worth it. Just give the kids a snack and grab a place in line. There is a snack shack across from where you line up and you can get fresh fruit, chips or giant turkey legs.
    ~Find the talking trash cans
    ~See Mickey's Philarmagic
    ~Get an Official Guide to Hidden Mickeys and search out the hidden Mickey's while waiting in line and on te different rides and attractions.
    ~Beauty and the Beast show at MGM is a total MUST SEE for the family, so is Little Mermaid.
    ~Find the key under the doormat at the Muppets 3-D show
    ~Kilamanjaro Safari is a great family ride
    ~Buy ponchos at the dollar store before you go and take them incase you ride Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapdis. Disney sells the ponchos but they are $5 each.
    ~You can pack a backpack or bag with snacks and drinks to take in the park as long as there are no glass bottles or alcohol. Security does check every bag, but snacks are allowed. Everyone takes light snacks and sodas in.
    ~Soarin' is a good ride but if you get motion sick, be prepared. It is a motion simulator. And do the easier version of Mission Space if you get the slightest bit sick on rides. This one is super intense if you go for the "normal" version.
    ~The most underrated but funniest ride is the Jungle Cruise. The "Captains" are so funny!!! You laugh the whole way through.
    ~EPCOT is so neat - very educational yet fun!!!
    Okay, I could go on and on (yes I could ramble on even more than I already have). It is our favorite place. You will have a blast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live an hour from Orlando, no tips, just congrats on the vacation! You'll have a great time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, I hope you have a wonderful time I went once 11 years ago. I remember thinking it was the most magical place on earth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats! We are going in April, for the first time. I have found a site- oh I cant post it since im new so ill spell it lol- mousesavers dot com it has some really good tips in it! Have fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone! Those tips are awesome Neeley!!

Ive been quite a few times, but not since 2002. Our family used to go every year since I was born. I believe I've been 18 times. Since Josh grew up there, he's been more times than he can even count lol.

GREAT NEWS tho! He got online yesterday and said.....He signed his leave papers! He'll be home in a few weeks to a month! AHHHHHHHH! Thats like.......a month earlier than planned!!!

*dances* WooOoOOooOo! Thanks again everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How wonderful for you both!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a great time!!! I am so happy for you!!!

When we were at Disney World in 2004 Small World was closed. I was so looking forward to it. If you can go on that for me I would appreciate it. (LOL)

The Hoop de do Revue (sp???) is a really fun show. The price of the tickets includes the meal. If you do, do that, make sure you make reservations and ask for directions to the hall where the show is. We had to take a bus to get there. We also saw Cirque de Soleil (sp???) What a show!!!!

Join a yahoo group about Disney World. You will find a ton of information.

There is so much to do there.

Enjoy!!!! Enjoy!!!!