Can anyone say....Road Trip!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Can anyone say....Road Trip!!

Okay. So, when DB gets back from his vacation in the sand.....(HA)

He gets 30 days leave(vacation)

We have decided that when he gets this leave, we're going to take a road trip to Florida(Just outside of Orlando) to where his family lives. Driven straight through, it's a 24(give or take) drive. We wont be driving straight through, we want to explore!!

So, any advice? Where should we stop along the way?

Also, I know theres a website out there to help plan road trips, I just cant think of what it is. Does anyone know of one? Thanks in advance!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wish I had some advice but just want to say have fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow! There are so MANY possibilities. WHat kind of interests do you have? I'd be checking out the smithsonian in DC as I went by, but also looking at different kinds of countryside. Detour through some mountains. Check out some small towns. Have fun whatever you do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I pass the test? *teehee* I did say it! (shhh she's very )

Seriously though thats great and I love the drive - hope to do it next spring myself! At the border of GEORGIA and either ALABAMA or TENESSEE where the 'caves' are there the caves to explore - google RUBY FALLS thats a nice one I think. They have a few attractions there. Also theres one other one where this guy built rock gardens on the mountains back in the wartimes and his 'land' over looks it all - its called ROCK CITY - you'll have to google that too, cant remember where that is. Out of the two - I preferred ROCK CITY myself. Tip - bring a flashlight! LOL (especially if you go into the caves)

Also, we went to the KFC museum and Daniel Boone National Park. Those were fun In Atlanta I think is the Martin Luther King Jr monument/historical site? That was VERY interesting for a free admittance. You can see where hes buried along with his wife, the street and house where he grew up and then if you go through the museum thingy you learn so much.

Half the fun of our trip to Atlanta was the side trips we took on our way there and back to Canada!

I hope you have fun and enjoy!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can tell you as you are driving south, if you take 81 to 17 as you are coming into Va, you will miss all the traffic around DC, unless you want to see DC. Highway 17 is a nice scenic drive, just beware it turns a couple of times and if you miss it you will end up on I want to think rt 66 and going the wrong way. In North Carolina you could always come see me lol. Alot of travelers stop at JR's when they are traveling through here, it is right off of 95, want to think it is exit 98, not sure though....when I go there I am taking back roads and not the highway. Also not far from JRs is a strip of outlet malls. If you really wanted to blow time in NC, you could go to the outer banks, maybe see some wild mustangs. Savannah Ga, can't think of exactly where it is right now but by the river, there is a boardwalk area and you can see all sorts of people doing their thing. Last time we went we saw a juggler, a guy with a parrot riding a bike, guitar players it was really cool. On the other side is a row of shops, my kids loved the candy store. The candy store was like the old fashioned penny candy stores, but they had the yummiest fudge that they made fresh there. In Florida if you wanted to go west there is a really nice place to see the manatees in Crystal River, a little south of there is Weeki Wachee. There is a little water park, they have a special underwater viewing tank and girls dressed as mermaids that put on a show. Thats all I can think of right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL I can never get my husband to stop, and I am not even sure what exit it is or if the bill board is still there, but when you come through Richmond Va, there is the worlds largest Arby's. I love to make side trips, get that from my dad, but my dh is very much a keep going till we get there type of person, he doesn't get sidetracked by anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made the road trip down to Plant City Florida in Nov. '06. Was great used mapquest and RandMcNally. Husband swears by Google Map. The Mammoth Caves National Park in Kentucky is beautiful. It is located in a dry county. You can take a variety of tours and the park is beautiful. They also allow tent camping if that is your thing. Jack Daniels Distelliry is interesting. National Corvette Museum. So Much so little time. Have fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hope you have a lot of fun .