Summer Vacation Plans.... - Page 3

Poll: Will you change your summer vacation plans?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No change in my plans...yet. I had budgeted numerous trips for this year to visit my friends and godson and nothings changed. I started flying vs driving. It cuts back on the travel time by 3 hours and is about the same $ spent on a plane ticket vs gas. I have a ride on both ends so it all works out and enables me to fly and relax after a full day of work vs having to tough it out and arrive at 1-2am. The only time I will drive is if we need a 2nd vehicle when I am there OR if I need to bring something up to my friends. I guess that puts me into the suck it up and just plan ahead for the extra cost(s).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a house on the edge of Mt Rainier National Park. It is about 150 miles from where we live full time. I now stay home one weekend a month to work....just so I can pay gas to drive up there the other weekends. When we built this house it cost us about $40 a weekend to drive there and back, now it's nearly $100. It puts a bit of a crimp in my budget, but we're handling it. I've given up a few other things...but they didn't mean as much to me as the mountain house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Summer Vacation, Team Style!

We're taking our vacation along with 10-11 other families to a USSSA World Fastpitch Softball tournament. My daughter's team (14 and Under) has been making plans, raising money and practicing for the World Series of Softball. Since we're traveling in a group, admission to extra activities will be discounted. We've also rented condos with kitchens to help with food expenses. Finally, all families are required to help in fundraisers. (By doing this last year, we were able to pay each family's hotel bill.) The kids really appreciate their vacation, since they helped to pay for it. This type of vacation may not suit everyone, since you have to get along with others for a solid week on the road and at the ballgames and other activities. Luckily, our team has a family feel and the girls are like sisters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've given up a few other things...but they didn't mean as much to me as the mountain house. That's what being frugal is all about...setting priorities! It sounds heavenly!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't travel every year, usually just day trips and camping close by.
    I may take ds on a bus trip or something this year, depending on $$. Last summer he went to Disney with his dad and the summer before I took him to maine. I'd really like to go to colonial Williamsburg, but probably not this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We really haven't made any summer vacation plans yet. We took a big trip last summer so I'm sure we will just do fun things within a few hours distance and maybe camp. My sibling asked it my kids could fly out. I think I'm going to say no because I'd need to buy 2 plane tickets plus send a good $200 with each of them. We really need to do work on the house and I think the $ should go there. Also we did go see them last summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wink

Planning on doing a few road trips during this
    summer. They are always so much fun because
    we like to try roads or interstates we have never
    been on. Always find some very interesting places.
    Hope the gas prices don't bit into this though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No vacation this year. I went to see relatives in Kansas City last year for a week which was nice. I also just came back from Houston where I spent a couple days with relatives. I have relatives coming for Christmas so I think that this year I will just enjoy all of the tourist things here in my own city and there are quite a few. Of course being the frugal person which I am I will use my free pass and take the bus/light rail to all of the attractions.
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My in-laws may be coming and if they do, then I guess we will be going on vacation, probably to the upper midwest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We haven't planned anything yet. It all depends on if Dave gets a bonus (I think we'll know next month).

We'll probably just stay in New England, but honestly it gets pretty expensive around here during the summer. I could just about fly across country for a week's vacation and spend the same or almost the same amount.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're not sure yet how it will affect our plans. We'll see more over the next couple of months. We do need to get back to the East Coast some time this summer to visit family, but haven't made any definite plans since finances are up in the air right now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If we close on our house in two weeks we'll be going on a 7-day cruise of the western caribbean. If something falls through, we won't. We usually drive all the way to Florida from Wisconsin for our cruises and looks like we will again this year. I wanted to fly, but was too afraid it might get cancelled. When we drive we usually stop for one night on the way there and drive straight through on the way back. Looks like we might drive straight through both ways to save money on a hotel room. We can always drop the kids off at the camp on the ship to catch up on our sleep.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123