Valentine's day ideas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Valentine's day ideas

Ahh yes, it's not even Christmas and here's a Valentine's day thread.

What would make your Valentine's day special? What have been your best Valentine's day gifts? Your worst? How do you wish it was spent? What do you give your partner? Do you give your kids anything for Valentine's day?

Please share any recipes, crafts or ideas.

I would like some digital photos printed and framed. Or a digital frame loaded up. Since money is tight, I'd be happy if Gabe made my desktop screensaver a digital photo frame.

I don't really "need" or want a card. I like gifts such as flavored coffee, chocolate (which is what I normally get and love) or a movie night.

Most years we do get our kids a little something. We put the items on the dining room table on place mats and surprise them in the morning before school.

Things I definitely wouldn't want for Valentine's day include stuffed animals, balloons and lingerie. LOL

Having dinner made would be great. I'd be almost equally as happy to have him make a meal as I would to just have pizza. Any day that I don't have to cook is a good day in my book. LOL

The key to my heart? Tackle Mt Laundry! I think I'd cry tears of joy to have a few days of not facing that demon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Valentine's day would be special if we could just do something that we never get a chance to do anymore. We used to occasionally get to go to antique stores together and we haven't done that for years. We go out on dates, but these are at night. It would be fabulous if he could arrange childcare and we could just go out and do that. Typically, he gives me flowers. I usually take him out to dinner. I could do without a card--I think that cards are the biggest waste of money.

We don't get our kiddos anything for V-Day. I don't know...that day is really such a non-event around here, it's just not a big deal to either of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What would make your Valentine's day special?
    I don't want anything... except for the day to be remembered... all he has to do is roll over in the morning and wish me a happy Valentine's Day. He is usually working that day and I am not all that fond of 'pubic eating'. If the mood strikes me and he will be around... I may buy some cheese and crackers to nibble on while we watch a movie at home.

Every year we seem to have the same conversation...

Him - What do you want to do on Valentines?
    Me - Same thing we do every night Pinky.
    Him - How about some roses?
    Me - You must be thinking about your other ball & chain because I prefer purple carnations, and I don't need new flowers (points to flowers in vase from b'day 2 weeks prior)
    Him - What about chocolates?
    Me - Do we have to go through this every year?

What have been your best Valentine's day gifts?
    Physical gifts such as brushing my hair and of course massages need I say more?

Your worst?
    -- a bottle of Nair (that guy didn't last long)

How do you wish it was spent?
    in bed

What do you give your partner?
    As if being able to spend every day basking in my glory wasn't enough??? Depends on his 'mood of the month', but I usually slip a chocolate turtle in with his lunch.

Do you give your kids anything for Valentine's day?
    A V-day pin to wear to school, heart pencils and a bookmark

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually get chocolate of some kind, which is awesome lol. We don't spend alot of money because his birthday is late Jan. and mine is late Feb. and our anniversary is early Feb. Him making an effort to be extra attentive and helpful is gift enough for me, and he is very easy to please...as he is a man and has simple needs lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I don't *do* Valentine's day. We have the attitude that we love and respect each other every day of the year, not just when some commercialized holiday says we should. I despise the whole *If you love her, you'll buy her gifts* mentality.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH always get our kids a little box of chocolates, and his new thing for me is a chocolate rose. Last year he gave us all a feather rose, and they are beautiful. I usually bake his favorite cookies, we don't do it up big for Valentines day, usually just a little extra something so you know that the day is special.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

have my eye on a little white Christmas tree.. waiting for it to go on sale after Christmas!

going to hang valentine cookies on it and valentine cards with red ribbons and other valentine things.. want to use it for easter too!

on top will be cupid or an easter bunny will be fun to keep a corner decorated in the house for grand children.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We did something like your tree one year for homeschool. We did a "year round" tree. We decorated it for each new holiday, all with homemade ornaments. We really had a good time with it, and lots of crafting time and one of a kind things to hang on it. You really can have fun, and if you hit a month with no holiday in it you can make one up.....we did many including birthdays. It really is fun and you will have a good time doing it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a white Christmas tree, stands about 3 feet tall. I use it for Valentines day an Easter... and other holidays when it is my turn to have family over.

this white tree is decorated with cookie cutter cookies. Valentines day is when I do the obvious... Heart and cupid shaped cookies! wrapped clear wrap and hung on the tree! the kids pick it clean in a hurry!

Under the tree (sitting on a table) is their valentine presents... fun T-shirts I have made or purchased and put a cute iron on transfer I have found or made. I may make aprons for the ladies and if the men are BBQing they get them too!

Candy of course. The kids and adults love it!

My husband and I enjoy the sunset with a glass of wine and some kind of finger foods like shirmp with cocktail sauce. Since it is still winter.. and if cold, a nice fire in the fire place, dim light and each other.

the white tree is fun to decorate with each holiday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't really DO Valentine's day, just like we don't really celebrate our birthdays. Ever since having kids, we would rather spend our money on them. However, in the past one of the best gifts hubby gave me was a plant that had little pine trees in it. He knows that I really don't like cut flowers and I love to garden and play in the dirt, SO...it was nice to get a present that showed he was thinking about what I would really like.

For the kids, I have a family recipe for cut-out cookies. We make them for every holiday. I usually let the kids decorate them and take them in to school. We also make homemade valentine cards instead of buying them to take to school. My mother will usually make little chocolate suckers for the kids to tape onto the cards. It gives them something to look forward to, plus, it helps them practice their writing and spelling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want a nice meal that dh cooks ~ maybe I'll help, we used to cook together all the time. He is an AMAZING cook! But mostly, I'd like him to do clean up! He is a VERY messy cook! I think I will get him a coupon book for chores he HATES! I am aiming for 28 since there are 28 days in February. He can use them whenever. I think I'll do: take out the trash, mow the lawn, take the kids to school AND pick them up, a night out with his guy friends, dart night (once I get that corner of the basement clean!), a lemon meringue pie "just because", I have a lot more to go, huh!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I just checked my schedule for work and I will have that weekend off. I don't ask for anything on Valentines's day. I'm not into getting roses because it's a waste of money.Buy me a plant that I can nurture and watch it grow if you want to get me something. I don't want chocolates. Why men buy us chocolate is beyond me. They spend money on 1 or 2 pounds of chocolate and then a few days later wonder why we are gaining weight!!! I'd rather spend time at home or just cruising the back roads looking for property, then come home and make my fiance a nice steak dinner.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No DH or children here, but I do send my mother a Valentine's Day present and card every year. She does not return the favour, so really I don't have any expections for Valentine's Day every year except to live vicariously through the fancy romantic dinners of those around me.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We ( okay mainly I) believe you should do something for the ones you love generally give the kids and Hubby something I made like a small toy, pencil bag, special note in lunch box, or a special dessert. That sort of thing.

Hubby thinks Valentine's day is about showing the women in your life that you care and cherish them. He even told Son that so Son thinks it is a holiday for women. Sometimes (not every year) the boys buy flowers or candy for us girls.

I would love a "I love you" letter or note form Hubby. That would be the greatest thing ever.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One year, I sent DH a care package from New York with a red teddy bear and lots of candy in it and a card. He absolutely loved it! This year, I'm going to do the same with a basket. I'm also planning on making him a pink heart-shaped cake (which is surprisingly easy for me to do) and some homemade Chinese food. Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast