Valentine Gifts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Valentine Gifts?

Do you give Valentine's gifts? I know that some say no, as they think this is a contrived holiday, and want no part in it. Others go all out.

We do cards. Ever since I was a little girl, I've made homemade valentine cards: you know ..... with the doilies and red construction paper.... They are a little different now, but I still give cards to family members.

I also get my hubby a gift. It's not big, but I like to remember him in a special way. Usually it has been something homemade and chocolate, but this year we are seriously dieting.

So I decided to buy him coffee. I got the little packets of coffee which each make one pot, and got several different flavors. I also got a package of flavored Splenda for him to use. And finally, I got a coffee mug with goofy hearts all over it at Goodwill. My entire package for him cost about $10. I think he'll love it, and it won't put any calories on his hunky bod!!!! Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie!
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I use to make something for Hubby and especially the children.

This year I decided to go with chocolates instead. Chocolate candy has been a rarity here since the price of candy bars has gone up.

Found the movie theater size boxes for less than a dollar. So they are each getting one. Bought myself one too. lol

I am also going to make pink icing cupcakes with conversational hearts as a surprise dessert for valentine's Day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Usually I give a card (from the $1 store) and something knick knacky. Each year it differs but there's always a treat of some sort in it.

Tomorrow for V-day - DH's work is having a pot luck. I will need to make him something for that and I plan on baking cupcakes this aftn for his direct dept/team. I figure I have lemon cake mix in the cupboard and a tub of vanilla icing to spread on top and red sugar sprinkles from Christmas. Festive enough

We've already agreed no gifts but for dinner, we're ordering in pizza - such a treat! And we're going to crack open a bottle of wine - YUM!! I may try to be crafty and make choc dipped pineapple for dessert as well....need to see if I can find one on sale!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My guys are each getting something small and I will be making them a heart shaped cheesecake tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DD is getting a set of microbe plushies from ThinkGeek.com. ($25)
    DS is getting $25 cash.
    DH and I do not do anything, by my choice. I am not a romantic at all and don't want him giving me flowers, cards etc...It took me years to break him of sending me that stuff, and thankfully he finally quit a few years ago.

Now, my DS thinks his old mom needs flowers for Valentine's and he will waltz in the house that evening with a bouquet for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Neeley View Post
    Now, my DS thinks his old mom needs flowers for Valentine's and he will waltz in the house that evening with a bouquet for me.

Even though you're not into flowers, I hope you're over the moon by his thoughtfulness. That's a special young man!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We used to do the cards and candy, but I told dh not to waste the money...I am making a big heart shaped brownie for us and the grands tomorrow

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Samigirl View Post
    Even though you're not into flowers, I hope you're over the moon by his thoughtfulness. That's a special young man!
    Oh, I am and I make a big fuss over them every Valentine's Day and birthday when he gives them to me. I have a special vase they go in and once they dry up, I save the petals in a special silver basket.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do have a card and a box of butterfinger cookies for OldMan. I told him I don't want anything. He usually listens, but he will go out and get me a card and flowers from the grocery store all the same. This is something that won't change.

I am taking DD out for ice cream, just the two of us on Tuesday.

We had our Valentine's Celebration already ~ There Is More To Being A Domestic Goddess Than Bon-Bons: E-g-g-p-l-a-n-t Spells Love

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel awful about tomorrow and not having any presents for my gang. We always give the girls something, but this year it snuck up on me. I ended up getting a stomach bug and wasn't able to get into town this weekend, so I didn't even get anything for hubby. they'll just have to wait a few days I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my hubby a bag of dk chocolate M & M's....I am getting new paint thru out house, new carpet, tile, remodeled bathroom. I think I made out better then he did he he....but got a feeling this will be my birthday, valentine & Christmas gifts for the next ten years....but, that is ok....
    Hope everyone has a wonderful valentine day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't go overboard, but we do little things.

We bought dd11 a small stuffed monkey and a box of chocolates with a card.

We gave our 17 month old granddaughter a singing bee (stuffed animal) that I picked up at the Dollar General store...it's real cute.

And I bought dh a card, some Dove chocolates and two dark chocolate bars from Aldi's

Dh bought steaks for all of us. Yum....I've been craving a steak for such a long time, but they're so expensive. Sams Club had T-bones on sale for $6.98 a lb

DD11 is making a heart shaped chocolate cake with pink icing for everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're not doing Valentine's Day this year. DH's sick with pneumonia and the flu at the same time, so we're gonna celebrate when he gets better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't go overboard just give each other a little something. I will make dh a card & he likes getting those special coupons (; and some chocolate pb candy I know he loves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby and I are going out for a nice dinner & dessert. We're giving the kiddos goodie bags with candy, other treats, and a handwritten Valentine (emphasizing their unique qualities, and reminding them how special they are to us).
    Last edited by Samigirl; 02-14-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast