any valentines day plans?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question any valentines day plans?

let's just say with a preschooler and a newborn..LMAO there won't be too many plans over here at Chez Noel. LOL

I would still like to do a nice breakfast and dinner at home, so have been scrounging up some small ideas to make it more special. I'll post some of my findings as I go along.

I'm not a very mushy type, so any little thing I would do would be most shocking to Gabe.

Here's a little heart ice cube tray.
    http://www.harrietcarter.com/Detail....rod=2542&sr=16

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought clearance candy and made Valentines out of them for the kids Teachers and classmates, I got some cute stuff for the kids........ Don't know what to do for dh yet, we had chocolate covered strawberries last year...... Yum !!!! I think we had steal dinner at home..... This year I would like to buy him a lobster, they will steam it for me at the store...... They are usually about $7.00 to $10.00 each...... Not to bad for a Valentine's present....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i haven't really thought about it for this year. hmmmmm better get on the ball

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bumping this up....i need ideas too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm just thrilled that we don't have school that day! Dh and I will probably rent a movie. We always agree not to get each other anything, but he always surprises (?) me with boxes and boxes of red hots. I LOVE that candy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We haven't made any plans yet, but I've been thinking about it. Dh loves my chicken fried steak, so I may make that for him. I won't make it often anymore as it's such a labor intensive meal and I've given up *labor intensive meals* for lint . Not really, I'm not Catholic but it does sound better than I'm just too lazy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to the Dollar Tree the other day and they have LOTS of Valentine's day items out and all are $1!!!! There are the heart boxed candies, a chocolate key candy that reads " the key to my heart"., and lots more. I just can't remember it all!

I don't know what we will do yet. I am sure DH will want to take me out to eat.

I will have to come back and see what others are doing and get ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't usually do much, maybe dinner out. Our anniversary is the 8th so they are so close togethor I may suggest we go out for one of the days and I will go DH his favorite meal the other day. However, we are going all out in the gift department , we are buying wood to build adirondack furniture for our patio. We have one chair and a table completed and need the wood for one more chair and two footrests. We really know how to have a good time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well seeing that i have no SO LOL I will just get the children something. No cooking anything special here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we will be going to Va for mil's wedding. one of the local radio stations hosts a mass wedding every year on valentines day. this is how dh and i got married, and now how she will get re married. it's early in the morning and the reception they have is a brunch buffet. i'm not sure what we are doing for dinner but i think we are going to a hockey game that evening. the freaky thing is that the radio station is having it on the same boat that they had it on when dh and i got married. this is only the second time they have done it on a boat. we'll pretty much be reliving our wedding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by heaven
    well seeing that i have no SO LOL I will just get the children something. No cooking anything special here.
    Heaven you should do something nice for you too! Your a special person and should be splurged on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH's favorite candy bars are Almond Joys, so I thought I'd get 5 or 6 of those and tie them up with red ribbon, and we also exchange letters, so his letter, and maybe a pair of those cheesy valentine boxers! I usually get a box of Godiva's, this year I asked for a SMALL box . DS will get a bunch of his favorite candy and a note!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Over the years I have learned to focus on me, not that I don't try to do something special for dh because I do. I usually get a beautiful plant, and I usually make him something. I bought a ceramic heart, I think I will paint it and write something nice on it

The best part of that day is that I will get my annual mammogram. It is an easy day to remember to love MYSELF. So this will; be my second annual "love myself mammogram"

Think about this even if you do not do it actually oin Valentines Day, it will help you remember when to gert it done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by mrscornbread

The best part of that day is that I will get my annual mammogram. It is an easy day to remember to love MYSELF. So this will; be my second annual "love myself mammogram"

Think about this even if you do not do it actually oin Valentines Day, it will help you remember when to gert it done.
    Great idea Robin! Already had mine done.