Valentine's Day what are you doing?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Valentine's Day what are you doing?

I already have all my boxes of chocolates for every one plus two extra. I buy them day after Christmas. 50% or less. Remove the Christmas covering and you have a great box of chocolates. No, they are not expired. They last a long time. Bought cards at dollar store 2/1.00. I just buy six and just cute out heart and write note for others. They are all wrapped with my leftover red Christmas wrap and bows. In the past I have done all kind of cute things, but the time it takes to do them is not what I am willing to do now. Declutter and clean are high on my free time list now.

My club at school is filling shoeboxes to sent to soldiers and veterans in the nearest hospital. We will make a card of each also. We call it "Valentine's for Veterans" I hope we make the veterans Valentine's day a little bit brighter.

What are you doing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

18eebugg,
    You are on top of it!!! I usually cash in discover points for restaurant gift cards for my three kids. I better get hopping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The typical things: card, flowers, dinner. It's what's liked and appreciated. Well, the actual day we'll be working, but this is the plan for a weekend sometime around Valentine's Day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Probably nothing too special. In the past I would have made a gourmet steak dinner with a fancy chocolate dessert, or DH would take me someplace fancy and expensive. Last few years we've just gone to our local favorite burger joint and indulged in some carbs, carcinogens and saturated fats. I have a recipe that makes exactly 2 small chocolate lava cakes, I may whip that up.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/14/01 I had 4 frozen embryos transferred that resulted in our son - our only child. So I usually get him a "bday gift" and then we go to dinner as a family and usually come home and watch a movie or play a game together. Nothing romantic it's a family affair. We give our parents a gift card to dinner somewhere with a card. Low key but special to us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're going to be staying home this year. Our anniversary is just a few days before, and we're going all out, so Valentine's this year will me more low-key. Maybe exchange cards and cook a nice dinner at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have season tickets and one of the performances falls on 02/14 so we'll do that. We might go out to eat before but nothing fancy - and we might not since the good restaurants will probably be packed. The day before (Thursday) the gift shop when I volunteer will be having a big V-Day sale so I'll probably be pooped. I also have to work on V-Day so unless I get out of work early, it'll be a full day. We exchange small gifts. I'm still looking for soft, fuzzy pajama pants for DD. Surprisingly, they were hard to find around Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will have just come back from vacation, getting company the 15th and our anniversary is a few days later ~so nothing much. I usually get dh and the boys a little chocolate and that is it. The boys are young adults and do not get excited like when they were young.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will likely be snuggled up by the fireplace after we cooked something at home! We have been married almost 9 years, but I still say we are newlyweds! I am lucky to have an amazing husband to spend time with doing nothing but being happy...ok I know I am a sap!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Staying home . We have to get a new puzzle though, the one we were working on is finished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I start one job at 6 am. Get off at 11:30 and then go directly to another job from 12-4. But at least that means I will be home early. We are planning to go to an Ethiopian place we have a 10$ off certificate for. DH's illness has all but destroyed any romance we had, so I'm not expecting much. At least we can have a nice dinner though. Bought DD a birdcage for her dollhouse. Have to get a card and some candy and mail it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't do squat for it, outside of a small gift for the kids, DD5 is getting earrings for her recently pierce ears, but I still have to pick up something for ds7. Hubby and I don't do anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hopefully a new DVD release will be out close to that date that we want to watch/buy and we'll pick up Pizza Hut and spend the night in at home, away from the masses. A girl can dream right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Getting ready to fly to Maui...spending it with Sophie and Kevin.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well it depends on the weather here this year since we've had so many snowstorms we haven't gotten out much. I have some new recipes that I would like to make. Maybe we'll make it dinner & a movie at home (: