How will you be celebrating this Valentine's Day?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question How will you be celebrating this Valentine's Day?

We don't really "do" Valentine's Day... usually just a nice dinner at home.  I did sneak a Valentine card into DH's lunch bag today, though. 

We'll be having t-bone steaks, corn, baked beans (all DH's favorite foods), and maybe scalloped potatoes for supper.  I'm also trying a new chocolate-cherry cookie recipe.  If it's any good I'll post it later. 

Whatever you're doing today,

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! 

ssn01
    Tourist

I know... most ppl think I'm weird...

i grew up in a household where I wasnt permitted to partake in holidays or celebrations or festivities. I was expected to go - but I was expected to work.
    Note: it was a highly sexist household (even after my father left, my mother lived the "girls deserve nothing" mentality).

So holidays have never been a biggie for me. Especially the commerically marketted holidays.

But I'm learning thru my BF's son that it doesnt have to be anything special. Who cares about cards & roses & candies on this holiday or giving/receiving gifts... it's about time spent.

This one is especially hard for me... growing up where I couldnt even celebrate my own birthday (girls dont deserve bdays)... but always had to help set up parties & buy gifts for my older bro's.

Today... we're doing nothing special. I said I wanted nothing as that's what I expect.

But maybe tonight a special dessert... in spite of memory perhaps!

Amy - your dinner sounds great (even to this vegetarian)!!!

Sue

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We gave each other chocolates this morning and we each got our fav kind. dd got a small box of reeces, I got dark chocolate Turtles and Mel got a big box of Whitmans. That's it for us. dd will have a party at school and we are having leftoevers for supper. Lots of hugs and kisses all day though

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Staying home and loving me.

I may cook some sort of comfort food, but haven't decided yet.

The perfect day for me is to spend it quietly, maybe crocheting or reading...in fact, maybe I will go out and buy myself a good read.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My late dad always made a point of doing something special for me and my mom, sometimes it was a heart box of candy sometimes a card...so I love to do the same for my family.....I gave the girls each a heart box of chocolates and a card, I got Joseph a big hershey kiss, a stuffed dog and a card and I got Tim a tin of cream savers and a card and a play station game.....I am making a pork roast with mashed potatoes and carrots, and for dessert a chocolate Valentines cake...later on Tim and I will be having strawberries in bed:smheart:....HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I was going to go to class, but since I'm sick- guess I'll just curl up in bed with a hot water bottle.

There are rib eye steaks and shrimp waiting to be cooked, but those might have to wait until my birthday now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Staying home since the weather is gloomy outside. Just another day for me. I think holidays are too commercialized, so I avoid buying anything Valentine related. I was going to make a batch of Valentine cookes but I'm just not in the mood.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got flowers delivered to me at work!!!! A bouquet of daisies, carnations, baby breath... in a coffee mug!!!!! Will be staying home for dinner tonight

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're having a nice dinner at home - grilled shrimp, zucchini pancakes (I'm going to surprise dh with that one - he thinks we're having green beans), and corn. (Ack! I need to remember to run out to the garden and snip some fresh parsley for the shrimp and zucchini pancakes!) Dessert will be an ice cream pie (similar to a recipe that Sinclairwife posted on here) and I'm making some mini pb cookies with Butterfinger hearts in them for ds.

I snuck out to my scrapbooking/card making supplies this morning and have a card started for ds (almost finished - just letting some glitter dry). Dh and I don't exchange cards or gifts really. I did get each of us a Green & Black's organic caramel filled chocolate bar as a treat though. (Ds mistakenly thinks he gets to eat pie, pb cookies, AND his chocolate bar all today though. ROFL!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH and I celebrated over the weekend. I got him the dvd Johnny English (he loves this movie!) and he took me out for a nice dinner last night. He also got me the funniest card and gave it to me yesterday. We bought the boys a huge package of their favorite red licorice last night.

I have to work tonight until 7 p.m. so we are not having anything fancy since the kids have to be at youth group by 7 p.m. also..

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's our 18th wedding anniversary, but we're not going anywhere tonite. The kids have activities, and actually hubby doesn't feel too well, so it will be a dinner at home for us. We can go out another night. I did buy a card and some tulips for him and some candy for the kids. I know I am loved!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With yesterday being our Anniv, today is instead all about the kids. We got them cards each and i am making htem their favorite dinner.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Home with my kids. I may have to get a bottle of wine or something, but as for any romance, that has to wait for another 11 days

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We all received chocolates. I hava always gotten a heart shaped box of chocolates for the boys and I think I always will. It is tradition. They also sold little bendy heart guys at school to be delivered to whomever you choose. Of course I had to send one to each of the boys.

DH is cooking supper for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I have been feeling under the weather for the past several days, hubby and I will go out to our favorite restaurant this Friday night. We did exchange cards and our favorite candy, and I gave Mickie a little heart shaped basket filled with candy, a stuffed frog holding a heart, and a cute card. I sent cards to my daughter, son & his wife and all the grandbabies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast