Frugal Village Forums banner

Waste not Wednesday 8/19

851 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mom23boys 
#1 ·
Good morning all. I've been up since 7:30 but hubby was on computer until he went to bed. So far I have had my 2 cup limit of coffee, made out my "pyramid challenge" list, clipped coupons out of a magazine, put a load of clothes in the dryer, restocked my Brisk Tea, paid cell phone bill online, and laid dinner out to thaw. I figured I take a small break to post here and then get back to knocking my list off. We are suppose to get rain, or so they say, but we were suppose to have thunderstorms yesterday and not even a drop hit us and we had some rain clouds pass over yesterday morning. Hope everyone has a wonderul Wednesday.

Cat

#2 ·
*Got everyone feed breakfast and off to school/work.
*2 loads of laundry washed and dried. We will fold and hang tonight when DH is home. (I normally am banned by DH from doing laundry, because I turn things colors and don't do it right. Let's see what he says when he gets home.)
*1 load of dishes done. Another needs to be loaded.
*Gone through the coupons and checked the grocery ads for this week.
*Played around on the computer.

Still need to:
*Take DS to the batting cage.
*Sign DS up for fall baseball.
*Register DD for the ACT.
*Pay the cable/phone/internet bill.
*Dinner
*Rest

Hope everyone has a safe and happy day!!!

#3 ·
I have been so busy all last week putting up fruits and veggies. I have blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, corn, tomatoes, squash, peaches. Whew!! I also put up several pints of Black Magic Cherries. Hopefully they will have a little"bounce"in them by Christmas! Hee Hee. It looks rainy today so I am trying to organize all the shelves in the basement and get things put away. It is a good feeling.Am going to the gym this afternoon for weights, then grilling out tonight. Hope you have a great day!

#4 ·
Another work day for me. I am on lunch break at the moment. Tonight is 'blitz' night which means that DS#3 and the rest of the football team will go around town selling discount card to businesses. I guess I will end up being a 'designated' driver for some of them.

We received some bad news today as well. The doctors told my mom and my step-dad that they have done all that they could for him and are now sending him home to die. They chose to be home with family and friends. My mom is not taking this very well...I am sure I would not be either. I plan to go back down to their homw Friday after work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.