Waste Not Wednesday, 12/8/10
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waste Not Wednesday, 12/8/10

Knock knock, Darlene, are you out there?!?! I better type fast as you and I are probably typing the same post! I am SO sorry that you have had to delete yours 2 days in a row. I'll check when I'm done. I have a tendency to drag my netbook around the house in between starting fires and watching news, and then I forget to check. Again, my bad!

Good morning! I am currently losing against the woodstove. When it's super windy out, it just doesn't get a good draft going. Oh well, at least I tried, right?

Today could be busy or could be relaxing. We'll see! I have work today, but I STILL need to take the games back to the store. The kids have church school after school, and that's our only activity for the night! Hooray!

I plan on hanging out with my kids tonight and maybe, just maybe, I'll wrap a present or two!

Have a great day!
    -Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ha ha, you know what's funny? I don't remember putting in the "scratches head" smilies! Although they fit the context of the sentence! Good stuff!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everybody!

I have been so busy lately, I have stopped posting daily...and I miss reading about everybody's day!

I will be working from home today, my (2) fellow coworkers are traveling this week so I only really have to go in to the office on Thursday (when they will be back). While I work from home, I would like to finish off the last of the laundry and maybe, just maybe, get some dusting done as my allergies are starting to act up.

Ever since the middle of November, I have fallen off of the frugal bandwagon as life has gotten crazy busy. I am trying to scramble back on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lol, Vanessa. I purposely waited til you posted. No worries, was funny how it was only a min. apart. Great minds....
    Had a nice phone call from dd this morn. She had her last night on her second job and sounds so happy. She was busy this weekend making cookies. Every year a few of the women in Dd's fiance's family get together & have a mega all day baking marathon baking enough cookies for all of them to divvy up for gifts. Dd brought home a tote full and Bonus I know I'll be the lucky recipient of some. Woot!

I've already done some housework and dh is out walking the dog. So cold today & silly cat doesn't seem to mind the weather and has been in & out since 4:30 about 4 times. She's currently in and napping. She hasn't used her litter box since early spring, I hope she remembers where it is and what it's for. Nice to save on litter and the cleaning but man, it's time.

Change in dinner plans, hubby wants to cook and we are having lasagna with no huge crunchy onions. We are out of cottage cheese for it so we'll raid the change jar & hubby will walk there & the po to pick up another gift I can cross of our list. Sure wish I could go with him, this sitting around is getting to me. I never realized how long a little toe could keep you from your normal life. It is getting better though. Patience Grasshopper.

I've got laundry to hang as soon as I'm done typing this.
    Still have that jigsaw puzzle going and I didn't get to that big kitchen job yesterday so we'll see.

"The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
    Bertrand Russell

Hope your day is wittingly sharp!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DF had a new cast put on, this one is more permanent - its firbeglass and he chose the colour himself....*drumroll* He chose NEON HOT PINK!!!

We plan on getting his errands done seeing as he's in a much better mood today. Haircut, banking, shopping for his godchildren seeing that we're probably seeing his friends this weekend while we boot it home.

Again - all else is gravy

BTW: Darlene - the doctor told us the sharp twinges of pain = your nerve healing itself and testing itself out and fusing together etc. Its supposed to be a 'good' thing. To me, pain is never good

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A 'wittingly sharp day' would work for me - Mahalo Darlene!! Please don't rush your toe - it deserves the time to heal!!

Think I am totally back to normal since that mild concussion on Monday - feel energized at least!!

Two big projects today - one at school to finish writing an IEP for tomorrow's meeting and at home to finish the scarf for the young man going to Japan on his mission.

Smaller project - want to make cabbage rolle for dinner.

It feels really great to have all packages mailed. Now DH and I need to start on our own Christmas cards - won't even mention it until this weekend!!

Have a great Wednesday friends!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning girls. Good luck with that fire Vanessa. Brrr. Darlene, I'm jealous. I'm fresh out of jigsaw puzzles to work. I can just see my DH rolling his eyes when he asks me what I want for Christmas...Me: "Oh wow, 3 or 4 new jigsaw puzzles would be great!." Eh, I'm easy to please and he hates when I don't ask for something different.
    Well I was up at 6:30, got my shower, took trash out, and headed into town to put my application in at 2 places to keep unemployment happy. I stopped off at the bank and deposited my change jar into checking account. When I got home I put clean dishes away and washed breakfast dishes. I could dust... if I really get bored. I got a phone call from work and I'm invited to a luncheon tomorrow. I'm there. On my second cup of coffee, need to do some reading, sorting and most likely will be twiddling my thumbs later. Dinner will be mac&cheese and a veggie, or French Toast. Tonight is The Sing Off so I'll record that while I'm watching Survivor. That should do it, hope you all have a great day.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Libby, nice to see your man is confident in his manliness to pull off a hot pink cast. Too funny!
    Good to know about the nerve thing. As I was hurting I was telling myself it was a good sign, my toe coming back to life so to speak. It could have done it without shouting at me though.

Cat, this isn't a new puzzle just one of the many we do over & over. I too wouldn't mind Santa bringing some new ones.

Take good care Mauimagic!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Howdy gang! Hope all you recoupers are feeling better! It was another cold day- I have to bundle up to go out or I freeze.I went to church this morning to help decorate for the Christmas program and cookie exchange, then stopped by DH's aunt to help her put up her tree and decorate. Did some Christmas shopping, had a Christmas package delivery and wrapped a couple of items. I am getting ready to go to the program, DH always misses it every year- he is never home much before 8. Will take pics for him. Have a good evening!