Waste Not Wednesday, 1/19/11
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waste Not Wednesday, 1/19/11

Good morning,

And we're off with a bang this morning. Lunches packed, and now I'm currently downstairs enjoying the fact that the woodstove fired right up for me. Thank you! It has been so warm here the past 5 or 6 days that we didn't even need to start it until last night. Of course dh couldn't help himself and burned one anyway, then later begged to open a window in our bedroom because the house was too hot. lol

Today it's finally snowing, but instead of 2 to 4 inches thru the night, it looks like barely 2 inches. We'll see what it does today.

Work as usual for me, but I am most excited about coming home tonight and STAYING home! I am going to let youngest dd know that no church school tonight, as the roads usually get icky out by the evenings.

Tonight I need to do laundry and wash ds's bedding. He has slept with me for 2 nights due to his sheets being ruined with pop from this weekend's sleepover. Never a dull moment!

Have a great day!
    -Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job on starting the fire with great ease nessa

Today I need to focus on 2 areas that need to be boxed up and stacked out of the way in prep for the big move of DF's stuff into the house - all his furniture etc. We've been slowly pitching, donating some of my stuff to make room. It will come to an end soon - the constant traveling back and forth - We're tired of leading the double life.

Already dropped DF at work with his lunch which was freshly made this am & his thermos of coffee. Unloaded dishwasher and reloaded, did a load of laundry which was done drying before the hydro rates went up at 7am. Just need to fold it.

Goal for today is the packing - and not being sick with this flu-like bug that struck me yesterday.

Oh and possibly call a few venues to ask questions re: wedding if time permits

Have a great day y'all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have alot on my list to do. Grandsons are at school, youngest daughter at school oldest had stuff to do, so she will be one all day. Hubby not sure if he is going to the shop today. I think he should because i need a day to myself!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, we are suppose to get a nice snow storm starting this afternoon. I really don't have much going on today, thank goodness. Probably just some boring cleaning.

I need to run on the treadmill this morning before I get too involved in the computer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning,

I thought I'd jump in if you don't mind. I work in home health care and my Wed client had to call off because she has family coming in today, so I have the day off! (not getting paid though )

On tap:

*Sweep and mop
    *Clean our bathroom
    *Scoop dog doo. Ick. Have to do it before the snow comes though.
    *Return trash cans to their spot
    *Clean microwave
    *Schedule the mortgage payment
    *Balance the checkbook

On the frugal side:

Laundry: Cold water, 1/2 detergent and hang to dry one load.
    All meals at home
    Not spending any money
    All lights off except in the rooms I'm working in
    Heat set at 66
    Leftover coffee in the thermos

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Off to a good start here too. So far I am on day 9 of staying home to keep our gas bill down this month. (will have to drive to library and grocery store soon though) I have the last of the laundry now hanging up to dry. We will be eating leftovers for lunch and the kids are on a roll with their school work. Now it's time to go through the grocery adds and see what I can get for cheap this week. That should help me plan our menu for next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are supposed to get the snow here also. Everything is stocked, the wood is in and all the vehicles are gassed up.I went to the gym this morning, then dropped off DH's vehicle to have new tires put on. Having lunch, then dropping off paperwork with our accountant. Home to work on a quilt this evening. Stay warm!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Work and rehearsal as usual. Going to the grocery store and then home. Don't have to cook tonight because DH is working late.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

very busy day today. leaving for a little thurs - sun getaway to the mountains w/ just dh and i! yeah!

took dd to dentist, then to school, then to mall to buy another outfit i needed, to tailor, to buy a belt i needed, came home. let dogs out and put back in crate. whent to = grocery. made food for sitter and dd...packed lunches for thurs and fri. made some turkey brst, mshd taters and rstd veggies for dinner (which dh did NOT eat....why did i cook it????) did laundry, changed and washed sheets. had cleaning lady here. need to get to bed as i have to be up at 4am for a very early flight out....