Waste not Wednesday Nov 21, 2012
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waste not Wednesday Nov 21, 2012

Normally, my day before Thanksgiving is spent, making pies and prepping for Turkey day. This year, we're getting together with dh's family, so I don't have to do as much.

I do need to go get some milk and syrup. We used an off brand of syrup yesterday, because that's all I had, and it wasn't very good.

I've unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and it's running now. I just rinsed yesterday's dishes, because we had a meeting to attend last night.

I'll do another load of laundry and finish cleaning up the house. I got almost everything done yesterday that I planned.

Not sure for dinner. Maybe something will catch my eye at the store today.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its been no waste here today so far. Made everyone breakky with leftover bbq steak and grilled veggies - made a scrambler and rolled it up in a tortilla with cheese. Wasted no time this AM by waking up early and going to the gym with my MIL - WOW those ladies are FIT for being 'older'. Put me to shame. My shape is round LOL Thats about it. Just simmering the cranberry sauce so it can sit and gain more flavour for tomorrow.

The plan for the afternoon, MIL and I are going to get mani's & pedi's before she has to go to work. Then we'll just hang out at the house and have a 'rest' day. Past three days in a row have been go go go! Poor dad...he needs a break.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took a nice long walk this morning. Roasted some carrots, anise, and parsnips in the oven. Made a big batch of gluten free PA dutch filling. Will do some light dusting and straightening up later today. This evening will put the turkey in oven. For a no cooking Thanksgiving ending up making a full thanksgiving dinner. Oh well, keep on telling myself I can freeze leftovers and have some for Christmas dinner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

went to lunch w/ a friend and got my prescription.
    Went to kmart to get DH some dress chinos as hes lost 35# and new dress shoes as he split them on his business trip last week. And he goes again Sun. I have to get tough stuff and cheaper because he crawls under desks cabling at times and goes to meeting others. Luckily,a gift for dad,4 pairs of dress pants,2 pair of shoes and a pair of slippers was on sale and only $139.

I am cooking today. Got the mincemeat pie done and the pumpkin in. Made the rolls and stuffing and am chilling the sparkling cider. Gonna head for the mash potaotes soon. Feet need a rest.