Waste Not Wednesday 2019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a few things off my to do list yesterday. Dgd came over and we replanted the cucumber plant and planted lettuce seeds. I'll repot the tomato plant today.

Going back to comcast. Wasn't thinking clearly. We currently have gigabyt internet. It was the cheapest deal 2 years ago. The only problem is our computer isn't capable of that speed. So why do I need to keep it. I'll see if they can drop us back to just regular internet. It didn't help that the guy helping me looked and sounded just like Patrick Mahomes. I really dislike utility companies.

I do need to get a load of laundry done. Dh was mowing next door at his brother's and ran over a dead squirrel. All the dust and fur was gross. I need to wash his clothes. Yuck! Dh is afraid he'll get sick now.

Going to visit and eat lunch with my parents and then dgd will come over later. That was planned before she came last night, so I can't disappoint her. I'll take her to the library too, to get her free book for the summer reading program. She loves the library. I wish her mom would take her more often, especially for story time and activities. Grandma can't do it all.

Not sure about dinner. Dh made some ham fried rice one night a few weeks ago for his lunch. It looked so good. May have him make it again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Incorporated some leftovers into supper and had leftovers for lunch. Re-making some fabric items into more useful things like dish towels and storage bags. Made muffins for breakfast since the oven was on for meatloaf.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/26 Not sure what all I'll do today. I usually visit my parents on Wednesday, but yesterday was mom's birthday and we went to Red Robin for our free birthday burgers.

I've been having back spasms and leg craps all night, so I'm not going over to visit today.

There's so much here I need to do, but just don't have the motivation. Dgd called first thing this morning and wanted to come over, but I told her this afternoon after her nap. Hopefully I can get a few things done before she comes.

We have a new computer desk that needs to be put together, but we need to clear out the current computer area so we have a place to put it. It is such a mess that I just don't know where to start.

I may grill some chicken for dinner tonight. Right now, nothing sounds good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/10 Today will be a slow day. Usually visit my parents, but not up to it today. Last night I did something to my back. I can't take a deep breath. I also have a bad cough. I think the back thing was from sitting on the stools at mcdonalds last night. It started on the way home. I couldn't sit comfortably. It is better than last night, but still hurts a lot. The cough is from a salesman at a store that was a smoker. All I have to do is smell it on your clothes and I end up with bronchitis.

Dgd is here, while mom is out of town. She didn't want to go. She's a big help and will help me do a few things here at home. She loves to do "work" and get paid.

Tonight we'll grill some steaks. Have rice and corn on the cob. Probably cook a few meatballs for dgd.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/17 Visited my parents today. It was short visit since I have dental appointment in a bit.

Not much else going on. Maybe do some more organizing of the desk area. Didn't get to it yesterday. Dgd and some of her cousins came over for a swim.

Didn't cook dinner yesterday. Dh wasn't hungry, so I'll be grilling chicken tonight. I made a salad yesterday and dh ate some of that last night. There is enough chicken to last a few days. I'm pretty sure we are going out for lunch tomorrow with our nephew who is in town for the week. I doubt I'll feel like eating tonight. Maybe something soft. I do have a sandwich in the fridge from yesterday.

Pretty boring day here. It's getting hot, so won't be doing much outside this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/24 Going to visit my parents today and then to babysit the grandbabies.

Didn't get anything done yesterday that I planned or we planned for the evening. Seems like everyone else has something going on and then needs help with it. I guess we need to learn to say no. Unfortunately, no one bothers to help us out. Oh well. That's life. We are just too nice.

Tonight, hopefully, we'll get to pulling up the carpet squares throughout the house. They were put down because the two big dogs couldn't walk on the kitchen floor or one of the bedrooms. Those need to be taken up and the sticky leftovers need to be clean up. That may just have to wait until ds leaves. Too many other things to do. We just have too much stuff. I know dh won't go through it and get rid of anything. He's always on me about throwing stuff out, but when it comes to him, it doesn't always happen. Maybe because we end up in a rush and it's just easier to stuff it in a box and stash it somewhere.

I'd better get a load of laundry started before I leave. I can put it in the dryer when I get back. I don't like to run the dryer while I'm gone. I have a fear of it catching fire. It's old too, so that doesn't help.

Maybe we'll get something done today. I have no idea for dinner tonight. Just not feeling it.

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm in a mood. Got woken up too many times. Not enough good sleep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/31 Cool temps and rain here. Can't believe this month is over.

Not much going on today. I thought about going to the DMV, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. Since it's the last day of the month, it may be really busy. I have time. Just need to do it before Saturday.

Yesterday, I felt a bit better and got a couple of loads of laundry done and a couple more folded and put away. I could do some more laundry. Maybe I'll do another load, something that doesn't need to be folded right away. Still feeling a bit weak. Appetite still isn't there. I'm not eating much, but making sure I drink plenty.

Dinner may be another fend for yourself. There are some leftovers in there. Ds and Dh are going to lunch at their favorite Chinese restaurant. I asked them to bring me some soup. It will be a late lunch, so I don't really need to worry about dinner. I think dgd is spending the night. She loves her uncle and likes being here while he's visiting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/7 It was raining this morning, now it is sunny. We needed the rain. Glad it wasn't too much.

Visited my parents today and ate lunch with them. I'll be glad when school starts next week. It is so chaotic with my sister's grandkids there. I can't wait to get out of there. But feel bad that my parents deal with it. The like having the kids there, but man it's crazy. I won't take my dgd there when everyone is there. It's such a mess.

Ds took care of the DMV from last week. It's his vehicle and since he was here visiting he went himself.

I'm taking dgd to her lesson tonight and then she'll come home with me for a short visit. She loves coming here.

I need to start another load of laundry and get the dishes loaded in the dishwasher. I wasn't feeling well last night, so just rinsed them.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers or whatever you find. Dh will probably make some fried rice from the leftover pork chops from last night. I'll probably stop and McD's and get dgd a happy meal, unless she wants chow mein from Panda express. She likes getting a special treat after her lesson.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/14 It has been a beautiful day. I took dgds and their mom to a farm. They had so much fun. Dgd loved feeding the goats. It was a nice day. It wasn't too hot or humid. I know this is something we'll talk about for a long time. Dgd said that was her job. That's where she works. She's funny.

We came home and dgd should take a nap and then I'll take her to her lesson tonight and then home. I doubt I'll get anything else done today.

Dinner...well, we'll see. We stopped at McD's on the way home, so I may not be hungry. Maybe I'll make some fried rice for dh so he'll have lunch tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12