Waste Not Wednesday 2019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a few things off my to do list yesterday. Dgd came over and we replanted the cucumber plant and planted lettuce seeds. I'll repot the tomato plant today.

Going back to comcast. Wasn't thinking clearly. We currently have gigabyt internet. It was the cheapest deal 2 years ago. The only problem is our computer isn't capable of that speed. So why do I need to keep it. I'll see if they can drop us back to just regular internet. It didn't help that the guy helping me looked and sounded just like Patrick Mahomes. I really dislike utility companies.

I do need to get a load of laundry done. Dh was mowing next door at his brother's and ran over a dead squirrel. All the dust and fur was gross. I need to wash his clothes. Yuck! Dh is afraid he'll get sick now.

Going to visit and eat lunch with my parents and then dgd will come over later. That was planned before she came last night, so I can't disappoint her. I'll take her to the library too, to get her free book for the summer reading program. She loves the library. I wish her mom would take her more often, especially for story time and activities. Grandma can't do it all.

Not sure about dinner. Dh made some ham fried rice one night a few weeks ago for his lunch. It looked so good. May have him make it again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Incorporated some leftovers into supper and had leftovers for lunch. Re-making some fabric items into more useful things like dish towels and storage bags. Made muffins for breakfast since the oven was on for meatloaf.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/26 Not sure what all I'll do today. I usually visit my parents on Wednesday, but yesterday was mom's birthday and we went to Red Robin for our free birthday burgers.

I've been having back spasms and leg craps all night, so I'm not going over to visit today.

There's so much here I need to do, but just don't have the motivation. Dgd called first thing this morning and wanted to come over, but I told her this afternoon after her nap. Hopefully I can get a few things done before she comes.

We have a new computer desk that needs to be put together, but we need to clear out the current computer area so we have a place to put it. It is such a mess that I just don't know where to start.

I may grill some chicken for dinner tonight. Right now, nothing sounds good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/10 Today will be a slow day. Usually visit my parents, but not up to it today. Last night I did something to my back. I can't take a deep breath. I also have a bad cough. I think the back thing was from sitting on the stools at mcdonalds last night. It started on the way home. I couldn't sit comfortably. It is better than last night, but still hurts a lot. The cough is from a salesman at a store that was a smoker. All I have to do is smell it on your clothes and I end up with bronchitis.

Dgd is here, while mom is out of town. She didn't want to go. She's a big help and will help me do a few things here at home. She loves to do "work" and get paid.

Tonight we'll grill some steaks. Have rice and corn on the cob. Probably cook a few meatballs for dgd.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/17 Visited my parents today. It was short visit since I have dental appointment in a bit.

Not much else going on. Maybe do some more organizing of the desk area. Didn't get to it yesterday. Dgd and some of her cousins came over for a swim.

Didn't cook dinner yesterday. Dh wasn't hungry, so I'll be grilling chicken tonight. I made a salad yesterday and dh ate some of that last night. There is enough chicken to last a few days. I'm pretty sure we are going out for lunch tomorrow with our nephew who is in town for the week. I doubt I'll feel like eating tonight. Maybe something soft. I do have a sandwich in the fridge from yesterday.

Pretty boring day here. It's getting hot, so won't be doing much outside this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/24 Going to visit my parents today and then to babysit the grandbabies.

Didn't get anything done yesterday that I planned or we planned for the evening. Seems like everyone else has something going on and then needs help with it. I guess we need to learn to say no. Unfortunately, no one bothers to help us out. Oh well. That's life. We are just too nice.

Tonight, hopefully, we'll get to pulling up the carpet squares throughout the house. They were put down because the two big dogs couldn't walk on the kitchen floor or one of the bedrooms. Those need to be taken up and the sticky leftovers need to be clean up. That may just have to wait until ds leaves. Too many other things to do. We just have too much stuff. I know dh won't go through it and get rid of anything. He's always on me about throwing stuff out, but when it comes to him, it doesn't always happen. Maybe because we end up in a rush and it's just easier to stuff it in a box and stash it somewhere.

I'd better get a load of laundry started before I leave. I can put it in the dryer when I get back. I don't like to run the dryer while I'm gone. I have a fear of it catching fire. It's old too, so that doesn't help.

Maybe we'll get something done today. I have no idea for dinner tonight. Just not feeling it.

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm in a mood. Got woken up too many times. Not enough good sleep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/31 Cool temps and rain here. Can't believe this month is over.

Not much going on today. I thought about going to the DMV, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. Since it's the last day of the month, it may be really busy. I have time. Just need to do it before Saturday.

Yesterday, I felt a bit better and got a couple of loads of laundry done and a couple more folded and put away. I could do some more laundry. Maybe I'll do another load, something that doesn't need to be folded right away. Still feeling a bit weak. Appetite still isn't there. I'm not eating much, but making sure I drink plenty.

Dinner may be another fend for yourself. There are some leftovers in there. Ds and Dh are going to lunch at their favorite Chinese restaurant. I asked them to bring me some soup. It will be a late lunch, so I don't really need to worry about dinner. I think dgd is spending the night. She loves her uncle and likes being here while he's visiting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/7 It was raining this morning, now it is sunny. We needed the rain. Glad it wasn't too much.

Visited my parents today and ate lunch with them. I'll be glad when school starts next week. It is so chaotic with my sister's grandkids there. I can't wait to get out of there. But feel bad that my parents deal with it. The like having the kids there, but man it's crazy. I won't take my dgd there when everyone is there. It's such a mess.

Ds took care of the DMV from last week. It's his vehicle and since he was here visiting he went himself.

I'm taking dgd to her lesson tonight and then she'll come home with me for a short visit. She loves coming here.

I need to start another load of laundry and get the dishes loaded in the dishwasher. I wasn't feeling well last night, so just rinsed them.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers or whatever you find. Dh will probably make some fried rice from the leftover pork chops from last night. I'll probably stop and McD's and get dgd a happy meal, unless she wants chow mein from Panda express. She likes getting a special treat after her lesson.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/14 It has been a beautiful day. I took dgds and their mom to a farm. They had so much fun. Dgd loved feeding the goats. It was a nice day. It wasn't too hot or humid. I know this is something we'll talk about for a long time. Dgd said that was her job. That's where she works. She's funny.

We came home and dgd should take a nap and then I'll take her to her lesson tonight and then home. I doubt I'll get anything else done today.

Dinner...well, we'll see. We stopped at McD's on the way home, so I may not be hungry. Maybe I'll make some fried rice for dh so he'll have lunch tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I should be going to visit my parents today. I don't feel 100%, not even 50%. I know I should go visit them, but I just don't feel like it. Luckily most of the kids are back in school and it will just be the little ones.

I have a delivery coming today too. It's supposed to rain on and off all day, so there's another reason I don't want to go. I guess I'll go for a little bit, just so I can say I went.

I've been feeling a bit down the past two days. I guess because I'm never thanked or acknowledged for anything I do for ds and his family. I should take that back. Ds does say thank you and so does dgd. It's dil that doesn't. She'll post stuff on facebook and won't give a shoutout to me for anything. She'll tag and thank everyone else, but not me. I know why, but it still stings. So many times I just want to post, "oh btw, you're welcome". But I don't. Sorry for getting off topic, but that's why I'm not accomplishing much. I just need to suck it up and move on.

We'll probably get something for dgd for dinner on the way home. I'm thinking I may make some fried rice after I get back from my parents. We can eat some for dinner and at the very least dh will have lunch for tomorrow and Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/28 I should be visiting my parents, but just didn't feel like it this week. I did go last week. I'm hoping the sickness is just allergies. Both dgds have been a little sick.

I feel a bit overwhelmed by everything i should do. I just have no motivation for anything right now. I have a list a mile long and just don't even care. I think I'll break that list down a bit into some little things I know I can get done. Then maybe I'll feel like I've accomplished something. The weather has been cooler and I feel like I should be doing some things outside, but nope, not happening. I told dh last night I feel like we are always doing for everyone else and everything is falling down around us. I know it's not that bad, but that's how it feels. Tonight dh has to go clean his parents house. Last time it took him two hours. I'll just do what I can and try to be happy.

I need to see what I have in the freezer for dinner. I'll see if the buns are still good, if so, I think there were some chicken patties in the freezer. Maybe we'll just have that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The temps are cooler today. Wish it had been that way all weekend. It was too hot and humid to get anything done outside. Tonight will be mowing and cleaning up the yard.

Going to visit my parents and have lunch with them. Taking the new puppy with me. I don't want to leave him here with the other dogs. He'd be in a crate, but you never know. Our other small dog isn't too sure. He's fine sitting with me and the new puppy, but if dh has the new puppy, he isn't happy. It will take time and I'm sure they'll be good friend. Ds' dogs are okay. The bigger one is a little rough so we have to watch them closely.

New puppy did well sleeping in the soft carrier last night. I put him in the bed next to me and left the tv on all night. He slept until 4am and really started whimpering. I took him to the potty pads and he pottied and then I let him play for a little bit to see if it would tire him out. Slept until 9am. He hasn't peed, but he pooped in the hallway while I was giving the other dog a bath. That's okay, poop is much easier to clean up. He'll get the hang of it. Once we get the yard mowed, and I get him on flea meds he'll be going outside more and hopefully learn to do his business outside.

I need to clean the kitchen. Ds and family came over last night to see the new puppy and then they ate a pizza and then dh prepped his lunches for the rest of the week. So...they all left me a big mess.

Dinner tonight may be a jambalya mix I picked up at aldi. I have some turkey kielbasa in the freezer. It will be quick and easy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, you pay for a service and if they don't do their job, then they can't expect to be paid.

I think today will be pizza for dinner for the family. And hatch chile spaghetti for me. DH said he could eat pizza everyday. I will try to make pizza. I have a great Italian cooking magazine and their recipes look good.

I walked with DS2 to the bus stop and he is not pleasant in the morning. I try to be humorous but he wasn't having it.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another nice late summer morning. Cool enough to open some windows, but won't stay that way. Laundry and unpacking to finish up.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9/11 I'll never forget this day, 18 years ago.

Today dgd & I will be going to visit my parents. She is one of 5 great grandchildren and my parents don't get to see her very often. My mom asked me to stop and get chicken nuggets from McDs on the way for the little kids. It's better for me to do it than for my dad to try and get out. They are at a point they really shouldn't be driving.

Dgd & I are making cookies right now. Just the Pillsbury ones that you break apart and bake. She was excited. Dh & I are both a little under the weather. We got sick from dgd.

Puppy and older dog are getting along better. I thought I was going to have to make a vet visit, but did some reading online and have been trying to keep a close on them. I kept the puppy from jumping on the other dog and fed them at different times so they each got their own attention. One of ds' dogs likes to get into the other dogs' food, so I have to stand guard over the little ones.

I'll have dgd until daddy gets home tonight. Then I think I'll get a one day break. For some reason, dh wants her here every day. I know he loves her, but she needs to be with her parents. She can be a real handful sometimes and I think it's because she basically has two sets of parents. Let her parents raise her. Dh doesn't understand that I need a mental break from her. I love her more than anything, but I need a break.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast