Waste Not Wednesday 2019 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9/18 Still having stomach issues. Got in to see the Gastro doc (nurse Practitioner) today. She jumped all over me for not coming in regularly. Sorry, I have to pay out of pocket and don't want to spend extra $$ if I don't have to. I just have my PCP take care of my prescriptions. Anyway, I walked out with 12 pages of lab tests. That would cost over $700. I can't get any meds until the test results come back in two weeks. Sorry, I might end up in the ER by then. I suddenly felt better. Tummy issues subsided a bit. She did give me a list of things like metamucil, probiotics and immodium to take while we wait. I started that.

I came home and set up an appointment with a new PCP (mine retired). His interests are chronic diseases, so maybe he'll work with me on the crohns or recommend a new GI doctor.

Anyway, dh and I will run to the store for a few things to get by until payday. He needs fruit and I need some mild, calming foods to eat.

I still need to get the laundry done. I do feel a bit better otherwise, so maybe I'll get something done today.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. I just don't feel like eating. I did manage to eat half a baked potato for lunch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still have a sinus issue. I think it's an infection. The bridge of my nose is sore and swollen now. Hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon. It's painful. Feels like I've been punched in the nose.

Visited my parents today. They ordered pizza for lunch. I brought a couple of pieces home for dgd. She's spending the night tonight. Daddy had to work from home and needed some quiet time. I picked her up on my way home. She won't like my dinner, so she can have the pizza. We are having bbq beef on buns from the leftover pot roast.

I do need to go to the bank, but I'll wait til dh gets home. We may do a bit of work on the yard. There are a few things we'd like to get done before winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tired of this itchy nose. As soon as the antibiotics are finished, I'm starting some allergy meds. This is nuts.

Going to visit my parents today. Then I'm not sure what I'll do. I got dgd a little pumpkin to paint. It turned out really cute. I think I'm going to get a few more so we can add them to the Halloween decor. Maybe they'll have some other cute things to paint also. It was $1 and she loves to paint and is getting better at it. Cheap fun for her.

I made the fritatta last night and it turned out great, except we ended up going to eat the bil. Dh took some of the fritatta to work for lunch, ds ate some last night and we'll have the rest with some fried potatoes tonight. Also have a bowl of green chili stew leftover also. Take your pick. I won't eat much so there should be enough left of something for dh to take for lunch tomorrow.

I'll start looking at the sale ads and making a list for shopping. I may do my target shopping tomorrow. The debit card doesn't post for a few days, so I can go a day early just to get that off the list.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just remembered to check my CVS Extrabucks and there was $8 from the quarterly spending and refilled prescription. So I need to get to CVS and use that before hubby does.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was going to go to my parents for lunch today, but I just don't feel up to it. My tongue now has sores on it, making it hard to eat. This sinus thing just won't go away. I've finished the antibiotics. I don't want to go back to the doctor. I'm kind of in limbo doctor wise. Mine retired and I have a new patient appointment next month. Right now my only option is urgent care and I've done that.

Stopped and walmart market last night to get some more ensure, yogurt and broccoli cheese soup. I should be go food wise. I also got some tooth/mouth ointment for the pain in my mouth.

Dgd will come over later this afternoon and help me finish the halloween decor. She loves my house. She tells us that all the time. I think she loves coming over because she's allowed to run and yell all she wants. She doesn't get to do that at home. She has so much energy she needs to let go of, so we just let her have at it. She also loves to help us do things at our house. She's such a sweet girl.

Tonight's dinner will most likely be jambalaya for dh and I'll have ensure or soup. Dh should have leftovers for the rest of the week for lunch.

I do have some laundry to finish up too. Dgd can help me fold all the wash cloths. She loves doing that. She even sorted them by color the last time. It was so cute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's been a busy week. Temps have been great. Got a lot done this weekend. CLeaned the deck, put away all the pots for the winter. Got the bird feeder ready. Cleared one flower bed and started on another. We will finish that one tonight. Dh cleaned the yard and mowed yesterday. Spent yesterday with dgd. She was such a pleasant little girl yesterday. SHe's been having some behavioral issues lately. She just needs to stay busy.

Today I'm going to visit my parents for lunch. Haven't seen them in a while since I've been sick. Finally broke down and got a prednisone dose pack. The infection and inflammation are gone. I feel so much better. I wish there was something like prednisone that was safe to take everyday so I could have this much energy. It's been great the past few days.

Dinner tonight will most likely be chicken and vegetables. We are really trying to eat healthier and at home. So far so good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you tried eating fresh garlic daily, @jettsmom? That works for me. I put two cloves in my salad each night. I'm glad you are feeling better. I got a lot done today, too. I worked on my alpaca blanket that I'm re-knitting. I've picked most of the pomegranates, and have been sharing them with neighbors. I fed several of the citrus trees homemade compost, and watered it into the earth. Then, I replaced the mulch. I did another load of laundry, vacuumed, and plan to polish the furniture. It feels good to be home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by carfree View Post
    Have you tried eating fresh garlic daily, @jettsmom?
    I've forgotten about using garlic. I'll have to give it a try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Watching dgds this morning. After they leave I have to go visit my parents. Probably won't make it for lunch. My mom has dgd's birthday gift and I need to pick it up. Maybe dgd should go with me for a little visit. We'll see when mommy gets back.

I have to change the sheets on the bed. Papa gave dgd some chocolate this morning and she just have dropped a piece and it melted on the sheets. I'll have to wash blankets too. What a mess.

I really need to get the house cleaned and organized. I just feel so out of it and not wanting to do anything. The house isn't bad, but right now it feels out of control. I've been really tired. Stay up way to late and then wake up every couple of hours to take the puppy to potty. He's still not doing well. He does okay during the day, but at night he just pees everywhere. He won't potty outside. He runs around and plays and then comes in a pees on the floor. You'd think with 3 other dogs, he'd get it. But nope! Eventually it will click. Our next youngest dog was the same way and then one day...now he just poops by the front door sometimes when he can't hold it and we're not home. I think I'll be happy once ds takes his dogs back. They are really starting to wear on me.

Don't plan to spend any money today. Oh wait, I need to pick up brakes for the van. It's on the way home from my parents. Then I need to get oil for two of the vehicles. I think that can wait for tomorrow or Friday. Never stops. Dh has to clean his parents house tonight.

Dinner tonight will be chicken and some vegetables. There's some veggies left from dinner the other night and I'll probably make another vegetable and maybe try out the riced cauliflower.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jett- Sounds like a lot of cleaning for you between the pup and the chocolate....I hope things get better real soon.

There's the church bake sale this weekend. So, not very frugal for me today as I'll be making bacon cheesy bread (2) and possibly lemon cake or something for it. I'm always requested to bring lemon cake. The ingredients will be pricey. My guess is $7 for 2 breads and $3 for lemon cake and $3 for pans. They usually make about $1000 at the sale over the weekend.

I have leftover chicken from the crockpot and may do an open face sandwich with Italian bread and gravy mix for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a lot of work! cat drives me nuts just w her peeing. i am sure your mom would love seeing you dgd and giving her the present.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have left over ground beef that I need to use up tonight before it's been in the fridge just one too many days. Going to see about making some spaghetti or tacos tonight with it.

Used a chick-fil-a free sandwich coupon for lunch although they require that you buy a drink and fries so that came out to $4, not sure I will do that again next time. Also because the line was crazy long at lunch time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another dreary day here. We're supposed to get snow too. Yuck. Not ready for that. What happened to fall? I did look ahead and next week should be pretty nice.

Yesterday was dgd's birthday. By the end of the day, I was tired. I don't think I have it in me to do many more of these birthdays. It just takes too much out of me. I think she had a good day.

I ordered pizza for dinner last night and went to pick it up. There was a lady being really rude, and lots of people waiting. Another lady asked about her food and the first one snapped back and then they started arguing. It got pretty ugly. I felt bad for one lady, she was there with her dgd, probably 8-9yo, the language. I thought it was going to turn physical. I got my phone out ready to call 911. Then they started spitting. What's up with that? I was the last one, so I asked the worker if that happened often. She said weekly. It was just the first lady and she does the same thing every week. Guess Pizza Hut is out. I won't be going back there. That part of town and gotten a little crazy.

Dh is home today and we'll piddle around here. I'm sure he'll be busy with his mom later this afternoon.

Dinner tonight???? I'm too tired to think about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another beautiful day here. Going to get a lot done. Dh will come home early to work on the yard. He's going to mow/mulch the leaves for the neighbor next door. He's trying to get his house ready to sell. It's been a rental for quite a while and the last people really tore it up. Dh told him he'd take care of the leaves. It's a small front yard, so it won't take that much longer. I can't believe we are finally getting some of the things done around here. Tomorrow will be really cold. Then I think it warms back up for a few days. Maybe we'll go ahead and set up the Christmas decor outside, so we aren't out in freezing temps trying to do it like every other year.

We are having our house appraised either to sell or refinance. If we refinance and it goes like we hope, we should be completely debt free, including the house, in less than 8 years. Just not sure what we'll do just yet. If we don't refinance, we may just sell and move to a one level home, if we can find one. They are really hard to come by around here.

In prepping for the appraisal, we've been cleaning up the inside too. I just can't believe how much stuff we have. I've thrown out quite a bit of trash and I know I could fill the back of my car several times with stuff to donate. I need to divide the toys up and give them to my sons. They can deal with it. I asked if they wanted me to sell the stuff, but they said they want it, but of course they don't want to take it to their homes. Oh well, if they don't take it now, they can deal with it when I'm gone. It's just nuts how much we have. I see all the fabric I have. Just way too much. Time to get sewing or find a good home for it. I told dh that if I'd just spend just 30 minutes twice a day, I could knock so much out. The past few days has shown me how much time I waste on nothing.

My first project starting on Thursday, is dgd quilt. Then I want to make another one for my other dgd. They just put her in a big girl bed. She needs a special blanket from grandma. Then I may just put together some more baby quilts for my future great grandchildren. That's a long time off, but they will be done. I'll also see what other things I can make for Christmas. I would like to make some quilted coasters for myself.

Not sure about dinner again. Last night we just ate whatever we found. Just too tired and busy to cook, but we aren't eating out either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom I hope you find time to work on the quilts, I enjoy sewing so much. Many of us talk about our projects under forum Challenges - Stash Management - because the goal is to work on using up your "stash" of craft stuff.
    You could also make some re-usable gift bags (instead of wrapping paper) from fabric, ribbons, etc. Potholders, place mats, cloth napkins, and so on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123