Waste Not Wednesday 2019
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waste Not Wednesday 2019

Instead of starting a new thread each day, I'm going to post under this one thread each week. Feel free to post also.

4/10 I'm going to visit my parents today and eat lunch with them.

Tonight I'll take dgd to her practice so her dad can do some work at home without distractions.

Not sure what dinner will be. I have plenty in the pantry and freezer. Trying to eat better. I think the arthritis is setting in. I know the junk I eat is what is causing most of my pain and weight.

I want to look for a new bird feeder for the yard. I already have a shepherds hook and want to get something to hang from it. My deck feeder will become a flower box for the summer with a couple of hummingbird feeders attached. I have a rebate from one of the stores so it shouldn't cost me anything out of pocket.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nice! need to find places for all our bird houses that the cats can't get too or be in the heat. so not much. had planned side of garage since we finally got that small piece of land back after years. but then dh did my thinking for me and said to the neighbour put the high fence all the way to the back so now can't put them there because the cats will get them. was going to hang them on the side of the garage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/17 Cloudy day today, storm coming tonight.

Need to lay some sod pieces before the rain tonight. Hopefully we can get that done.

Not feeling well today. Not sure what it is, but not feeling like doing much of anything. So far it will be a stay at home day.

Last night we laid some carpet squares at the inlaws and installed the washer and dryer. Probably won't get back to the floor until Friday.

Dgd is spending the night since she won't be here this weekend. That little girl has papa wrapped around her finger.

Not sure about dinner now. Needs to be something dgd likes and will eat. We may just take her to McD's unless I think of something else.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/24 Going to visit and eat lunch with my parents today. Dgd may be coming with me. Waiting for a call to see what's going on.

Need to finish up a load of laundry. Towels always take more than one cycle to dry. Drives me nuts. Then start another load.

We'll do more work at the inlaws. We'll be so happy when that is finished. Just needs a few things hung/attached and the bathroom and bedroom need a good cleaning and we will be done. Then to set up the beds. The rest is up to the other siblings. They need to help too.

Dinner will be chicken with leftover mashed potatoes, rice, green beans and broccoli. Kind of a clean out the fridge day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much happening today since it is rainy and yucky. Took the puppy to the vet for 2nd set of puppy shots and then back home. Leftovers for supper so an easy day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/1 Happy May Day!!!

Stopped at the library this morning to pick up the books I requested. They were all in, so that's done for the month.

Picked up dgd and we went to have lunch with my parents. My niece's kids are there too, so she has someone to play with. Came home and now we'll have nap time. Hopefully I can get a few things done while she's asleep. We stopped at McDonalds for a "soda lushy". She loves the frozen cola. She needs a lot of encouragement and things to make her feel happy right now and I knew that would do it.

Need to make some new nectar for the hummingbirds. I've seen two. Hopefully we'll get more once they figure out there is food for them here. I love my little hummingbird area. I got some flower boxes and put them in the bird feeder we use for the winter. Then got a hanger that connects to the deck and hung two hummingbird feeders on it. We love it and dgd loves watching the birds.

It isn't raining now, but will rain again tonight. It is so wet and the grass is getting tall, too wet to mow.

I have ham and bean soup in the crockpot. I'll probably make mac & cheese for me and dgd. I'm having tummy troubles (crohns) so bean soup probably isn't the best for it. We'll see, I may just eat a little just because it's sooo good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/8 Started off raining this morning, but has cleared up for now. It's supposed to rain again tonight. Ugh!!!!

Didn't sleep well. We have one dog this is terrified of storms. The two big dogs got me up at 4:00 this morning then the phone rang and someone had hit inlaws tree. I don't know why they had to wake us up for that, the police had already been called. Never did go back to sleep. Tried, but no luck. My head hurts.

I was hoping to go to Joanns to pick up a few cake items. Dh wants a good cake for his birthday and he watched youtube trying to find the perfect cake. So I'm going to pick up so new pans, because I don't have that size and some bake strips. I know we could probably just make some, but with the coupon it's not a bad price. And it will be cheaper than Amazon. Dgd will spend the night so it will be a good time to test out a cake before our birthdays. She loves cake. I also need to pick up a few other items from the grocery store.

Dinner will be grilled chicken and rice

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/15 Another sunny day. I'm afraid our spring is gone and used up by too much rain. Now it's starting to turn hot.

Visited my parents today. My mom made my favorite meal for lunch for my birthday this week. It's so yummy. Macaroni, tomato, hamburger with fried potatoes and cucumber salad. Cheap, easy and delicious. Brought home some leftovers for dinner tonight.

Put a load of laundry in to wash before I left. Still need to put it in the dryer.

Dh will mow the lawn tonight, hopefully. Always seems like something comes up and we don't get everything finished. Needs a good edging this time too.

Time to pick out the paint and get started painting before it gets way too hot to do anything.

Kitchen is cleaned finally, now I need to declutter. For some reason everything gets dumped on the kitchen counters or doesn't get put away. Drives me nuts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/22 Waiting for the next storm to come in. It looks like it could rain any minute. Got the dogs out to potty before it starts.

Visited my parents and had lunch with them. Mom cooked frozen pizzas. She's getting better at not spending a lot of money on lunch for us. Last week was my birthday and I was fine with her cooking my favorite meal. Nice and cheap. Everyone else goes out to eat for their birthdays and my parents foot the bill. If I'm there, I always contribute, but most times, I'm not able to go.

Not sure if we'll do anything tonight. Maybe get gas for the mower and fill the propane tanks. We've rediscovered grilling. It's quick, easy and oh so yummy. If we don't get out, we'll be just piddle around her. Always lots to do. If the rain hold off, we need to paint a white spot on the house to test some of the paint we've picked out. Putting it on the house as is, nothing looks quite right. I think I have the color picked, just want to see it not on top of what's already there.

Dinner will be shrimp and rice. Dh's choice. We're again trying not to eat out. Dh even helps with the grilling. We save so much and we eat healthier and less when we do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/29 We made it through the storms last night with about 5 minutes of rain. Other areas weren't so lucky. Hope everyone affected by these storms is okay.

We went to home depot last night for dh to get some things for work. We ended up at Sonic for 1/2 price burgers. So, tonight we will have the steak and broccoli stir fry I was going to do last night.

I visited my parents today. I wasn't going to go, because the little dog came in smellling horrible. He had to have another bath. I don't know what he is doing out there, but it's got to stop. When I told my mom I probably wouldn't make it, because I hadn't showered yet, I could tell she was disappointed. I hurried and got everything done and made it almost on time. Just a little bit late.

Today, I will start working on the mound of laundry. Since the little dog has had a bath for the past 3 days, the towels have piled up.

We were able to get the back yard mowed, before the "storm". We still need to use the weed eater and maybe mow the front. The front isn't as bad as the back. Maybe we'll do that tonight. Not really much else going on here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/5 Didn't get to the laundry yesterday. Maybe today. I don't know. Still feeling a little down since losing two dogs this weekend.

I will go visit my parents for lunch today. They enjoy us visiting them.

Go to Walmart to pick up some picture frames I ordered. We do a collage of picture when a pet passes away and I couldn't find the one I wanted in store. Also need to get cat food and some light bulbs for the inlaws.

Dgd called first thing this morning and wanted to come over. I told her maybe this afternoon. We want to get started on the exterior of the house. Dh wants to try and powerwash it tonight. We already bought the paint. There was a rebate at home depot.

Not sure about dinner. Probably pull some porkchops out of the freezer for dh and I'll have a tuna sandwich. My crohns is acting up and that helps to calm it down.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your dogs. It is always hard to lose a furry friend. Enjoy your collage and the happy memories.

Staying home, doing some crafts, sorting the in sewing room. Leftovers for lunch. DH has free movie tickets for tonight, I think we get popcorn and a drink. Will have a snack before I go and call that dinner. Trying to figure out what the smell in the kitchen is coming from. Poured bleach down the sink, sprayed Lysol all over the inside of the dishwasher.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Check your refrigerator. We had water leaking under the drawers. We took everything apart and cleaned it and found one of the water hoses for the ice/water was crimped and had to replace it. Smell gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/12 Going to visit my parents and eat lunch with them.

Need to go to walmart for oil and filter for ds' car. Happy father's day, son! Also want to pick up some gardening supplies. Dgd keeps talking about planting lettuce, so I'll get a pot and some seeds and we'll plant some lettuce.

Will also stop at Aldi for some fruit and baking supplies. Dgd has some issues and I'm going to try some gluten free/sugar free items to make banana bread and cookies for her to see if that does any good. Really trying to get her to eat better.

We'll take ds' car back tonight. Dh took it to have new tires put on (ds is paying for that). It's easier for dh to drop it off while he is at work. Also getting a new spare tire for my car. That tire looks brand new, but dh says it is super hard. Just put 4 new tires on mine a few months ago. Needed to get a spare done and all the tire pressure monitors reprogrammed.

Dinner tonight will hopefully be grilled chicken. We didn't run out of gas yesterday. Here's hoping we make it through tonight. If not, there's the stove top!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ham bone/veg soup turned out good. I went to Target for something else but got Crystal Light 2/$4. For some reason they refuse to ship that as an internet order and I have been wanting some.

Requested the trash company give me a "missed pickup" credit (about $10) for today. My complaint is valid, they missed 3 of last 4 pickups and I'm really tired of it. They opened a "case" # so I guess I can start adding onto my complaint every week. 12 minutes on the phone plus the time spent shifting the trash around. My time should be worth something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast