Waste Not Wednesday 2020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waste Not Wednesday 2020

Busy day today. Going to visit my parents. I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks because of the holidays and dh being in the hospital.

Dh has an appointment today and we'll take dgd for a haircut. She decided to cut her own hair today. We'll take her to clean up the mess mommy made trying to clean it up. Then we'll go to their house to work on a car they have. We just need to get it running and then we'll sell it and split the money.

I should go license ds' other car, but just don't feel like it. He's out of state and sometimes they are a real pain about it. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Dinner tonight will be a zucchini stir fry I saw on pinterest. We'll see how that turns out. Actually, I'm just doing my own things. Using up other veggies too before they go bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Holy moly...my kids went back to school yesterday which has TOTALLY screwed me up in remembering what day it is.

Nevertheless, it has been a fairly frugal couple of days, a doctor visit notwithstanding. We've been sticking to our meal plan (wooooo-hoooooo!) with minimal complaining from the kids. Got one freelance assignment completed with several more in the pipeline. Need to do some heavy cleaning tomorrow and Friday so we can relax this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/8 Didn't waste gas or money yesterday while in town went to bank,paid bills, never went to any store except grocery store..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to visit my parents today. Hope to make it to the DMV again. Last week was a bust, since they needed some other form. Ds got it back to me. Hopefully my tummy will hold out so I can get it done. It's the office closest to my parents and they are more lenient.

Dh has an appointment today. He called the doctor this morning. He had a nose bleed yesterday that wouldn't stop. He had to stay longer at work because he couldn't drive home. He's had some other interesting bleeds also, so hopefully they can squeeze him in while he's there for another appointment.

Not sure what we'll have for dinner. Something quick and easy. I'll see what I can pre-prep this afternoon.

Tonight we'll go get the smoke detector. Not much else happening. I do need to sew some shirts for dh tonight. We'll also stop off at walmart market to pick up some nuts for dh. It's on the way home from the doctor. They didn't have them at the store I went to yesterday and they are cheaper at WM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Such a dreary day today. We have snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain today. Dh took my car today, so I'm staying in. That's okay. I haven't been feeling like getting out much anyway. I did some grocery shopping yesterday so I don't have to get out in this mess over the next few days.

Today I'm going to make spaghetti sauce. Dh has been wanting spaghetti, so I'll make up a big batch and freeze it, so he can have spaghetti whenever he feels like it. That will be dinner tonight too.

I have a couple of loads of laundry to do, plus a couple to fold. Gather the trash for trash day. Clean out the fridge too. I also need to redo one of dh's shirts. I put in way too much extra fabric. I have a few other little things to do around the house today.

Last night dh replaced our bedroom door. It's been needing to be replaced for 25 years. We've been slowly replacing all the doors in the house. We have 6 left. The bedroom door was broken from the previous owners' dogs scratching at it and over the years it finally broke down so much that I had to put tape on it to keep from getting splinters in my hand. It still needs a coat of paint. Probably do that tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It SNOWED AGAIN!!! I'm so tired of this. We are predicted to have 65-70 degrees this weekend and then freezing again. So I'm staying in for most of the day. Dh has rehab and a dr. appointment this afternoon. I'll drop him at rehab and then go stay with dgds while dil does grocery shopping. Then meet dh for his appointment.

I was going to visit my parents, but dh took my car again because the roads were bad this morning. They look ok now, but he needed to get to work for an inspection. That's okay. I'll stay in and do our taxes. We desperately need a new computer. It's at least 12 years old, windows 7. Now we have no protection from viruses. This purchase was in our plans, but we'd like to get our tax return to help with it, or put the money back in savings. As soon as he knows how much we're getting back, he'll decided on how much to spend on the computer. Right now, we're looking at about $1800. He wants one that will do 4k video. His camera will take 4k but he has no way of watching it except on the camera. He can't add it to videos that he makes either.

Tonight's dinner was going to be the hibatchi chicken, but since I can't get to the store, not sure what I'll do. We've been eating the leftover turkey this week and it's time for a change. Maybe I'll have dil pick up the few things I need (zucchini and mushrooms) when she goes.

Need to clean the house and get ready for the super bowl.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All of the schools around here are closed for the KC Chiefs parade. I'm going to enjoy it from the comfort of my warm home. It's too cold to be out there and too many people. Dh went to work. He'll probably leave after the parade while they have the rally. When the Royals won the world series it took 1 1/2 hours to get home because all the streets were closed, cars parked everywhere. It was crazy.

Dgd spent the night. I guess she was "naughty" at home yesterday, so she can stay here with me and watch the parade. She was quite the cheerleader during the super bowl. So the house is a mess from her playing. Probably won't do much today. I'll fill the bird feeders. Also do some laundry.

Not sure what we'll have for dinner. I'll see what's in the freezer and what sounds good.