BC's Wedding Plans So Far
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default BC's Wedding Plans So Far

186 Days To Go!

The last couple of weeks Iíve been getting back into planning for the wedding, I was leaving it until after Christmas had come and gone so I could focus on that and plus it was nice to have a little break before getting into everything.

The honeymoon is paid in full with cash at a total cost of £425

Our London theatre trip & 1 night hotel stay (to be taken the day before we fly out of the UK) is paid in full with cash at a total of £191

I need to sort out car hire for our time in Corfu and also need to book train tickets to and from London, but I can not do that until 22 weeks at the earliest - so I will be doing that the end of next month.

Both rings have been purchased - mine is currently getting resized to a much small size that the store couldnít do - they have sent it away to be resized for free I had a gift card for Christmas to purchase the rings - out of my own pocket they cost less than £3! Mine is a 9ct white gold band and FDH is an argentium band (it looks the same as my white gold one)

they come up to a total of £28 - cheap but they serve there purpose I donít see the point in spending hundreds on a plain band when I can get the same for a much reasonable price - Neither of us can have stones in the rings due to working with food.

Iím getting on with all my home-made invites, the invite itself, RSVP and menu cards have all been printed and put to one side. I just have to do the evening invitations now.

My outfit is complete, Dress, shoes, underskirt, tiara, and garter. I just want a new set of underwear that includes a bra with a clear back strap - wont be hard to find.

FDH needs to sort out suits; he is hiring suits out for the day I think they are about £60 each. Not bad I suppose.

Bridesmaidsí dresses have to be looked at still.

The wedding breakfast menu is all set and ready to be sent out to people so I can then send it to the hotel nearer the date.

I have bought all my own tables decorations for the evening reception and just yesterday I bought all the balloons from eBay - I bought in total 160 balloons (in red, ivory & gold) and a 500m roll of ivory curing ribbon for just £18.99 - all I need now is to get a helium tank from the card shop, one of those is only £25. A balloon arch is to be bought ready made.

Wedding favours for the guests will be mini cupcakes and chocolate in small boxes placed ready and waiting on the table for the breakfast meal.

I am planning on going in the day before to get all the tables and balloons ready and make sure that I havenít forgotten anything.

The rooms at the hotel where the reception is taking place are free for us being bride and groom most of the guests are from out of the area so everyone will be staying at the hotel - with discounted prices.

A guy from work and his friend Ė who has spent 4 years at university doing photography, said that they could do my photos all day for about £400 Ė which is half of the cheapest quote I could find for basic pictures from the internet. I need to speak to him and get some form of agreement written out.

I am looking for a limo to take me & my bridesmaids to the ceremony and then to the hotel, I had a quote for an expensive limo so I may look at just a basic limo and see what the price difference is. I wonít be using it for long so as long as it is nice and can fit all the people I need in, itíll be fine.

The DJ we are going to have is someone who knows F-FIL. He works in a place called Beaumanor Hall (if anyone from the UK has heard of it) and they cater for wedding and events so he knows a few people that can do it cheaper than the hotel can provide one for.

Think thatís all I can remember Iíve done so far.

Everything so far has been paid with cash.

My parents have given us £800 extra towards costs and i think we may be getting cash as gifts too - but im not counting on it so if we do get some it'll be a nice little extra.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

BC!! Congratulations on being so organized and financially savvy about your wedding!! It sounds absolutely lovely and I cannot wait to see the pictures!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

BC - you must be getting so excited! Glad to see that you're organized!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You are so organized! This is such an exciting time for you, and I think you've gone a long way in making sure it is not going to be a stress-free time for you, as well!

Congrats!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    BC!! Congratulations on being so organized and financially savvy about your wedding!! It sounds absolutely lovely and I cannot wait to see the pictures!!

I'm leaving a disposable camera on each table for the evening - so it'll be interesting in what comes back lol

I hate having a debt to my name - knowing that money could be used on other things like saving. I decided long ago that i wanted to do the wedding all with cash and start married life with no extra debt and it's not in my nature to spend money like crazy anymore and in these times i dont want to spend a lot. My job is secure (getting a promo soon )but there are other things that i need to make a start with (money wise)

Next year my car payments end and I've told FDH that I'll be saving a years worth of payments (£140) into savings to be used for when we have children (hopefully end of next year) I like to save ahead so then when it happens i know i have the money there

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like your wedding is going to be lovely. Good for you for doing it all in cash and organizing it so well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got a quote from FDH father how works with DJ's and we havea quote for £175 which is great compared to the £350 the hotel was offering

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have just been going over looking for a quote for a limo and i have found some for £250 - £290 from a couple of sites - me & FDH are sitting down tomorrow to have a look at them all, see which one we like.

I have also gone thru what else needs to be booked and paid for.

Photos - £400 (guy from work + his friend who is a pro work is doing it for much cheper)
    Day of ceromony payment - £43.50
    DJ - £175
    Helium tank (for decorations) £25

with the car at the estimates we have the total comes up to £890-£930

Our savings we have for the wedding will cover all of these costs and i think that is all i need to get, i need to get speaking to a friend about making the cake.

Our curent savings stand at £1500

Whatever money is left over will be going towards our spending money for our honeymoon - we are getting some cash from guests - but i am not counting on it so it will be saved for when we get back.

Next savings job is for the car - it needs new brakes as they are worn - Its first job it needs doing (other than the usual annual service & mot) since we got it over 2 years ago, that is going to cost around £250 so i guess its not too bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You are doing awesome BC! So organized and you are being so smart in how you are using your money! Way to go girl!

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like it will be a beautiful wedding day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

keep it up girl!!!! ur doing wonderful and yes very organized thats awesome.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I forgot to mention that we got our rings bought. I got given a gift card at Christmas for where we are buying them from FDH ring cost 14.99 and mine was 12.99 - white gold 9ct so they are good solid gold. With the giftcard (£25) out of my own pocket i only paid 2.02 for both rings. We can only have plain bands when and i didnt want a stone as i would always be worried that i would lose the stone.

p.s - Thanks for your comments